Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestions-compilation.201864/

Referring to this thread ^
Why are you creating a suggestions thread inside a suggestions forum. You’re basically just creating a mini-forum inside of the main forum which does the exact same purpose as the main forum.

If you want to see which suggestions get looked over, then why don’t you just create three seperate sub-forums called:

Accepted Suggestions
Suggestions In-Progress
Archived Suggestions (For invalid and denied suggestions)

Why?

Accepted Suggestions -
This shows that Cubecraft actually listens to suggestions made by the community.
Suggestions In-Progress - This shows that suggestions are being looked at and actually are being implemented.
Archived Suggestions - This shows which suggestions are bad ideas and gives examples to current community members of what suggestions they shouldn’t create.

All suggestions are created in this main forum and then staff can move them to the relevant sub-forum. Suggestions which are still under review stay in the ‘Suggestions’ main forum.

ty, kthxbai
- Nikoshka

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
The reason why I made that thread is because there are thousands of threads that are currently lurking with no higher-up response but LOADS of support on. I wanted to ask people to see what suggestions they believe will be good for the server, so I can look at it further, and send it off to the appropriate people.
It is not as an excuse to pretend like we’re listening to the community either.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
There may have been some suggestions pushed back a couple of months. :p
They can just be bumped. I really don't see any difference between the suggestions compilation and the suggestions page itself apart from the fact that a comment is way less detailed.
Also, what prevents players from just posting all their suggestions in the compilation?
What's the big difference?
On the contrary, I think the suggestions page is much easier to navigate because highly wanted suggestions will be constantly commented on letting ti stay on the top, while denied suggestions or dead suggestions will be locked instead.

Reactions: Nikoshka

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
I kinda have to agree with this, I doubt the intention was to pretend like they listen to suggestions - but I totally understand that it looks like that.
There are 659 pages of suggestions, and everyone wants their suggestions to get added. We shouldn't need a compilation thread for that.

My suggestion would be to collect all the suggestions that got made from a year ago till now, and sort them all out. Troll/pointless suggestions get thrown out and the rest gets sorted into categories. One for Eggwars, one for Skywars, one for general network changes, ect ect. This 'document/platform' should be publicly visible.

This way the management can actually SEE what is being suggested for that gamemode, instead of having to come up with their own plans/browsing through a few select threads. When they wanna update a gamemode, they open this category and select what's possible.

Of course this doesn't really work for people suggesting brand new gamemodes, but these should all go in a separate category - you can see it as a place to get inspiration whenever you feel like adding a new gamemode.

This would make your life a bit easier, while satisfying the community a bit more.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
They can just be bumped. I really don't see any difference between the suggestions compilation and the suggestions page itself apart from the fact that a comment is way less detailed.
Also, what prevents players from just posting all their suggestions in the compilation?
What's the big difference?
On the contrary, I think the suggestions page is much easier to navigate because highly wanted suggestions will be constantly commented on letting ti stay on the top, while denied suggestions or dead suggestions will be locked instead.
I can see where you’re coming from. But from what I’ve seen, there are some threads on the compilation that are pure gems, and their last reply was a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 169486

I suggested that once a suggestion is getting worked on, they put it in a large list of threads called "Accepted Suggestions" or something along those lines, then make one called "Denied suggestions" that would just say thing that are not getting added like "In game reporting" and stuff. They said that's not possible tho but I don't understand how.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
The reason why I made that thread is because there are thousands of threads that are currently lurking with no higher-up response but LOADS of support on. I wanted to ask people to see what suggestions they believe will be good for the server, so I can look at it further, and send it off to the appropriate people.
It is not as an excuse to pretend like we’re listening to the community either.

I understand that but eventually, your thread is going to have the same amount of responses as there are in the entire suggestions forum itself.

To make it easier viewing what suggestions are, you’d have to start categorising them instead of a new thread to jumble ideas on.

Don’t get me wrong - It’s nice to see management wanting to view community suggestions but this really isn’t the way to making it easier.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/suggestions-compilation.201864/

Referring to this thread ^
Why are you creating a suggestions thread inside a suggestions forum. You’re basically just creating a mini-forum inside of the main forum which does the exact same purpose as the main forum.

If you want to see which suggestions get looked over, then why don’t you just create three seperate sub-forums called:

Accepted Suggestions
Suggestions In-Progress
Archived Suggestions (For invalid and denied suggestions)

Why?

Accepted Suggestions -
This shows that Cubecraft actually listens to suggestions made by the community.
Suggestions In-Progress - This shows that suggestions are being looked at and actually are being implemented.
Archived Suggestions - This shows which suggestions are bad ideas and gives examples to current community members of what suggestions they shouldn’t create.

All suggestions are created in this main forum and then staff can move them to the relevant sub-forum. Suggestions which are still under review stay in the ‘Suggestions’ main forum.

ty, kthxbai
- Nikoshka
So suggestions either have to be accepted, otherwise they are "bad" ? You can have some good suggestions that still won't be added, many suggestion posts are also discussion posts, posts were there is no "good" or "bad", more of a controversial topic that brings new points of views. Categorising suggestions into two boxes is a pretty "primitive" approach. We wouldn't always say "why" we deny suggestions, so how would players know what suggestions to make when the denied suggestions would sometimes be just as good as the "accepted" ones.

