Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should this delete button be added?

• Yes, but with changes(Please comment!).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
Hey everyone, TDS here with another suggestion. I think that there should be a 'delete' button on thread posts, available to the person who posted the comment, and staff if needed. I believe this would be good because sometimes I, and I am sure others, will by mistakenly necro-post because they do not look at the date. Then, they look at the date and realize they necro-posted without trying to. If this button was added, they could simply delete the post. Also, if someone says something they realize they shouldn't have, they won't have to edit the post and think of something else, they can simply delete it.

HenryBud

Apr 11, 2018
France
Hey everyone, TDS here with another suggestion. I think that there should be a 'delete' button on thread posts, available to the person who posted the comment, and staff if needed. I believe this would be good because sometimes I, and I am sure others, will by mistakenly necro-post because they do not look at the date. Then, they look at the date and realize they necro-posted without trying to. If this button was added, they could simply delete the post. Also, if someone says something they realize they shouldn't have, they won't have to edit the post and think of something else, they can simply delete it.
This suggestion came at the right time for me. I thought if it was allowed to delete a comment or publication. +1
Another reason may be: You publish something that you thought was necessary, but then some inform you better and it is not so. I see no reason not to accept this suggestion.

Reactions: TheDarkSavage

RafaCP

Novice Member
Feb 20, 2018
I agree with this, it is something we need for the reasons already mentioned. +1
I also think that our publications could be blocked, by ourselves, but not reopened.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I personally would rather leave this to staff's decision to delete posts if necessary. Lots of rather annoying looking threads could appear since you'd see responses to a comment which may have been deleted, resulting in a thread that's hard to follow if you're reading through the comments. Deleting your own posts for whatever reason is pretty unnecessary in my opinion, and it's not really like you can undo a necro post assuming that the thread would still be bumped to the top. I often also see threads where someone necroposts, and then the next two or three people also post along, not realizing it was a necroposted thread. If the necroposter himself deleted his comment, it'd look like the next comment (who posted after the necropost was made) was the one who actually necroposted it. Just lots of small but pesky issues with a feature with no good purpose.

Oh and:
and staff if needed.
Staff can already delete messages if necessary.

Reactions: SpringWarz

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
This:
I personally would rather leave this to staff's decision to delete posts if necessary. Lots of rather annoying looking threads could appear since you'd see responses to a comment which may have been deleted, resulting in a thread that's hard to follow if you're reading through the comments. Deleting your own posts for whatever reason is pretty unnecessary in my opinion, and it's not really like you can undo a necro post assuming that the thread would still be bumped to the top. I often also see threads where someone necroposts, and then the next two or three people also post along, not realizing it was a necroposted thread. If the necroposter himself deleted his comment, it'd look like the next comment (who posted after the necropost was made) was the one who actually necroposted it. Just lots of small but pesky issues with a feature with no good purpose.

Oh and:

Staff can already delete messages if necessary.

Otherwise you can pm/tag us, we'll delete a comment for you, you can already edit your posts.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom