Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_G0dPiXeL

Sep 29, 2016
Nobody in their right mind would spend $180 on a MINECRAFT RANK, I've seen way too many Obsidian ranks and I feel bad for them because they got suckered out of their money.

CubeCraft does not need hundreds and hundreds of dollars to host a server, and a Minecraft server should not be the owner's main or even significant source of income, I think that ranks are too expensive, and that you would get MORE money from decreasing the price even just for the holidays.

Lower price = more customers

More customers = MORE MONEY

The owner obviously hasn't learned basic economics

Iron = $5
Lapiz = $10
Gold = $20
Diamond = $30
Emerald = $40
Obsidian = $50

is my proposition

or you could just make that the holiday sale and bump the numbers up a little bit for the rest of the year.

I know you're getting money with the current prices but with my proposed prices, you'll make even more, and the people who are buying the ranks save money, everybody wins.

Reactions: Coprolalia

Mr_Riolu_

Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2016
Treasure town :D
Nobody in their right mind would spend $180 on a MINECRAFT RANK, I've seen way too many Obsidian ranks and I feel bad for them because they got suckered out of their money.

CubeCraft does not need hundreds and hundreds of dollars to host a server, and a Minecraft server should not be the owner's main or even significant source of income, I think that ranks are too expensive, and that you would get MORE money from decreasing the price even just for the holidays.

Iron = $5
Lapiz = $10
Gold = $20
Diamond = $30
Emerald = $40
Obsidian = $50

is my proposition

or you could just make that the holiday sale and bump the numbers up a little bit for the rest of the year.

I know you're getting money with the current prices but with my proposed prices, you'll make even more, and the people who are buying the ranks save money, everybody wins.
I bought an obsidian rank to donate. Also this would make current ranks would feel cheated. Just wait for a sale. Also it does take 100's of dollars to run a server like this. Every lobby and game you play are diffrent servers all connected into one big server known as cubecraft :)

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
I don't agree with this. they are not requiring us to buy rank. and they make prise enough,so they can run the server.

Reactions: Mr_Riolu_

The_G0dPiXeL

Sep 29, 2016
I bought an obsidian rank to donate. Also this would make current ranks would feel cheated. Just wait for a sale. Also it does take 100's of dollars to run a server like this. Every lobby and game you play are diffrent servers all connected into one big server known as cubecraft :)

Well if you bought it to donate why would you feel cheated?

and it doesn't, and even if it did it should still come out of the owners pocket not ours.

And you obviously ignored what I said

The_G0dPiXeL

Sep 29, 2016
I don't agree with this. they are not requiring us to buy rank. and they make prise enough,so they can run the server.

Sure, they aren't but they are requiring us to buy a rank to play overpowered.

Nope, as I said before no server hosting company I've seen charges $100, and still that should come from the owners pocket not ours.

U

Unipotato

Iron = $5
Lapiz = $10
Gold = $20
Diamond = $30
Emerald = $40
Obsidian = $50

is my proposition

This is why they are called Donator Ranks. The server has ranks for the people who want to support the server. They are not a popularity contest and do not affect gameplay. Besides, the Donors who already paid $100 would feel cheated and Cubecraft would have to refund TONS of people. If you want a cheap or free Rank, wait for sales or enter a raffle/competition.

Reactions: Garden Salad

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
Sure, they aren't but they are requiring us to buy a rank to play overpowered.

Nope, as I said before no server hosting company I've seen charges $100, and still that should come from the owners pocket not ours.
I know it is a lot, but have a sale.

_V1P3R

Dec 20, 2016
People would of lost money as the prices became cheaper.So this is unlikely to happen for fair reasons

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016

LOL
Not everyone pays 180$ for a rank. You know there's a 20$ Iron rank, right?
And that a MC server shouldn't be their main source of income? You really don't know how hard it is managing a server, or how much it costs. That and they need money to live. Living isn't cheap.
EDIT: That and their blowout sales are pretty big (50% off), so just wait until then.
EDIT 2: ugh this isn't donating at all. I really hate using that term when it comes to MC ranks; we're buying. We're giving them money in return for something. If they just expected people to donate w/o benefits, every MC server would have tanked 2 months after they opened.

The_G0dPiXeL

Sep 29, 2016
LOL
Not everyone pays 180$ for a rank. You know there's a 20$ Iron rank, right?
And that a MC server shouldn't be their main source of income? You really don't know how hard it is managing a server, or how much it costs. That and they need money to live. Living isn't cheap.
EDIT: That and their blowout sales are pretty big (50% off), so just wait until then.
Yeah but Iron can't do anything...
It's called having a real job, and unless the owner is a kid or they are uneducated, it's not hard to get a job.
So theres no Christmas sale, ugh.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Yeah but Iron can't do anything...
It's called having a real job, and unless the owner is a kid or they are uneducated, it's not hard to get a job.
So theres no Christmas sale, ugh.
Wtf is a real job
Managing a server is a real job. Like Youtubing, drawing, cooking, etc. They might be unconventional, but there are very successful people in all those fields who consider it a "real job". They're more successful than you or I will ever be.
Christmas is still 6 days away. Get your panties out of a twist and stop complaining.

Reactions: Snodia

The_G0dPiXeL

Sep 29, 2016
Wtf is a real job
Managing a server is a real job. Like Youtubing, drawing, cooking, etc. They might be unconventional, but there are very successful people in all those fields who consider it a "real job". They're more successful than you or I will ever be.
Christmas is still 6 days away. Get your panties out of a twist and stop complaining.

Yes except that you're not supposed to be dependent on server donations.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The one that suggested this thread*

Really? you don't even consider the thousands that have already bought it? they will definitely be pissed if this were a thing.
Even if this would work, it would work for a very short amount of time.
There'd be a burst of purchases, BUT it won't work in the long run.
After probably 4 months, everything will have settled down, where not as many older players will have a stone rank.
At that point, $50 would seem too expensive.

Yes except that you're not supposed to be dependent on server donations.
Oh okay.
All the devs don't get payed anymore, all the builders don't get payed anymore, and guess what happens.

They quit!
These jobs take hours and hours to get a server up to where CC is.
Of course a server needs to run on donations, do you even know how it works?!

You must be a moron to think that running this big of a server with this quality should be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom