should this be implemented?

• yes, pretty cool

• maybe

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

TnAdan_

Jul 13, 2020
Brazil
i think this should be ingame already! this was never suggested before(i think), would be a simple trail, just some dark blue particles around u, i think this gonna be a simple addition but still good (:

the way it will work its simple, you link your discord and the server
give to you the trail

thats it, i hope this will be
up on the server, java & bedrock c:

Josher

Forum Expert
Sep 1, 2015
Belgium
At first glance, this may see like a fun reward for people who have taken the time to link their account to the system. But keep in mind that Discord requires their users to comply with certain conditions in order to use their services. Discord’s Terms of Service clearly state that all users must be at least 13 years of age and have reached the minimum age of digital consent in their country. This means that only players who’ve reached a certain age requirement would be eligible for this trail, which I think would be kinda stupid...

Reactions: Hqteful

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
I have forwarded your suggestion but unfortunately it is not possible to do it in a form of a trail.

What do you think about giving people who linked their account a hat or a balloon instead?

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
I have forwarded your suggestion but unfortunately it is not possible to do it in a form of a trail.

What do you think about giving people who linked their account a hat or a balloon instead?
A balloon could work. Though coming up with a 3D design of the Discord logo (or something similar) could be challenging.

Making a trail is quite easy, the issue is the amount of particles that we send to the server for each trail, those particles can damage the server and the client's performance.

that is the reason that most of our trails are "legendary" or "rare" :)
That's a fair reasoning on it. Particles could also cause lag and lower players framerates as well. Since there is the option in the MC settings for the particles, it makes sense it could cause quite a bit of server-wide issues as well as players with not so good PCs or connection, I could be wrong with all of this.

Reactions: Lozora

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
A balloon could work. Though coming up with a 3D design of the Discord logo (or something similar) could be challenging.
It indeed is, but we have some very good Designers who are able to create such a design :)
That's a fair reasoning on it. Particles could also cause lag and lower players framerates as well. Since there is the option in the MC settings for the particles, it makes sense it could cause quite a bit of server-wide issues as well as players with not so good PCs or connection, I could be wrong with all of this.
Nope, you're totally right! Hence why I suggested a little change to the suggestion.

A balloon is a small thing but also a very cool thing. The idea of a reward for linking your passport account is amazing and can't be ignored. Im really curious what the thread owner thinks about this.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Matriox wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🕺
Top Bottom