Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Want to see players punished sooner for saying something mean?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • No (Explain why please)

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
So, hey!

Sometimes I report someone and it got closed. That may happen but what I don't get is, why don't people got punished if someone swore to you or a other player. He said to my friend 'your mom is fat' (NOT MINE) which means he swore in my opinion. He wouldn't learn of his lessons and will keep going with that. I mean I was not always the nicest towards people and I regret that seriously. Honestly, I was never punished and I really don't get it while I deserved it. But isn't that enough because he swears with something not nice? Please let me know.

Maybe a little short and bad thread but ok.

Stay safe these days and BYE! :)

Edit: Give me a good reason why this isn't a good idea according to you.

Last edited:

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I’m not sure,
I think the line between swearing and not swearing should be more clear. Punishing players earlier will sometimes mute a player who only said something like that once. Or may lead to misinterpretations when we don’t have a good idea what what is and what isn’t swearing.
Let’s take your example, your mom’s fat. I’m not sure but I do remember jokes about fat mothers being thing. Do this might just be a (stupid) joke. Punishing faster isn’t what had to happen all the time. The most important thing would be to make sure the rule book makes it very clear when something is considered a swear word.
Maybe adding a list of all words that are not considered swear words by a dictionary but are seen by CCG as swear words. Is a great solution?

Reactions: LlTE and Meiske

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I’m not sure,
I think the line between swearing and not swearing should be more clear. Punishing players earlier will sometimes mute a player who only said something like that once. Or may lead to misinterpretations when we don’t have a good idea what what is and what isn’t swearing.
Let’s take your example, your mom’s fat. I’m not sure but I do remember jokes about fat mothers being thing. Do this might just be a (stupid) joke. Punishing faster isn’t what had to happen all the time. The most important thing would be to make sure the rule book makes it very clear when something is considered a swear word.
Maybe adding a list of all words that are not considered swear words by a dictionary but are seen by CCG as swear words. Is a great solution?
Yes, I like your idea and no, it wasn't my mom. xD

Reactions: LlTE

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I understand and agree that someone leaving a negative comment about 'your mother' for example is mean and should be punishable, because it is toxic, toxic behavior in it self should be punishable in my opinion, but the rule revolves around someone swearing, since there is a younger audience on CubeCraft.

Though, I do think that something like that should be considered bullying, especially if it is done to an extent and should be punishable since it can have a negative affect on whoever's being targeted like that on the server.

Reactions: LlTE and Zathelas

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Jij moet je niet zo aanstellen en om alles rapporteren. De regels zijn al zo streng en hoeven drm echt nog niet strenger te worden. Slechte suggestie

Reactions: LlTE

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
There is a clear difference between being negative/toxic and actually swearing imo. I don't really agree with making this all punishable. There will always be players who are being negative or toxic, or people who are having a bad day, and they share their frustrations online sometimes, because being in an online world is an escape from the real world for some people. It would be even more frustrating for them if they are getting muted for every little negative thing they say. People will probably start complaining and stop playing if they are being punished for every negative thing. And because this is an online world, you can also just ignore people who are being negative towards you, because in the end they don't know you at all, they have no idea who's behind that screen, they often don't even realize that there are real people with feelings behind it. All they know is that something made out of pixels killed them in a game.

In short - Swearing should be punishable, which is already the case, but just being mean or toxic without swearing should not be punishable.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
There is a clear difference between being negative/toxic and actually swearing imo. I don't really agree with making this all punishable. There will always be players who are being negative or toxic, or people who are having a bad day, and they share their frustrations online sometimes, because being in an online world is an escape from the real world for some people. It would be even more frustrating for them if they are getting muted for every little negative thing they say. People will probably start complaining and stop playing if they are being punished for every negative thing. And because this is an online world, you can also just ignore people who are being negative towards you, because in the end they don't know you at all, they have no idea who's behind that screen, they often don't even realize that there are real people with feelings behind it. All they know is that something made out of pixels killed them in a game.

In short - Swearing should be punishable, which is already the case, but just being mean or toxic without swearing should not be punishable.

You're right, I agree with the fact that people can be having a bad day or just feel like sharing their feelings online, however, if it is done to an extent, like frequently, actually targeting the person, I personally think that it should at least have a warning, and if ignored, be punishable, because that is bullying.

Reactions: LlTE and Zathelas

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
You're right, I agree with the fact that people can be having a bad day or just feel like sharing their feelings online, but if it is done to an extent, like frequently, actually targeting the person, I personally think that it should be punishable, because that is bullying.
I think you can hardly see the change. But once you say the 'f' word you are immediately muted... Also even if it is not used against you I believe.

Zerynn

May 5, 2019
The Netherlands
For me, this is a 50/50 because sometimes you say something "mean" which is meant as a joke, which you sometimes do xD. But I'd like to see that mutated if you've never spoken to that person before and really say something really mean that hurts you.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
you dont know how long ive been waiting to see this <3
IMG_8461.jpeg
Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Top Bottom