Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Pandaa

Forum Expert
Throughout the years Cubecraft has changed. Some OG members may know Cubecraft as a fun server to play Skyblock on or a fun server to play Skywars on. The first lobby that CCG had was an obsidian box. There were portals made out of water and most of the staff were friendly. Cubecraft had great games, even though the quality was not good. They maintained the server well. As Cubecraft started to expand, they needed a new lobby. Who likes a big ol’ obsidian box. They got a new lobby. There were the average games like Freebuild. Skyblock, Factions, Skywars, and Survival Games. Build wars a thing too! Now hang tight, because this is when it gets interesting. The player base kept getting bigger and bigger. Cubecraft had to support such a large player base, and of course with a large player base there will always be toxic members. With the large player base, Cubecraft kept releasing more and more games. They kept updating the servers. The player base was so big that Freebuild could not handle the amount of players that joined the server. It started glitching out, people were complaining. So then, CCG removed Freebuild. Telling the players it would be out by summer. It was not. It was out by the end of next year’s summer. Players started complaining and this is when Cubecraft started going downhill. More and more players started to become helper wannabes and some players got really annoyed over it. This is when Cubecraft started to downhill, majorly. I know it is still good compared to other servers. Cubecraft used to have 20k-30k players online. It now only 2-8k players online. Let us not even get to how parkour was removed.

Through those 5 years, much has changed. Cubecraft has grown majorly in size. It has gone from 10-15 staff members to 60-80 staff members in just two years. I think that Cubecraft could not handle such a big player change and therefore started to go downhill. Somethings that Cubecraft did are good, though. For instance, they added a party system (took them a while lel), and they have started to listen to some player suggestions. I see staff like @Tacosbefriends way more active and replying to nearly every thread, which is excellent! Cubecraft is slowly making the server better and how it used to be. They have added an anticheat, party system, and lots of new maps throughout the last months. So instead of being mad at them, support them for trying to make the community happy.

Many people say: “Give the staff a break.” Yes, give them a break. They have worked their butts off with coming up with new ideas such as new games and other fun achievements. Heck, Cubecraft now has 8-9 builders which is great. Cubecraft has been hiring more and more staff members to give the staff to player ratio a bit more equality. Instead of saying that the staff should constantly be working (which they already are). Be positive and support them. Staff are allowed to have breaks. If they could not have breaks that would be considered slavery. Doing hard work for little to no money.

Cubecraft has been rebuilding its community, and with a large playerbase always comes toxic players. Cubecraft needs to learn to adapt to that. Staff members should not be leaving because of the toxicity. That is a coward move. Staff should learn to deal with all the negativity and run away like a coward. (Not trying to show any hate to resigned staff members). One of the requirements of being a staff member is to ignore and deal with all the hate. Not to take it seriously. If you cannot deal with the toxicity then there is no point of you being a staff member.

Cubecraft has been slowly learning from their mistakes. Arcade was in maintenance for what? Two days. Then a new version came. They learned from their freebuild mistake. They want to make the community satisfied. Can you not see that they are trying their best. I know some staff members may have not tried their best, but I can assure that most are. The staff members have even released some community-based polls where YOU can share your opinion. And you blame them for not listening to the community.

However, some of your rants are correct. Cubecraft HAS been going downhill lately, and it is due to all the toxic players that want staff. However, to all you staff wannabes out there. The staff recruitment group will know that you are a wannabe and that will probably severely decrease your chance of becoming a helper.

Some people are saying that arcade is just a rip-off of the old arcade. Well guess what? It is not. The higher-ups said that they were looking into releasing new games for arcade. They just did not want arcade to be in maintenance that long. Would you rather have: NO arcade, or some small games in arcade and wait for the other games to come. The staff are learning from their mistakes and they are doing better.

Recently, one of the main problems of Cubecraft was time and how they needed to share their opinions with other players. Well guess what? They did. The cubecraft team has been way more open to the community then last year. They have spent two days working on arcade, while last year they spent 1 year. So yes. Indeed, you need to give the staff members a break as most of them are trying their best to make the server better.

Remember, if you find a staff member being bias or annoying, or breaking any rule in any kind then you can always report them! Do not just sit there and watch the staff member be rude or annoying. Report him/her. I am sure that if you reported the staff member. The higher-ups would definitely listen and keep an eye on that staff member. I have heard from many players that staff members are being rude and disobedient. Who? I have never seen proof nor have I ever heard a name. The only names I have heard were Chunk Staff members, and they are all mostly gone (except for one or two players). They have been listening to your complaints. They have been learning from their mistakes. I know most of the Chunk Staff Members resigned, so I show no hate towards you as I support your decision. Most chunk staff members were good in fact. When the chunk merged with cubecraft, lots more forums games came out and lots more guides came out.

So this proves my point. Some staff members do deserve a break.
Also, for nostalgia. Let me show you this picture of the old lobby. Props to @komododragon 2002 for sharing it with me.
2014-05-06_18.35.17[1].png

Thanks to @hgbf for his support.

Please comment down below any opinions you have on this thread as I am happy to reply to them!