A few points of discussion:
1) False hope, not every suggestion can have a simple yes/no answer.
2) Who would tell all the players why their "accepted" suggestion isn't implemented (yet)?
3) Does management have time to go through "pending" reports? (mods don't "implement" the suggestions)
4) We already "Lock" bad suggestions. Why not just create an archive for locked suggestions?
5) Many people put more than one suggestion in their thread.
6) Sometimes the suggestion itself is bad but there are good suggestions in the comments.
7) I don't want to deal with all the members wanting to know/ranting that their suggestions get denied.

I would suggest a permanent "Suggestions Pool" that groups up all "good suggestions" (deemed good/relevent by staff) where suggestions are open for discussion and necroposting isn't a thing. The point is to be able to have all the suggestions that are interesting in one spot and not drowned with the others, members can all post their opinions on them, lots of feedback is never a bad thing, if a suggestion gets out dated it can get moved out of the pool.

Reactions: Nikoshka
D

Deleted member 169486

Here's the thing, it probably takes a bit of time for dev's to make a new feature right, and before that management has to say "yeah, that's getting added" so the dev's can start working on it, right? Then once management tells dev's to start working, can't they add it to a thread of "WIP suggestions" so people don't be arguing on a topic until days before it's added (emerald gens)?

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
So suggestions either have to be accepted, otherwise they are "bad" ?
Not really, suggestions who will be placed into the denied box, will mostly just not fit into the server. The staff might just already have a perspective on the outcome. Some suggestions are still bad, though. Adding a €1 rank is an example.

Last edited:

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
This totally won't get people angry that their suggestion wasn't accepted
Being you were a moderator before, think of appeals that were denied and how commonly people would be asking you why your appeal was denied
Now increase that tenfold

Can you see a potential problem with spam here?

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
a5dNTgTFRAiCVZzhwSfCqQ.png

@Younisco what happened lol? You just quoted me

Reactions: Injunction

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
So suggestions either have to be accepted, otherwise they are "bad" ? You can have some good suggestions that still won't be added, many suggestion posts are also discussion posts, posts were there is no "good" or "bad", more of a controversial topic that brings new points of views.

Sorry, I don’t really mean “bad”, per-se. But more a place for suggestions which won’t/can’t be implemented for various reasons.

Lezappen said:
Categorising suggestions into two boxes is a pretty "primitive" approach. We wouldn't always say "why" we deny suggestions, so how would players know what suggestions to make when the denied suggestions would sometimes be just as good as the "accepted" ones.

That’s a fault of management.
They should be transparent to the community when dealing with suggestions.

If suggestions have to simply be left in the dark for a while, then leaving them in the suggestions section is fine.

Lezappen said:
A few points of discussion:

The main suggestions forum is still in place. Suggestions which have no answer are left in this forum. Suggestions which are confirmed as coming are moved to pending. Suggestions which have or won’t be implemented are moved to accepted / denied.

Lezappen said:
2) Who would tell all the players why their "accepted" suggestion isn't implemented (yet)?

Management.
They should be a little more transparent with the community, imo.

Also, moderation can remove any really really rediculous suggestions like:
“mak obsidannn renk £1 !1!1! plsplspls”

Lezappen said:
3) Does management have time to go through "pending" reports? (mods don't "implement" the suggestions)

If management has time to view every single suggestion, as they claim, then they defo have time to easily move a post to a relevant forum :p.

Lezappen said:
4) We already "Lock" bad suggestions. Why not just create an archive for locked suggestions?

That’s the whole point of what I suggested but with a few extra sub-forums.

Lezappen said:
5) Many people put more than one suggestion in their thread.

It doesn’t have to be 100% perfect. Perhaps if one of the suggestions are accepted, move it into accepted and give info as to why other suggestions aren’t accepted.

Lezappen said:
6) Sometimes the suggestion itself is bad but there are good suggestions in the comments.

Again, there isn’t a strict guidelines as to how it works. It’s a pretty rough way of showing that Cube actually listens to suggestions.

Lezappen said:
7) I don't want to deal with all the members wanting to know/ranting that their suggestions get denied.

If staff are too afraid of community backlash when denying a suggestion, then it just shows the lack of quality in CCG staff tho tbh...
Staff are meant to be there to deal with backlash and not be afraid of it.
Sorry but not sorry. Just my opinion.

Lezappen said:
I would suggest a permanent "Suggestions Pool" that groups up all "good suggestions" (deemed good/relevent by staff) where suggestions are open for discussion and necroposting isn't a thing. The point is to be able to have all the suggestions that are interesting in one spot and not drowned with the others, members can all post their opinions on them, lots of feedback is never a bad thing, if a suggestion gets out dated it can get moved out of the pool.

Ehhh, there’s a problem with that tho. Every single member will start asking for their suggestion to be moved to that suggestion pool. Also, the suggestion pool is based on staff opinion which means there could be a lot of variation in opinions and disagreements of what is/isn’t moved.

Maybe some sort of upvoting system could be added onto the forums? That would be neat tbh. :p
Or, if a suggestion has over 20 likes, it gets automatically moved to the suggestion pool.

This totally won't get people angry that their suggestion wasn't accepted
Being you were a moderator before, think of appeals that were denied and how commonly people would be asking you why your appeal was denied
Now increase that tenfold

Can you see a potential problem with spam here?

Ehhh... Not really. Appeal denying doesn’t come with a reason however, to deny a suggestion, staff would provide reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.