Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

is buying a rank a waste of money

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smanbg

Apr 11, 2017
Earth Dimension C-137
The idea is not at wasting money, the idea is at supporting CubeCraft ! There is a team from guys, who work 24/7 to make our game experience better, this is a way to support them and say one big "thanks" for the things they do for us ! You are one ungrateful person !

Reactions: Lilleh__

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I got my rank for free ;(
At least I bought enough Miniatures to say thanks.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Purchasing a rank 1 actually gives you perks you can use and 2 upon supporting the sever you can stay to make updates, to make new games because they need to pay for the amount of players that can join 1 lobby/game and need to pay to have more worlds that they can make maps on and have maps open in

Reactions: Maaarijn

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Okay lets be honest here, did YOU buy the rank to support the server. No. You didn't have the intention on supporting the server, you just wanted the rank and its perks, and all of you with ranks are saying, "Oh I bought it to support the server, it isn't a waste of money". Lets say there are no ranks on the server, just a "select an amount and pay", you wouldn't do that. And ranks on this server are quite expensive compared to other servers. And I don't enjoy cube craft anymore, so I don't think I will be buying a rank. This is my opinion by the way ;)
EDIT: Oh yeah, why doesn't mojang make server costs free? I know they want money on every corner. But it would excellent if they were free, but in reality they won't :confused1:

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Normally I don't really understand, if you do not like something, you don't have to get it but then I remember I am a person who enjoys reading and giving negative/positive reviews.

I understand that ranks may seem useless to some and $20 could be spent on better things however, wouldn't it be the same if someone went out, saw this toy/game for their gaming console and purchase it? It doesn't have to be a game, it could be an upgrade version of something they have and to make it better, spend some cha-ching to enhance it. Some players see it as it's worth the money, some don't. People are also capable of saving their allowance before deciding whether it's worth spending x amount after saving for x amount of days.

In my opinion, I think it's okay to spend a certain amount of money (if you can afford it) if it helps you enjoy your game better.
After a long day or work/school, you would want to do something that you enjoy. If $20 can make it better, then why not. Once you grow up, you won't have that much time and money to spend on games anyways.

Then again, not everyone will agree.
This is just my 2cents on it.
At least those who are considering on purchasing would think more about it before getting it.

Titanic27

Forum Expert
Mar 17, 2014
fabulous land
I personally regret spending $60 on a rank because the perks that come with it aren't that great but I guess its helping the server. I'd say you don't save up all your money on buying a rank and instead get one if you just happen to have enough money and you know you're gonna have a lot left over. (But actually though where do y'all get your money from? Like a very small amount of people are legally allowed to work so how do the rest of you do it)

Reactions: Despacito 2

Shayley

Novice Member
Jul 13, 2017
The Netherlands
I disagree completely. Although, obi might be expensive BUT.. you support the server with it and that's what matters. If you play alot, you absolutely don't want that the server stops working and that all your stats are gone for example. The money they get is to keep up the server. I bought dia to support CubeCraft because they deserve it for their constant hard work on evolving this server.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
I disagree completely. Although, obi might be expensive BUT.. you support the server with it and that's what matters. If you play alot, you absolutely don't want that the server stops working and that all your stats are gone for example. The money they get is to keep up the server. I bought dia to support CubeCraft because they deserve it for their constant hard work on evolving this server.
Did you ACTUALLY bought the ranks to support the server :P? Or just for the perks, just out of interest

Reactions: Facelurite

Shayley

Novice Member
Jul 13, 2017
The Netherlands
Did you ACTUALLY bought the ranks to support the server :p? Or just for the perks, just out of interest
Oo i did it for both honestly, because i play cubecraft for a long time. I never understood how much time people spent to keep up a server and this year i started to realize that. I love to support servers i genuinely love to play on:)

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Oo i did it for both honestly, because i play cubecraft for a long time. I never understood how much time people spent to keep up a server and this year i started to realize that. I love to support servers i genuinely love to play on:)
I see most ranked players say they wanted to support the server, but honestly its a lie, and they just want the perks of the rank, but then again, you have to love the server if you're gonna buy a rank on it!
EDIT: I also would like to say, the rank is a waste of money but if you want to support the server do what you want.

Shayley

Novice Member
Jul 13, 2017
The Netherlands
I see most ranked players say they wanted to support the server, but honestly its a lie, and they just want the perks of the rank, but then again, you have to love the server if you're gonna buy a rank on it!
EDIT: I also would like to say, the rank is a waste of money but if you want to support the server do what you want.
Everyone has different opinions on this, not in a mean way:D

Reactions: Luzario

Wormy21GX

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2017
i dont support the server i support my gamecube with super smash bros melee and f zero gx the best games ever made

DaHammy

Mar 29, 2016
Italy
I mean you don't get so many perks with iron, but I mean does it really matter though? Buying a rank is not for it's perks but to support the server. And the perks are as a small "thank you". You wouldn't spend so much money for a rank, and that's fine. But there are people that would like to support the server. And I can be glad to have an Obsidian rank because a really nice and kind person, @Aurora, upgraded my diamond rank to obsidian for christmas.. You don't have to pay for a rank, but I'm sure the server would be glad when you would donate for it. In my view, it's more supporting the server and the perks are a small "Thank you". Then when I was diamond rank, I bought it to match ranks with @Aurora and like have the same rank as her and not for the perks

Reactions: Lilleh__ and Aurora

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
I mean you don't get so many perks with iron, but I mean does it really matter though? Buying a rank is not for it's perks but to support the server. And the perks are as a small "thank you". You wouldn't spend so much money for a rank, and that's fine. But there are people that would like to support the server. And I can be glad to have an Obsidian rank because a really nice and kind person, @Aurora, upgraded my diamond rank to obsidian for christmas.. You don't have to pay for a rank, but I'm sure the server would be glad when you would donate for it. In my view, it's more supporting the server and the perks are a small "Thank you". Then when I was diamond rank, I bought it to match ranks with @Aurora and like have the same rank as her and not for the perks
Lets be honest here, you said "I mean you don't get so many perks with iron, but does it really matter though?", It does matter, the ranks are there to attract you to buy them, for money for the server, thats the first intention for ranks. But when the new EULA came in, ranks became a waste of money. And you said "and the perks are as a small thank you", the perks are the only reason you would buy a rank and give money to the server. I also want to say, people only buy ranks for the useless perks meaning they had no intention on supporting the server. Thats all you ranked players say.
In conclusion, ranks are only there to make you donate to the server, if they just had a "pick amount of money and donate", no one would donate to a server. But in my opinion ranks are a waste of money.
I think this thread should be locked because everyone keeps saying the something :L

F

Facelurite

i dont support the server i support my gamecube with super smash bros melee and f zero gx the best games ever made
Melee has a LOT of clones. Winder when these plebs will release anither FZero , it's been ages. At keast were getting metroid prime 4.

Dont lock the thread BTW ranks are a waste of money

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Actually yeah don't lock the thread because I want to keep seeing ranked players rant about them supporting the server. And they realise they wasted their money LOL

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
Actually yeah don't lock the thread because I want to keep seeing ranked players rant about them supporting the server. And they realise they wasted their money LOL
Is that your purpose for making us sad? You can see it as waste of your money, because it is virtual. You can also see it in anonther way: it makes the game more funny etc.

Reactions: Aurora

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Is that your purpose for making us sad? You can see it as waste of your money, because it is virtual. You can also see it in anonther way: it makes the game more funny etc.
Its my opinion that ranks are a waste of money. Not because its virtual, but because the perks that come with it are useless. I don't want to quick scope you (If i used that phrase right LOL). Also what do you mean "it makes the game funny etc"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
Top Bottom