Dai_Matsumoto

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Japan
I think the picture is from 2013 or 2014? I don't recall seeing that in 2012, maybe its memory, but I remember that the ccg had a different IP address and changed servers.

Anywas, really great to hear you opinion on this, but I sort of disagree with the idea of staff wannabes being a problem. Sure, we do have a lot of them, but what really caused all the problems aren't the new staff members, but the closeness of the staff team. As a person who's been on here from the beginning of the server, I can say that the staff team was more closely nit together in the past.

Sorry, its 3am, my brain isn't working, if i sound toxic i don't mean to,
thank you for writing this thread :P

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I remember that awesome lobby :(
Nothing can be compared to that lobby!

I can really find myself in this opinion. However, toxicity is also part of a server (I have been toxic about the arcade update, too) And yes, staff members should be able to deal with hate. However, you can't say this about every situation. I don't know how far it goes, but there could've been some extreme arguments and I don't think they can deal with everything!

Reactions: DrHam

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
www.cubecraft.net
I think the picture is from 2013 or 2014? I don't recall seeing that in 2012, maybe its memory, but I remember that the ccg had a different IP address and changed servers.

Anywas, really great to hear you opinion on this, but I sort of disagree with the idea of staff wannabes being a problem. Sure, we do have a lot of them, but what really caused all the problems aren't the new staff members, but the closeness of the staff team. As a person who's been on here from the beginning of the server, I can say that the staff team was more closely nit together in the past.

thank you for writing this thread :p
05-06-2014 :P

Pandaa

Forum Expert

I agree after seeing some evidence that some of the staff members are very toxic.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
www.cubecraft.net

Today, it's exactly three years old!

Reactions: Max ♠

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
Thanks for sharing this @Pandaa__ it gives a good little insight into CC and how it has grown since its inception.

I only came to this server in early 2016 (I think) and it was my first time I played multiplayer MC. I have tried other servers but never stuck around long because it was just never the same. There was way too much going on in the lobs (and it seems laggier) and the games, for the most part, didn't interest me. CC, on the other hand, is perfect for my needs. I feel like a foreigner when I go to other servers.

I can't believe that's what the old lob used to look like :eek:... how times have changed!

And it's good that you mentioned that staff "are trying their best to make the server better". Of course they are -- why would they deliberately want the server to fail?

Many people will spit the dummy when things don't go their way, but you can't satisfy 100% of the members. I'm sure it's not easy to run a successful server. It's easy to sit in the backseat and say this or that should happen... but I agree that (at least from my perspective) the staff are doing their best in the interest of both the members and the server.

I could only imagine what it would have been like to be here from the early days and actually experience the changes first-hand.

Reactions: Pandaa

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
The old lobby, the good old days with your statistics when you right clicked on chests. Those where some times.

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
A while ago, I made a thread with the evolution of the skywars lobby. I think it might be interesting and it is somehow related o this thread. Here is it, but remember not to necropost:
www.cubecraft.net/threads/the-evolution-of-the-skywars-lobby.176136/

This thread is pure gold. I miss the old CubeCraft, but somehow, I like the fact that it changed a lot. It got this modern, yet unique style. When you see a gameplay you can immediately tell: Hey, this is Cubecraft!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pandaa

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
<3. I'm now staffmember for 1.5 months and there is just this hate towards staffmembers. We're human, we make mistakes, we try to fix them and sadly can't satisfy everyone :(. For me, it's important that there is not a big "gap" between staffmembers and members. I've got the feeling that it has been staffmembers vs members lately. i'm trying to help members the best I can, but i'm pretty much powerless when it comes to some subjects. The freebuild issue did a lot of damage to this server. Want to make this community better? Start by looking at yourself. That is exactly what I've done the past few weeks. I've been playing games with members to interact more with the community and ask their opinions about new updates.

If you have a thread with feedback about this server, please tag me in it and I'll try to respond as fast as possible to it.

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
<3. I'm now staffmember for 1.5 months and there is just this hate towards staffmembers. We're human, we make mistakes, we try to fix them and sadly can't satisfy everyone :(. For me, it's important that there is not a big "gap" between staffmembers and members. I've got the feeling that it has been staffmembers vs members lately. i'm trying to help members the best I can, but i'm pretty much powerless when it comes to some subjects. The freebuild issue did a lot of damage to this server. Want to make this community better? Start by looking at yourself. That is exactly what I've done the past few weeks. I've been playing games with members to interact more with the community and ask their opinions about new updates.

If you have a thread with feedback about this server, please tag me in it and I'll try to respond as fast as possible to it.

Well said.

Reactions: Marieke2001

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015

I agree with you on this one. Very well said.

Pandaa

Forum Expert

Wow. Cubecraft is not a big competition, it is about having fun. Great to see all your positive feedback everyone! I've seen some great points. You cannot satisfy everyone, but you try to satisfy the majority.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on matcha's profile.
Happy to see you around! :)
I got my first 20k kills in FFA!:D
20 000 kills in ffa picture 2.png
Reesle wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈🧁
Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Top Bottom