Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 436996

Hello, recently I've been playing a lot of skywars with some friends, and I've come up with the conclusion, that going to mid is not worth at all.

Going to middle, right now only makes you be more protected, since you got the control of the mid of the map and you can shoot anyone.
But what about gear?
I've found people, who didn't go to middle, whilest I did, that had way more gear than me.
And that's honestly, not fair.
Middles are usually pretty far away of the spawn island, and it's honeslty pretty sad to not find any exclusive middle item, besides from an enchanted diamond sword.

So, do you think that middle chests should have something special (diamond armor enchanted...) that made it worthier to risk your life to go for that gear.

Some list of items that would be great that they had an spawn rate:

-Enderpearl
-Diamond helmet (protection 2)
-Diamond chestplate (protection 1)
-Diamond pants (Protection 1)
-Diamond boots (protection 2)
-Bow (power 2)
-Splash potions (speed, regenaration, poison, instant health..)
-Diamond axes (Sharp 1)

(If you've got any other suggestions feel free to comment them)

Open to discusion, hope to see your comments.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
It's completely fair and balanced.

I myself tend to go for mid often, but not all the times. If I do go to mid, I mostly get nearly full diamond (normal mode, obviously), some golden apples and other useful stuff. Though, if a player decides to actually participate in the game by fighting others and killing them, then it does make sense they seeing as they have killed more players, they - likely - have better (or equally good) gear as well

Going for mid is worth it, you can get the gear you prefer at the very start of the mid
Just playing the game is also worth it, though you'll only get the above mentioned gear mid-game and late game

Reactions: CubeTale and remio

zHeavy

Nov 2, 2016
Belgium
Yes, with some maps I agree, but not with all of them. (Such as 'Tron', 'Snowy' and 'Birdhouse',...)
But certainly, like 'Savannah' and 'Trees', ... damn, the middle is so far away! :(
Personally, I don't find anything special in the middle either.
It is so, what you say of the items in the middle, I think this is too strong. (Is this for a normal game mode?)
It may be better, but I will never go to the middle. Too big trouble, if you are there, then there are only 3 people still alive.
So yeah, I totally agree! The middle is too far away from the spawn islands! :)

Greetings! ;)

D

Deleted member 436996

It's completely fair and balanced.

I myself tend to go for mid often, but not all the times. If I do go to mid, I mostly get nearly full diamond (normal mode, obviously), some golden apples and other useful stuff. Though, if a player decides to actually participate in the game by fighting others and killing them, then it does make sense they seeing as they have killed more players, they - likely - have better (or equally good) gear as well

Going for mid is worth it, you can get the gear you prefer at the very start of the mid
Just playing the game is also worth it, though you'll only get the above mentioned gear mid-game and late game

Even if you can get full diamond, it's not worth to risk your life (and get bowed or snowballed) to get the same gear as you could get by just simply rushing the island next to you.
The point is just to add unique gear, so it actually makes it worth to risk your life. (talking about maps like trees, savannah, rainbow, drought...)
Yes, with some maps I agree, but not with all of them. (Such as 'Tron', 'Snowy' and 'Birdhouse',...)
But certainly, like 'Savannah' and 'Trees', ... damn, the middle is so far away! :(
Personally, I don't find anything special in the middle either.
It is so, what you say of the items in the middle, I think this is too strong. (Is this for a normal game mode?)
It may be better, but I will never go to the middle. Too big trouble, if you are there, then there are only 3 people still alive.
So yeah, I totally agree! The middle is too far away from the spawn islands! :)

Greetings! ;)
The point of the thread is not to be shorting the distance from spawn islands to middle, if not actually making it worth to risk your life to get special items.

"Oh but then mid would be op!" that's the point, if mid it's op, more people would be risking their life to get it, lowering the chances of them all to survive the bridge to middle, and in case anyone decides to just not go to middle, they still would have the chance to enchant their armor with the "enchanter" kit.

Reactions: zHeavy

zHeavy

Nov 2, 2016
Belgium
Even if you can get full diamond, it's not worth to risk your life (and get bowed or snowballed) to get the same gear as you could get by just simply rushing the island next to you.
The point is just to add unique gear, so it actually makes it worth to risk your life. (talking about maps like trees, savannah, rainbow, drought...)

The point of the thread is not to be shorting the distance from spawn islands to middle, if not actually making it worth to risk your life to get special items.

"Oh but then mid would be op!" that's the point, if mid it's op, more people would be risking their life to get it, lowering the chances of them all to survive the bridge to middle, and in case anyone decides to just not go to middle, they still would have the chance to enchant their armor with the "enchanter" kit.
That has been thought about, how you explain it now, I agree with you! ;)

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
In most maps, you only have to place, let's say like, five blocks to reach sub-mid and another five blocks to reach the actual mid, as you can see on the pictures down below

S7KQO4r.png

V1xXTai.png

hIq5foJ.png

If chests at mid would contain rare, or unique items as you called it, then we'd basically be a second Hypixel where the only goal is to make it to the mid just to get that precious stuff. It'd be a second sweaty, tryhardy server. No thank you.

I do like that you created a thread to discuss this, nice to have some discussions and to give each other more insight on their perspective

Reactions: CubeTale
D

Deleted member 436996

In most maps, you only have to place, let's say like, five blocks to reach sub-mid and another five blocks to reach the actual mid, as you can see on the pictures down below

S7KQO4r.png

V1xXTai.png

hIq5foJ.png

If chests at mid would contain rare, or unique items as you called it, then we'd basically be a second Hypixel where the only goal is to make it to the mid just to get that precious stuff. It'd be a second sweaty, tryhardy server. No thank you.

I do like that you created a thread to discuss this, nice to have some discussions and to give each other more insight on their perspective
Still, you're risking your life (except snowy), the gear I suggested is not balanced, I know.
Those armor things are kind of overpowered, but hey, wouldn't you like a spawn rate of enderpearls in the middle?
Potions?
It wouldn't turn it on a tryhard server just would made the middle way worthier.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Still, you're risking your life (except snowy), the gear I suggested is not balanced, I know.
Those armor things are kind of overpowered, but hey, wouldn't you like a spawn rate of enderpearls in the middle?
Potions?
It wouldn't turn it on a tryhard server just would made the middle way worthier.
Haven't died once when rushing mid, literally not once (at least not recently).
Enderpearls already spawn naturally at mid, by the way. In overpowered items mode, they do so from the very start, whereas in normal mode they start spawning from the first general refill, which is good because like I said, we would turn a second sweaty Hypixel where mid is the only thing that matters

D

Deleted member 436996

Haven't died once when rushing mid, literally not once (at least not recently).
Enderpearls already spawn naturally at mid, by the way. In overpowered items mode, they do so from the very start, whereas in normal mode they start spawning from the first general refill, which is good because like I said, we would turn a second sweaty Hypixel where mid is the only thing that matters
Yes, I know they spawn in the first general refill. But that's a lot of time (about 10 minutes?).

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom