• Meh

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
@Quetzi I understand what you are saying, you mentioned that the management team does not acknowledge suggestions, I got a fix for this make a monthly or bimonthly developer update thread that has all accepted or considered suggestions and also sneak peaks of future updates( not full information)

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Recently there have been a lot of threads about the way the server is heading, if I am to be honest I agree with them. The community is not being acknowledged by the Management team. So I have a simple idea make a dedicated content team, this could be a staff position. To all people who say this is not needed, since management is busy handling something why not add a dedicated group of people who read suggestions and implement or forward this. Anyway there would be at least 4 positions for the content team. This staff position

Head(s) of the team: He/she would be in charge of over seeing what the team does. They would also be the person in charge of deciding who gets to join the team.

Mini game developer: As the name suggests they develop mini games. Now many of you are probably saying if we add this what will be the point of our main developer. These developers would be in charge of small monthly updates for each game, taking into consideration community suggestions.

Sub categories of the mini game developer:

Vanity developer: This is not a big position so anyone with a reasonable amount of code can apply for this position and as their name suggests they make vanity features for both rankers and non rankers. Also their job is to make things look nice and have a easy functionality. They will have the ability to add quests achievements.

Builders: With the amount of games being added and or updated why not let the main build team focus of adding maps to games that will get an update in the near future. That's where this position comes in handy, since a lot of games usually get very little updates why not make a dedicated builder team that's meant to make maps to keep the flow of maps to each game steady. They will also have the ability to make small changes that the build team doesn't have time to acknowledge.

Trusted: This is not a significant role in the team but its important non the less, these people will have a special sub forum dedicated just to them so that all the positions above can have a more clear view of what the community want. Select people get chosen for this rank.

Pros:
- We as the community can finally be heard.
- Our suggestions will be read.
- We will get a developer update thread every 1-3 months that gives hints on whats going to happen and what has already happened.

Cons:
-May reduce powers of certain staff.

If you have any suggestions for the thread please comment below.
So you want more staff to look at the forums more? I think it would be nice to have this as I get staff telling me "they don't have the time to go out of 1.9 and go to 1.8 or something like that, and they will just never come help me. Now I know that it isn't there job to get out of a game and go help the players, but what are the staff doing? Are they doing irl things? Are they doing more staff work?
As much as I love the idea, the Staff probably have too much "staff work" and too much "IRL things" to deal with :/

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
So you want more staff to look at the forums more? I think it would be nice to have this as I get staff telling me "they don't have the time to go out of 1.9 and go to 1.8 or something like that, and they will just never come help me. Now I know that it isn't there job to get out of a game and go help the players, but what are the staff doing? Are they doing irl things? Are they doing more staff work?
As much as I love the idea, the Staff probably have too much "staff work" and too much "IRL things" to deal with :/
It’s not really stafff dedicated to looking at only reading and implementing suggestions nor only help players. Their job is to keep games updated and versions updates constantly, this could help in cases like 1.8, uhc, freebuild and Island games. Also keep in mind that this is just some staff members who help keep games and check while also reading suggestions to see what is fit for a game, plus everything added and teased will be put in a thread called the developer update thread. That is to make no confusion.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
It’s not really stafff dedicated to looking at only reading and implementing suggestions nor only help players. Their job is to keep games updated and versions updates constantly, this could help in cases like 1.8, uhc, freebuild and Island games. Also keep in mind that this is just some staff members who help keep games and check while also reading suggestions to see what is fit for a game, plus everything added and teased will be put in a thread called the developer update thread. That is to make no confusion.
Oh, I thought you meant all of them lol
+1

Reactions: MimicPanda

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
make a monthly or bimonthly developer update thread that has all accepted or considered suggestions and also sneak peaks of future updates( not full information)
As cool of an idea as many might think, I don't believe it would be good in the long run. Some projects get moved aside for something more urgent or something might not be dome in time. Putting a list of things that could happen is the same as saying that it will happen and it possibly not happening for one reason or another.

I just wouldn't want something promised but never delivered.

Reactions: Marieke2001

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
As cool of an idea as many might think, I don't believe it would be good in the long run. Some projects get moved aside for something more urgent or something might not be dome in time. Putting a list of things that could happen is the same as saying that it will happen and it possibly not happening for one reason or another.

I just wouldn't want something promised but never delivered.
Your right, but that’s why I suggested the content team. This would bring back JR developers to help us keep every game up to date, and if we have lots of developers here and there a thread like that could be possible.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Builders: With the amount of games being added and or updated why not let the main build team focus of adding maps to games that will get an update in the near future. That's where this position comes in handy, since a lot of games usually get very little updates why not make a dedicated builder team that's meant to make maps to keep the flow of maps to each game steady. They will also have the ability to make small changes that the build team doesn't have time to acknowledge.

Hi I've read this quite a few times and it still confuses me. I'm just struggling to grasp what you believe our current build team does.

I help lead the build team at CubeCraft, we have a great team of truly talented builders who create content daily on our build server and we are actively recruiting. Maps take time to create, and are always released as map update or as part of an update.

This year alone, we have released 125 maps, along with 8 lobbies. That's more maps than any other year.

As for the little updates that "the builders don't have time to do" could you please explain what small changes you mean? I'd be more than happy to make the changes if it's a good suggestion.

For example if you check news posts I've made, I always add a full changelog at the bottom listing small changes that have been made. These are either suggestions I've read on the forums, been forwarded from staff or a map bug.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/awesome-map-update.190716/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/summer-map-update.194876/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/halloween-part-1-monstrous-map-update.198727/

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Hi I've read this quite a few times and it still confuses me. I'm just struggling to grasp what you believe our current build team does.

I help lead the build team at CubeCraft, we have a great team of truly talented builders who create content daily on our build server and we are actively recruiting. Maps take time to create, and are always released as map update or as part of an update.

This year alone, we have released 125 maps, along with 8 lobbies. That's more maps than any other year.

As for the little updates that "the builders don't have time to do" could you please explain what small changes you mean? I'd be more than happy to make the changes if it's a good suggestion.

For example if you check news posts I've made, I always add a full changelog at the bottom listing small changes that have been made. These are either suggestions I've read on the forums, been forwarded from staff or a map bug.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/awesome-map-update.190716/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/summer-map-update.194876/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/halloween-part-1-monstrous-map-update.198727/
I just meant a few builders that’s main purpose is to make maps for games that don’t get updates constantly, these builders won’t really take away from the main builders. These builders can help you create maps for ffa, assasins and survival games since there is a big demand for it. Basically the builders I mention here will try to get a map update for less updated games every 1-2 months. Sorry if my point didn’t make too much sense. If you have any other problems with understanding this part please say.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom