Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

henryk

Novice Member
May 8, 2020
someone’s basement
I personally don't think it's unfair. Some servers have built-in damage indicators for everyone, and on Cubecraft it's entirely up to you whether you want to use one or not. "Having a damage indicator gives you an advantage!!" Yes, but you can just install Labymod/Badlion/Forge + Damage Indicator/etc, it's incredibly easy and it isn't as if you have to pay for it. I use a DI, but I can't read it if I'm far away from player so I have ti get involved in the fight either way.

I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything here, but I really don't see why it should be disallowed.

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
I personally don't think it's unfair. Some servers have built-in damage indicators for everyone, and on Cubecraft it's entirely up to you whether you want to use one or not. "Having a damage indicator gives you an advantage!!" Yes, but you can just install Labymod/Badlion/Forge + Damage Indicator/etc, it's incredibly easy and it isn't as if you have to pay for it. I use a DI, but I can't read it if I'm far away from player so I have ti get involved in the fight either way.

I'm not trying to start an arguement or anything here, but I really don't see why it should be disallowed.
well if u use labymod u can see the DI far away XD

Dudu

Apr 16, 2019
It's your own choice if you use labymod. It's optional. If you think it's unfair you can also install the mod.
That isn't really a valid argument, that way you could argue that if you think cheating is unfair you should use them aswell. The point isn't that only a few people can use it, it's that the poster considered it an unfair advantage, which should make it not allowed.
1 thing I worry about is how Cubecraft will manage this. I don't know how to prove that my opponent has Damage Indicator. I think Sentinel must be the one who must see this in the future.
We'll manage it as best as we can, other mods like minimaps that show players are also not detectable from 3rd person but are still punishable.

Now talking about the suggestion, I agree, as it makes planning out fights and cleans waay easier, and makes getting kills in games like FFA quite easy, so I think it should count as an unfair advantage and be punishable for the same reason.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I genuinenly don't think that the advantage a Damage Indicator can give you is really that meaningful for it to be disallowed. There is more consequences and difficulties to this than benefits. Yes, you might somewhat decrease the amount of people who use it, just because some might actually want to follow the rules. But this is such a widespread mod that so many people will find no reason to stop using them, especially because there is no way to tell wether someone is using it or not. Whatever evidence you might get of it, there will always be the doubt of wether the person is using it or not. Nothing can prove it.
It would just be yet another rule that won't be enforced, basically for decoration. Perhaps discouraging the use of it is fine, but don't prohibit it since there's no methods to tell who is using a Damage Indicator. And it's not like it's as noticeable of an advantage as having reach or anti kb. Not to mention that people would start accusating each other because of using it, with no way to prove it. Big no from me.

Herrero

Mar 4, 2017
Making it banneable would destroy the whole eggwars meta, which is the biggest game on the java version. This would cause controversy and could make the eggwars community lose interest.
Also, it doesn't give you a huge advantage like any kind of hack gives. The only places where it can be useful at are team games to plan fights against many people or on ffa and the mw boss game, as it helps you to clean, but if someone is seeking for people to clean they will do it anyways, guessing the hp looking at what they have done recently.
I feel like the server would lose more than win disallowing this, because it would annoy much more people than the ones that are annoyed now.

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
I genuinenly don't think that the advantage a Damage Indicator can give you is really that meaningful for it to be disallowed. There is more consequences and difficulties to this than benefits. Yes, you might somewhat decrease the amount of people who use it, just because some might actually want to follow the rules. But this is such a widespread mod that so many people will find no reason to stop using them, especially because there is no way to tell wether someone is using it or not. Whatever evidence you might get of it, there will always be the doubt of wether the person is using it or not. Nothing can prove it.
It would just be yet another rule that won't be enforced, basically for decoration. Perhaps discouraging the use of it is fine, but don't prohibit it since there's no methods to tell who is using a Damage Indicator. And it's not like it's as noticeable of an advantage as having reach or anti kb. Not to mention that people would start accusating each other because of using it, with no way to prove it. Big no from me.
Well why not add it for everybody you dont really need a mod to do it

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I don't agree, I use Damage Indicators but when I don't play with that mod I also can think about how many damage I do. And I don't really see why it's unfair because of that opinion. I also agree with the other people who said no, I don't really have to say more than this.

Reactions: Fqnta and Rawrbin

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
Agreed! Its unfair for players without Labymod. Can you add a vote option so we can compare on this matter ;)

But i also agree to this it is impossible to check.

Reactions: Entrustious6679

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
Damage Indicator is A disadvantage in many ways

Agreed! Its unfair for players without Labymod. Can you add a vote option so we can compare on this matter ;)

But i also agree to this it is impossible to check.
I dont want people to argue lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
Damage Indicator is A disadvantage in many ways
I do agree it puts people at a disadvantage that use another mod/ can’t download it/ do report’s regularly. However, enforcing a rule that disallows it would cause hassle and accusations that are false and unnecessary. Therefore, it is probably best it is not added. I do agree it should be discouraged, however, it probably won’t do much anyway...

Reactions: Mirriya

Mirriya

May 1, 2020
I do agree it puts people at a disadvantage that use another mod/ can’t download it/ do report’s regularly. However, enforcing a rule that disallows it would cause hassle and accusations that are false and unnecessary. Therefore, it is probably best it is not added. I do agree it should be discouraged, however, it probably won’t do much anyway...
Yes that will be a great idea and i know its very widespread and this is technically cheating basically like xraying you know.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
So i've always disliked the health indicator mod because it is an unfair advantage, but since I started using it myself I kinda came to the conclusion that banning it server-wide isn't possible. I think the best option to fix the unfair advantage is showing HP to every member, even the ones without the health indicator mod. This way it saves the moderation team a lot of time and effort for something so small and it's fair for everyone.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
So i've always disliked the health indicator mod because it is an unfair advantage, but since I started using it myself I kinda came to the conclusion that banning it server-wide isn't possible. I think the best option to fix the unfair advantage is showing HP to every member, even the ones without the health indicator mod. This way it saves the moderation team a lot of time and effort for something so small and it's fair for everyone.
also a good possibility, like they have on Hypixel.

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
No, it shouldn't be added to everyone. It's your own choice to play with or without it, you can't force people to play with it.
It is unfair but as I said it's your own choice if you want to play the game fairly or not.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
No, it shouldn't be added to everyone. It's your own choice to play with or without it, you can't force people to play with it.
It is unfair but as I said it's your own choice if you want to play the game fairly or not.
Also fine, make it toggle-able. People will join with the health indicator toggled on, but they can toggle it off when they don't want to use it (not that I see a reason why you wouldn't want to use it for free, without extra downloadspace:p)

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars

Also fine, make it toggle-able. People will join with the health indicator toggled on, but they can toggle it off when they don't want to use it (not that I see a reason why you wouldn't want to use it for free, without extra downloadspace:p)

I think that would be a great solution to this. You could choose to see other people’s health and everyone has the ability. It would be very hard to get evidence of people using it and report.

Diav

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 16, 2020
Venice
Right now I don't want to use it because it seems a coward move to me downloading a mod that lets you see enemies' health while other people can't. (Not talking about myself, as I said it's my own choice)

Anyways I hope this doesn't get added, it would change the gameplay too much allowing anyone to clean up easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
Top Bottom