Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Most of the hackers don't care about on wich server they play. If you ban a hacker on Cube, he's gonna hack inmidiently on another server. Hackers most likely don't care about the server but about the hacking.
Basically, just to grief and have fun at the expense of others. Here's the Administrator's quote from TF2 about hackers/cheaters. Full quote:

Nothing stokes my ire like a cheater. Deception, duplicity, murder -- these are merely tools in a toolbox one can use to ensure a job done well. But cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
You do have to realize that if people like the server, they shouldn't be hacking. It's common sense.
You didnt understand a word i said did you, that person may not even know they are hacking because they may be to young, to mentally unstable, or old enough to never have known what hacking is, believe me my parents are sofar behind they could use a hack and not even know they are using one, they dont play video games, people that are new or dont understand wont know at all

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
You didnt understand a word i said did you, that person may not even know they are hacking because they may be to young, to mentally unstable, or old enough to never have known what hacking is, believe me my parents are sofar behind they could use a hack and not even know they are using one, they dont play video games, people that are new or dont understand wont know at all
I think the first give away that you are doing something that you are not supposed to is when you download a client that is not the normal one. If they are young or mentally unstable I understand, but they still need to be punished in some way.

FalseHonesty

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2016
My House
saltsquadstrong.weebly.com
No.
Is this even a question? Just don't hack.
If you are hacking, you consciously went to a website, and downloaded them. Sorry, but if you're that dumb and think you deserve a second chance?
boi. Fortunately CubeCraft is a HELL of a lot more lenient than I am.
The thing is, there are times when people watch youtubers and think its okay to hack, or the evidence could be faked, or they may be accidentally banned. In those cases, it will usually only happen once, so a 7-day ban isn't the end of the world.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
The thing is, there are times when people watch youtubers and think its okay to hack, or the evidence could be faked, or they may be accidentally banned. In those cases, it will usually only happen once, so a 7-day ban isn't the end of the world.
If it's a false ban, then of course the player should be allowed a chance to appeal. However, if the hacker actually hacked, then he shouldn't have a chance to appeal.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
If it's a false ban, then of course the player should be allowed a chance to appeal. However, if the hacker actually hacked, then he shouldn't have a chance to appeal.
The things is, if someone is banned for hacks, staff thought that the person actually did hacked. So, what you just said is that, because staff thinks that the innocent person actually hacked, he doesn't deserves an appeal.

I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

I would say Yes and No If the hacker uses minor hacks, yes he deserves a second chance
if they hack is big or he does it again then no he doesn't deserve a second chance

Tetnauc

Sep 4, 2016
In my house
I think hackers should be banned for a month first offense if not permanent, as someone stated you are conscious of going to a website and using illegal software on server that doesn't allow hacks. There are websites that post mc accounts and hackers can abuse those sites to just hack on alts over and over just to mess with people. The thing is the server will be ruined within a year if nothing is done about these hackers. Players will either go out looking for hacks to compete with the hackers or they will just leave. So now you are left with more hackers and lose more players and it continues to get worse and worse. A lot of games coming out if people have to keep dealing with hackers they will become tired of the frustration and simply stop playing.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I think hackers don't deserve a second chance at all. They actively tried to harm cubecraft's playerbase by attempting or accidentally making players rage quit. Now appeals are necessary as two of my friends were falsely banned from the server before. I currently don't like the appeal system as it is either as the appeal goes to the staff member that banned you instead of a different unbiased staff member. I can see where cubecraft can have some sympathy for hackers who legitimately feel bad for hacking so I think a 2 month ban would be enough to keep hackers who don't care about the server away but still allow players who were banned and want to play the server still a chance to come back.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
The things is, if someone is banned for hacks, staff thought that the person actually did hacked. So, what you just said is that, because staff thinks that the innocent person actually hacked, he doesn't deserves an appeal.
No, I'm saying that if the falsely banned player has proof that his punishment was false, then appealing is fine.

I'll leave this here for you to think about or for anyone else: what is the appeal system really for, besides a free unban/unmute?

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
No, I'm saying that if the falsely banned player has proof that his punishment was false, then appealing is fine.

I'll leave this here for you to think about or for anyone else: what is the appeal system really for, besides a free unban/unmute?
I mean, I've been falsely banned once. While it doesn't happen often, it still does, so I guess it's there for those who are just.... unlucky?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I mean, I've been falsely banned once. While it doesn't happen often, it still does, so I guess it's there for those who are just.... unlucky?
Same here, except on a different game. What did I do? Appeal and describe the situation as much as possible to prove my innocence. It worked but only because they had logs to verify I wasn't hacking.

Honestly, appeals is abused. Look at the majority of people who appeal. Are they rightly punished? Yes. Are some falsely banned? Yes, but that is only about less than 1% if not more.

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
Guys I know there is a huge problem with hackers on this server but if I was banned on this server I would be sooo devastated cuz this is like one of the best if not the best minigame serber ever... Maybe they deserve like a 1 month ban and then 1 more chance cuz the would be bored if they don't get to play

Just my opinion let me know what you guys think.
your right in the end hackers are human not bots :P

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
your right in the end hackers are human not bots :p
How the ban system works: your first time on the server is your first chance. Getting an unban after appealing or time's up is your 2nd. Correct term for these hackers is script kiddie or cheater. None of these players are bots but the cheats automate player behavior. The exception is fightbot but it's not reliable thanks to its absymal pathfinding (e.g. beelining to players and walking into hazards such as water/lava).

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
How the ban system works: your first time on the server is your first chance. Getting an unban after appealing or time's up is your 2nd. Correct term for these hackers is script kiddie or cheater. None of these players are bots but the cheats automate player behavior. The exception is fightbot but it's not reliable thanks to its absymal pathfinding (e.g. beelining to players and walking into hazards such as water/lava).
i dont know if cubecraft new anti cheat is good because mineplex mac was a failure and so was gwen and cubecraft has an anti cheat but its not good what im saying when a server failed in the beginning it will failed at the end unlike watchdog so yeah :/

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
i dont know if cubecraft new anti cheat is good because mineplex mac was a failure and so was gwen and cubecraft has an anti cheat but its not good what im saying when a server failed in the beginning it will failed at the end unlike watchdog so yeah :/
Mineplex gave its shot at GWEN. Problem is it's possible to bypass with low kill aura settings as xTurtle and Fit showed in their videos.

Cube might make a better anticheat than those servers. Keep in mind that this is a 1.9+ anticheat, so detecting kill aura in 1.9 is different than the others that look for abnormally high CPS. Cube's behind though, about the same anticheat stage as Hive since both just "block" certain hacks only.

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
Mineplex gave its shot at GWEN. Problem is it's possible to bypass with low kill aura settings as xTurtle and Fit showed in their videos.

Cube might make a better anticheat than those servers. Keep in mind that this is a 1.9+ anticheat, so detecting kill aura in 1.9 is different than the others that look for abnormally high CPS. Cube's behind though, about the same anticheat stage as Hive since both just "block" certain hacks only.
still dont think its gonna work just but cooldown with kill aura plugin are worthless even though most people have lots of alt the first one banned the second one come a hacker have at least 60 alt

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

@Camezonda happy birthday.

You can't stop me because your page is private or something
Basketman wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday
Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
Top Bottom