Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
Ok so I know this is a Dutch server and I don't know what is a swear in Dutch (Sorry if I say anything incorrect about Dutch people or the way you say stuff I am a American who knows nothing about Dutch culture... sorry) but I've noticed some words that you're aloud to say in chat that are not the most friendly I was hoping CubeCraft Could put a few more restrictions on some words (I will take screenshots of me saying stuff in a private game with a friend
who is old enough to hear it and I will only say it in the team chat) that are not to kid friendly I feel this could help prevent some people from getting muted.
If any staff would like me to tell them what some American swears I would gladly tell them.
Don't worry when I was taking the screen shots I was in a two player egg wars map and I know the person that was on my team and they were 100% Ok with bad language.
Also I have to ask why can I not say Watch??!?!
2017-01-24_08.23.39.png

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Good catch!

However

"You suck" probably wont be muted out because its so weak its not cursing either

"Ass" is not muted because then you cant say something like "assassins" which is one of our gamemodes

"Fricking" and others like "shrimp or Fudge" are punishable when used in place of swear words because all your doing is changing a few letters but the meaning is still there

The others however should be muted out

U

Unipotato

I agree that the language should have more of a block in terms of what you can and can't say, but the easiest thing to do is report. Also, I know this is completely unrelated but what mod do you use that shows the sounds such as item plops, etc?

Reactions: KitKatkels17

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I agree that the language should have more of a block in terms of what you can and can't say, but the easiest thing to do is report. Also, I know this is completely unrelated but what mod do you use that shows the sounds such as item plops, etc?
Thats not a mod thats a default feature of 1.9 that allows you to locate where sounds are coming from and it can be turned off

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v

It's actually not a mod it's a setting in minecraft if you go to chat settings (I think) turn on subtitles

DocMenios

Jul 21, 2016
In a country
that ( anti-swear plugin upgrade ) makes no sense , because to say the truth , you can "fuq" instead of "fu** " and etc!!!

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
He's suggesting to 'ban' some other words and sentences, and I think he's right. Words like 'Damn' should be muted because it's a curse word and I know 'ass' is also a curse word but as @Spyro The Dragon already said, otherwise we can't say 'Assasins'.

I am suggesting that when you try to say some of these words that you'll get the you can't say that message

Yeah okay, but if you want to say a ''bad'' word, the chat already says ''You can't say that!''. But, sure.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Not for every word I don't know if you clicked the spoiler (You don't have to) but there was pretty bad words that you can say with out given the You can't say that message

Uhu, that's true. But saying swear/cure swords like that is typing the word differently but it still looks like that word.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Damn, screw, suck, and hell aren't even swear words. Ass can't be blocked because of words like mass, grass, assassins, etc. And it's not even a swear word. "Tit" can't be blocked because of words like title and constituent. Same thing with "Boob"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom