Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Kozi

Dedicated Member
Jul 23, 2017
Gallia Belgica
Hello CubeCraft Community!

We are so excited to be back with a brand new Forum Game! @Eli and I organized a Forum Game 4 months ago, called CubeCraft Conquest. If you want to know more about it, click here.

We put a lot of time and creativity in it and we loved organizing it. CubeCraft Conquest was a resounding success and it was played by a lot of Community Members! In the middle of CCC, we met @CatsLoveRainbows , and we immediately noticed that he would be an excellent Game Master. That’s why he joined us to present you this new Forum Game, called ‘Cubepocalypse’.

It's been three months since the zombie apocalypse started. You are one of the last survivors, food supplies have run out and you now depend on hunting and fishing. In the city of Tavile, the environment is hostile and no one is safe. The city is run by gangs and terrorized by zombies. This is your story of survival, will you give up and let the zombies kill you? Will you join the criminal gangs that make profit from the weak? Will you fight for your life at whatever risk it takes?

--- How does it work?

Each player is thrust into a world by themselves where zombies have taken over the city of Tavile. You are one of the few survivors left in this zombie apocalypse. In this world, you can create your own character, your own story. Equip your character with it’s own traits and skills while having unique strengths and weaknesses. You are able to create a personality, your character’s backstory and lots more! You can survive on your own, make friends, or steal or even kill other players! The choice is yours!​

--- How to play: Directives & other Gameplay Mechanics + Examples

This forum game will mainly take place on Discord. There, players can chat with other players as the game progresses. We’ve chosen to organise it on Discord because it is a lot easier to keep up with everything and to communicate with you, the players.

You will also be able to submit actions or “directives” that tell us what you character will do. Every week in real life equals one full day in-game. Players can submit up to 8 directives per in-game day. Once a player submits a directive, the Game Masters will then respond to the directive ASAP explaining the outcome of the directive. Depending on the situation, players can then respond to the outcome and state their next move or decision. This response does not count as a directive.

The outcomes of these decisions will be based on a 20-sided dice role. You will have to role a high number (Example: 14 or more) to receive a good outcome. If your character has different traits and effects that help with the action, that number may be lowered (Example: 9 or more).

When you perform favourable actions, have a special ability or possess a special object that may help you execute a specific action, you’ll receive a “Point Modifier”. These points modifiers are added to the total output of the 20-sided dice to determine your fate. They last a set amount of time determined by the Game Masters and may lose effect if another action/event counters its effect.​

An example of this would be: Kozimobo managed to hunt down a large-sized squirrel (I didn’t write this :( ) and ate very well. He receives a +2 modifier for every directive related to Strength and Stamina during a set amount of time.

In addition to the dice roll and the reply, you will also get a screenshot of your surroundings in a Minecraft world! We believe that the playing experience is a lot more fun when you can actually see and visualize your surroundings!

Your character will need to sleep in-game. You can submit directives from Wednesday to Sunday (which will be “daytime” in-game), then you “sleep” from Monday to Tuesday (you can submit actions at night, but be careful! You may have to catch up on sleep next week!)

Your character will also need to eat. Your character’s hunger will be shown as a Minecraft hunger bar. You will lose a certain amount of hunger every week depending on the level of your character’s “Constitution” skill. To replenish your hunger, you can get food by finding some food in buildings or you can trade with other players for food.

Note: Your character does not have to worry about water and thirst.

One of the main reasons why you may want to create your own character is to choose your own skills. You will have to spend 15 points on 5 different skills. The number of points you have in a skill will have an effect on the outcome of a directive. These 5 different skills are Constitution, Combat, Dexterity, Awareness and Social Skills.

Below are some examples to make clear what skill can be helpful for what.
Crisis: You are sleeping, and suddenly you hear a smack on the door. A few seconds pass. Another smack. You look out of the window and you see 2 zombies pushing the door.

Player: I try to hold stand and hold the door.

(You roll a 12. We think this is worth a very average outcome for this situation. But since you have a +2 Constitution skill, you get a 14. We feel like 14 is already a lot better and we decide to change our reply.)

Reply: You are able to hold the door for 12 minutes.​

Crisis: After 11 minutes, your arms are shaking with effort. You know you can’t hold long anymore.

Player: I see a window next to the door and I decide to try to smash it and escape.

(You roll a 4. Before rolling, we determined that the glass was pretty strong, so we wanted at least a 5 to be able to break the glass. Luckily, you have a +1 bonus on Combat, so it becomes a 5!)

Reply: You are able to break the glass and you climb out of the window. Unfortunately (because it was only a 5), you have a wound in your thumb and it needs care.​

Crisis: You jump through the window. The zombies see you, and they chase you. You run and run, until you are at the end of a dead-end street.

Player: I try to climb the wall.

(You roll a 19, almost the best roll you can have. We wanted at least a 13, because the walls are very slippery. But because you have a +1 modifier, you get a 20. We call this a monster score. This means the outcome will be extremely good.)

Reply: God couldn’t believe their eyes when they saw you climbing on the wall. You looked like a giant spider.​
Crisis: You got on the roof. (We see that you actually are very close to another player (in-game), and we roll for Awareness.

Player: I try to look at them and identify them.

Reply: He’s pretty close, so a 7 is enough. You roll a 5. You weren’t able to identify them.​

Crisis: The person turns around, and aims a shotgun at you.

Player: I try to convince him I have no harmful intentions.

Reply: We were expecting a 15, this person is really aggressive. You rolled a 17, they put the gun down and greet you.​

Below are some examples of skill radar charts:​

CjvICqN1tIpIZ9Mu_mV-dPm4si4dXz06kGlGbPgS2P4TeVaPWk1uztobGwV6X8riSxXNJfDEaWPTUvHrDsaZaHhm9ADJ4n2L1HZ6gsV0vmHQSHW_dDzXeTEGdj59mGASaXjuIYKw

PxV-hra0_7NASZtLAlwVOVsGUv5pf5yVwh7HViLyfqFXCZvCDC8NSDWUrj6vmd_ozemIi8ior5FM-8rXEcoivMlJPOKGpNAa8DLhpoCqLGv5cM4byz3MYUnK64hrgroukHaNJ0av

As said above, you will be thrust into the world completely by yourself.You can try to survive on your own, but we suggest you to form a group as fast as possible since surviving in a group in times like these is a lot safer…

Here is a link to our Discord server if you’re interested in playing or just want to spectate the game! If you are a spectator, you will be able to view the general channels. https://discord.gg/StQJphF

About the Discord Server:
  • Every player has an individual channel to send directives in and receive their respective replies.​
  • There’s a questions channel for players to ask anything related to the game to the Game Masters.​
  • You will not receive a “Player” role until you have submitted your character information.​

Now, there’s only one thing you have to do before entering the game!

Character sheet: Here we are, the start of the game! Do you already have a nice idea for a stunning character? Awesome! Please fill this form out, and you’ll be officially in the game!

This is the form! - Questionnaire

See you in the game!​

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Really excited to be back with something new! Hope to see lots of people join. While CubeCraft Conquest was mostly succesful we did make some mistakes. We've learned from them and now bring to you and even better and improved game!

Edit: WOOPS discord link wasn't working. Should be fixed now!

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Top Bottom