Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
I don't wanna sound like a jerk but i think adding the damage indicator is unfair tbh seeing your opponents health is kind of cheating. And not a lot of people use it except if your using labymod.

its an unfair advantage and people who are not using it like me will not know how much my enemies health is

(this is just my opinion no hate still love the mod but i dont use it)

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
It's an advantage, but since everyone can install it fairly easily I don't that much of a problem. If you can run vanilla Minecraft you can run forge + damage indicator.So I'd say it ok.

Reactions: Rawrbin and Fqnta

ItzJqlmer

Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2018
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I don't wanna sound like a jerk but i think adding the damage indicator is unfair tbh seeing your opponents health is kind of cheating. And not a lot of people use it except if your using labymod.

its an unfair advantage and people who are not using it like me will not know how much my enemies health is

What is your suggestion actually?

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I totally agree with you! I have used Labymod with health indicator in the past and it made it so much easier for me to plan out my fights, and especially to clean. From a safe distance, I could watch two people fight and when they were both down to a few hearts, I knew it was my time to shine (aka: time to get both kills). If I didn't use health indicators, I would have to wait until one of them died, but then I still wouldn't know how low the other person was and I had to take a risk - if I have health indicators, this risk is not there.

This also definitely applies to the 'get the most kills' boss game in MinerWare. I quite literally always win if I use health indicators, just because I clean everyone. Without health indicators, this becomes a lot more difficult.

It is not cheating, in the rules it says it is allowed, and also just download it yourself if you want to see health.
The moderation team may not consider it to be cheating, but this person does. And so do I. Just because I can't beat them, doesn't mean I should join them

It's an advantage, but since everyone can install it fairly easily I don't that much of a problem. If you can run vanilla Minecraft you can run forge + damage indicator.So I'd say it ok.
They can just download it. It's free! I don't see the point here xD
The point is that just because I can't beat them, doesn't mean I should join them

But labymod users have the disadvantage that they can’t report players on the site.
That has nothing to do with the huge advantage they have in PvP combat

StonePlus

Jan 3, 2017
Belgium
I actually agree, having health displayed above a players head is actually unfair, but it would be hard to change the rules because once it’s allowed players will probably not want to uninstall it or some players just aren’t aware of rule changes etc...

Reactions: Patrick Lynch-Brown

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars

I play on Bedrock (with no mods) but I really do understand where you’re coming from. People can see others health when they cannot, basically resulting in an unfair fight.

Reactions: Mirriya

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
To add: Labymod is bannable on many servers so I don’t know why it is allowed here. And I agree with most people here it’s just an unfair and annoying advantage. I would love to see this be disallowed.

Reactions: Mirriya

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
Oh boy it got Escalated. Prepare for a controversy guys...

I'm neutral about this kind of thing. Seeing opponents health is advantageous in some situations but not all pvp situations. Mostly cleaning opponents and stealing kills pretty much. I take mental notes on how much I've attacked a player, if they taken a bite out of a gapple, and focus the ones i know for a fact is low. Doing this I can usually make educated guesses on how low each player is and who to target. I try to stray from the meta of other "pro" pvpers and instead follow my own style of gameplay which is pretty much the reason why i still bridge like a sloth and being just fine with it xD. My thoughts on seeing opponents' health? I don't believe needs to be prohibited but i wouldn't mind if it is since i don't plan to use Labymod anyways. You can basically accomplish the same thing with just a little memory of how the fight is going down. Shouldn't be something you need a Mod for. It's like using a calculator to solve simple math problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom