Poll for #10 Add /jail or /deltowers

• Add /jail

• Add /deltowers

• Add Both

• Both options suck

Results are only viewable after voting.

Damienwl

Jun 4, 2017
Okay so first off I've played about 300 games but I still feel relatively new because there's a lot of stuff that I'm still learning , but I have some questions about things that many people do or say and need verification.

#1 - Archers can't see behind artillery

Whenever I play TD archers can never see behind a level 4 artillery but something's can see behind level 1 artileries or maybe they are shooting over mages because their has been so many instances where mages were diagonal to the archers , so I'd like to know can archers attack mobs behind artillery and other towers or is it a case to case thing

#2 Quakes Stack

I've played a number of games with members who had unlocked plenty of towers so I assume they have a lot of experience but the weirdest thing for me to see is 6 quakes placed right next to each other at level 4. I understand that they slow mobs and cause damage but is it effective and would a battery be better

#3 Attacking wither causes it to hit towers

As I've said I've played over 300 games and in at least a quarter of them there's always that one person who says "Don't hit the either when it comes." But I'd like to know does hitting the Wither actually cause it to attack towers , because I've seen him attack towers without being hit , or is it a case to case bases.

#4 Withers have a preference in what towers to hit

Is it just me or do withers purposely aim for necromancers and sorcerers and leaches when passing an abundance of artillery mages and archers , even quakes.

#5 Wither doesn't attack when around sorcerers

I read this online but it doesn't seem to work, does it have to be a level 1 sorcerer or is there specific conditions for this , or maybe it was just an old post

#6 If a necromancer spawns an iron golem at level 1 it will stay level 1

Considering there is no sure way of knowing this without counting the blocks the iron golem can travel or tracking its damage and using math , which all of which I am to lazy to do . I ask the community should I save my money to 2,400 for necromancers so I can upgrade immediately or can I upgrade me necromancers and the iron golems will upgrade with it.

#7 Poison Towers heal Wither

Is this true ? Or maybe this was made by poison tower haters, because I don't like them myself , but is it true that they heal the Wither, because that would fuel my hate of poison towers more (p.s. I tell people it heals the Wither even though not being 100% sure , because I don't like poison towers XD)

#8 When the game ends in a tie , red team is declared winner.

That sounds completely not smart to me , but someone else says the team with more expensive towers wins, but considering I'm so op I never tie ;) (lol this is a long post so I'm joking around) , but I wanna know what happens when there is a tie is it just so happens that better people like the color red so all this time people with more expensive towers have gone on red , or is it it that the myth have caused all vets to chose red.

#9 Has anyone had the bug where you're sending mobs but nothing appears

The only exception is cave spiders for some reason or I just was hallucinating the three times this has happened and you lose money from sending mobs but the mobs don't spawn. Is this a bug and is there a way to solve this.

#10 Last but not least I think their should be an alternate to /votekick where you suspend someone's building.

Like /jail (player name) because some people are new and very uncooperative and taking away their ability to place towers is way better than booting them because it gives them a chance to learn , or maybe a /deltowers feature where you deletes all their towers both of these commands are voted on and / jail keeps the towers and has a suspension time of like 5 minutes while allowing the player to send mobs while / deltowers gets rid off all their towers with coins being returned to the person and these are majority rules commands unlike /kick

toropov

Dec 5, 2015
Canada
  1. Some towers (Archer, Leach, Poison, Turret) require a line of sight with the enemy. There needs to be a clear path from about 2 blocks above the tower to the enemy's head.
  2. Quakes don't stack.
  3. No. Wither targets a random tower.
  4. No.
  5. No.
  6. No. When Necromancer gets upgraded the old Golem is replaced.
  7. No.
  8. Team with more castle health wins.
  9. Yes and it should be fixed soon.
  10. There's a better way and we are working on it.

Damienwl

Jun 4, 2017
  1. Some towers (Archer, Leach, Poison, Turret) require a line of sight with the enemy. There needs to be a clear path from about 2 blocks above the tower to the enemy's head.
  2. Quakes don't stack.
  3. No. Wither targets a random tower.
  4. No.
  5. No.
  6. No. When Necromancer gets upgraded the old Golem is replaced.
  7. No.
  8. Team with more castle health wins.
  9. Yes and it should be fixed soon.
  10. There's a better way and we are working on it.
Thank you very much now I can dispel myths whenever someone brings them up I'm also looking forwards to what the development team is cooking up ;)

ronniewhy

Sep 15, 2016
Canada
I've played over a thousand games of Tower Defence and I'd like to say from my experience:
#5:
The wither still attacks but animals from the sorcerer tower block most of the wither bullets.
#8:
If the game ends and both teams have the same amount of health, red wins the tie.

Damienwl

Jun 4, 2017
I've played over a thousand games of Tower Defence and I'd like to say from my experience:
#5:
The wither still attacks but animals from the sorcerer tower block most of the wither bullets.
#8:
If the game ends and both teams have the same amount of health, red wins the tie.
Thanks so much for clarifying

P.S. You're the one who invented the term battery right ?

Reactions: 11Ls

ronniewhy

Sep 15, 2016
Canada
okay to a certain extent they do
putting them right next to eachother isn't really stacking them but putting them about a space apart they can stack (more in damage done less stunned because they will tick at different times)
#2:
The quake effect (stun) does not stack however, I've noticed that quake damage stacks. The tower does "stack" in this way but it's damage output is not worth stacking for.

Reactions: 11Ls and Spleefy

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
This is a gem of information to dispel some common myths that I've encountered in most of the games I've played, even from experienced players.

When I first started in TD, I heard a lot of these statements, such as quake stacks, "don't attack the wither because it'll destroy the towers", the poison tower heals the wither, etc. I've heard these numerous times and it's good to see it in writing.

When you are first starting out and playing with mostly inexperienced players, you hear such statements that you often immediately accept as fact when in actuality they are common misconceptions that spread like wildfire. Knowledge is power, and in TD this is the path if you want to improve your game.Then you just apply that knowledge in your games till it becomes second nature.

Thanks @ronnielei for adding your input to further clarify and make finer distinctions.

Great stuff!

Reactions: 11Ls and ronniewhy
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

dvodany wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday klos! :heart:
Frontlane wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday! Welcome to club 21 😎
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #53-
Iron golems can kill villagers.
Mintypie231 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!!🥳🎂
Top Bottom