Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Disable interactions when holding food: good or not?

• No, I like beeing distracted by villagers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Martinocom

Apr 10, 2016
How many times this happened: you're fighting, this is your last chance, you're going to die soon... Hold on! I have a Golden Apple! Quick, let's eat it!
But you forgot that you've been too close to a generator. (or villager) You start to eating and your mouse goes exactly when it shouldn't: OVER THE GENERATOR.
You stop to eat the Apple, Generator's menu is open... and you're dead.

So the main question is:

Can it be possible to disable any interactions with villagers and/or generators whenever I'm eating/holding a piece of food in hand?
It gets me every time more and more angry, because there are literally NANOSECONDS and you have no time to thing about some stupid generator interfering your fight.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
This doesn't bother me that much, but I would like this to be added.

It is indeed annoying when you are fighting and you get killed because you couldn't eat your golden apple, because of the villager or generator. Also, can you add a poll so people can vote for your suggestion?

Reactions: Martinocom

LlTE

Jul 20, 2019
Turkey
It happened to me more than once, but try to avoid them when you eat. I also hope that they improve it.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
How many times this happened: you're fighting, this is your last chance, you're going to die soon... Hold on! I have a Golden Apple! Quick, let's eat it!
But you forgot that you've been too close to a generator. (or villager) You start to eating and your mouse goes exactly when it shouldn't: OVER THE GENERATOR.

So the main question is:

Can it be possible to disable any interactions with villagers and/or generators whenever I'm eating/holding a piece of food in hand?
It gets me every time more and more angry, because there are literally NANOSECONDS and you have no time to thing about some stupid generator interfering your fight.

Thanks for your suggestion, I suport this one!
Even though I don't experience this a lot myself I can imagine that It's very annoying that you're abled to open a generator in the middle of a fight and that should be changed, but this does not only happen with food though it also happens to me with bows and blocks and other weapons/items that I use quite often.

But there are a few things that must be considered here :

~If you want them to only make this count for food? I personally experienced that this is not only a problem with food, but also with weapons and blocks etc. Adding this for a lot of items could become quite annoying because that means that you MUST have an open slot in your hotbar just to be abled to open up the generator menu or the shop menu.

~Are there any negative effects by adding this?
I think there are. Imagine that you went to mid to grab a lot of diamonds or gold or whatever to upgrade your generators with but someone follows you all the way to your island to kill you and he starts hitting you a lot and you know that you wont survive it without a golden apple, you're close to the moment you die with, for example, food in your hand and you want to upgrade the generator close before you die. Adding the feature not to be abled to open up the gen would cause that you're not abled to upgrade your generator before you died. Or imagine the moment you're running to the villager to buy some golden apples fast so you can survive the fight. But you have steak or any other item in your hand that moment so you're not abled to open the store and you die aswell.

Maybe you should brainstorm about your suggestion to make it even better like :

How can I improve my suggestion?
What could be a solution?
Is it necessary to add this and why?
What items do you suggest that you're unabled to open a menu with that item in your hand?

I voted yes, but if they decide to implement this they must think this through very well to prevent other problems from occuring!

Last edited:

99th_DutchNubnub

Feb 8, 2020
nubbieland
Eng: I'm sure it's very frustrating,
And I also think they've got something to it and maybe it's going to be added.

Nl: Ik weet zeker dat het erg frustrerend is.
En ik denk ook dat ze er iets aan hebben en misschien wordt het toegevoegd.

Sp:Estoy seguro de que es muy frustrante.
Y creo que les va a hacer bien.
Y tal vez se añadirá.

PieCreeper

Dec 18, 2016
This is not a major issue on the game as I rarely encounter this issue while playing EggWars but it would still be a nice change.

Martinocom

Apr 10, 2016
~Are there any negative effects by adding this?
I think there are. Imagine that you went to mid to grab a lot of diamonds or gold or whatever to upgrade your generators with but someone follows you all the way to your island to kill you and he starts hitting you a lot and you know that you wont survive it without a golden apple, you're close to the moment you die with, for example, food in your hand and you want to upgrade the generator close before you die. Adding the feature not to be abled to open up the gen would cause that you're not abled to upgrade your generator before you died. Or imagine the moment you're running to the villager to buy some golden apples fast so you can survive the fight. But you have steak or any other item in your hand that moment so you're not abled to open the store and you die aswell.

This is why I said: "It should be choosable what and when It should be disabled".
Not every person will be happy about this change, and many people will instead enjoy it, as usual. The thing could happen with bow, with food, with every item that needs to be triggered by right click of mouse, so there are a list of potentially "dangerous" items.

You're right, I won't mention them all, because if the block will be on EVERY single item, this kind of situation with "last upgrade" will not stand and many of players could feel frustraded. And this is why I specifically asked only for the FOOD items, since they're the most used by right-clicking them.

Want add bow? Some wands from SkyWars? I think it's not a problem, but it will became challenging to balance what and when. Ideally, I imagine that on every game I can check what should and what shouldn't trigger the generator, but I know this will put too much effort to implement rules and settings.

For me, the best general choice is one: food doesn't trigger it, and I'm able to check if I want this option or not. It will be cool to choose if I want not to trigger generators, villagers or BOTH.
I could accept also bow and wands. Other types of things could really mess up the game.

PS: when holding, I mean not only with your right hand, but also with the LEFT one (like sword + golden apple combo) In this case, when holding the Golden Apple on my LEFT arm and fighting with the RIGHT one, neither generators (nor villagers, if choosen) should be triggered: I'm in the "READY TO COMBAT" state. When I need to interact, SHIFT + CLICK should be the shortcut... And when I'm writing my thoughts right now, it will be cool instead of having "automatic switch" a manual one: I'm DECLARING that when in the "READY TO COMBAT" state, I don't want to trigger generators nor villagers. Like a SHIFT + F keyboard combination. Applying a fake effect, it should be possible to activate or deactivate it.

Reactions: Lozora

zSeann

Novice Member
Sep 23, 2017

So the main question is:

I think its a good idea. I had sometime the same issue and it is pretty annoying.

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
That's a good idea. Even if it doesn't happen a lot imo it would be a nice addition just incase. :)

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
This issue doesn't really effect me much but it is a good idea. Having villagers and generators disabled when trying to eat a gapple can be helpful during pvp situations. Only down side I see is that if you are not in a fight and want to open its invitory it will be annoying because sometimes you have the food in your hand or off hand and just chillin getting loot or buying things.

Ziu.

Novice Member
Apr 25, 2020
Lithuania
The problem I see is new players... I only agree with the choosable option because new players might don't know this and when they want to open a menu and if they are holding food by any chance it won't work and it might confuse them, personally I think it should be an option in settings.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I do think that this idea, can be very good, since that could like a lot of people, since, at least I have died many times because of this thing. I would really appreciate it if they put it like you say, because the truth is that it's very annoying.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom