Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 59979

I decided to create this thread as inspiration from CyanYellow although it was mostly to get this off my chest. I have a bad habbit of just feeling really guilty for anything I do :/ This thread will basically be my story on cubecraft and my perspective on the server overall.

(Starting with a bit of backstory)

I joined cubecraft a few years ago in around October 2015. I was a new minecrafter and didnt have much experience of the game. Hyped, I joined cubecraft. Soon after I purchased the iron rank and was very proud. A few weeks later my attention dwindled and I left for other servers...

Then, last year in around August 2017 I came back to the server. having lost everything on other servers. I came to cubecraft and instantly got involved with the community. I re-did my forums profile, and joined the server discord. At this point I had no idea what the server was like and immediately became a bit of a staff fanboy.

Over the first month I started to get more known on the server (mostly the discord) and gained a few friends. I was starting to build up friendships and gain a place in the community and was happy.

For a while, it seemed as if everything would be alright, that I would become a true member of the community. I was getting more and more invloved and well known and it felt good. I had friends, maybe not many, but it felt good.

It was at this point that it started going downhill. The further and deeper I got into the Cubecraft community the more I found out what it was truly like. I found the toxicity that was not seen from the outside. Most of the time in game was fine. There were lots of toxic kids but I saw them so often I got used to things like that. But it was really the people I knew, who I thought i knew, who upset me. I found out horrible things about the people I thought were my friends. It felt as it the whole world was against me.

At some point in here I decieded that enough is enough. I began severing ties with people and letting them know that I did not want to be friends with them. I left and joined groups, found and lost friends. Eventually though it started to stabilise and I'm beginning to understand now how I fit in. I often felt and still do feel left out, as if im not a true part of the community. Everyone is there sharing their jokes and laughing with each other, yet I dont know what they are talking about, I dont know what happened. Its like im just left out of the loop.

While this was all happening I was also struggling to find motivation on the server. I would struggle to find reasons to play. It was all so repetitive. Every day would just be getting up, going on my pc, looking for someone to play with and ending up playing alone and bored. I often just run around lobbies for almost hours doing nothing. I tried asking people to play with me but I have few people to ask and those people rarely find time to play with me. When they do play with me though it touches me and makes me feel happy again.

Overall im just struggling, feeling left out and unmotivated to play.

I didnt make this thread to gain attention, I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks to all those who have stood by my side and I thank you from the depths of my heart <3 The Cubecraft community has hope and im not ready to give up on it just yet. I dont think anyone should give up on it just yet. Thank you to all the cubecraft team and all my true friends. Every last one of you

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I decided to create this thread as inspiration from CyanYellow although it was mostly to get this off my chest. I have a bad habbit of just feeling really guilty for anything I do :/ This thread will basically be my story on cubecraft and my perspective on the server overall.

(Starting with a bit of backstory)

I joined cubecraft a few years ago in around October 2015. I was a new minecrafter and didnt have much experience of the game. Hyped, I joined cubecraft. Soon after I purchased the iron rank and was very proud. A few weeks later my attention dwindled and I left for other servers...

Then, last year in around August 2017 I came back to the server. having lost everything on other servers. I came to cubecraft and instantly got involved with the community. I re-did my forums profile, and joined the server discord. At this point I had no idea what the server was like and immediately became a bit of a staff fanboy.

Over the first month I started to get more known on the server (mostly the discord) and gained a few friends. I was starting to build up friendships and gain a place in the community and was happy.

For a while, it seemed as if everything would be alright, that I would become a true member of the community. I was getting more and more invloved and well known and it felt good. I had friends, maybe not many, but it felt good.

It was at this point that it started going downhill. The further and deeper I got into the Cubecraft community the more I found out what it was truly like. I found the toxicity that was not seen from the outside. Most of the time in game was fine. There were lots of toxic kids but I saw them so often I got used to things like that. But it was really the people I knew, who I thought i knew, who upset me. I found out horrible things about the people I thought were my friends. It felt as it the whole world was against me.

At some point in here I decieded that enough is enough. I began severing ties with people and letting them know that I did not want to be friends with them. I left and joined groups, found and lost friends. Eventually though it started to stabilise and I'm beginning to understand now how I fit in. I often felt and still do feel left out, as if im not a true part of the community. Everyone is there sharing their jokes and laughing with each other, yet I dont know what they are talking about, I dont know what happened. Its like im just left out of the loop.

While this was all happening I was also struggling to find motivation on the server. I would struggle to find reasons to play. It was all so repetitive. Every day would just be getting up, going on my pc, looking for someone to play with and ending up playing alone and bored. I often just run around lobbies for almost hours doing nothing. I tried asking people to play with me but I have few people to ask and those people rarely find time to play with me. When they do play with me though it touches me and makes me feel happy again.

Overall im just struggling, feeling left out and unmotivated to play.

I didnt make this thread to gain attention, I just wanted to get this off my chest. Thanks to all those who have stood by my side and I thank you from the depths of my heart <3 The Cubecraft community has hope and im not ready to give up on it just yet. I dont think anyone should give up on it just yet. Thank you to all the cubecraft team and all my true friends. Every last one of you
You just want attention,
You don't want my heart
Maybe you just hate the thought of me with someone new :>

You're an amazing person tho, I like playing with you <3

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I've gone from one friend group to other many times and I see how that can be hard on you with inside jokes you don't understand. But what seems to be best for me is to just take breaks from it all every now and again and to not to play when you don't feel like it, or you just lose interest completely. A lot of my original friends on the server have left too but I've tried to keep links with some of them for someone to talk to when I'm bored.

It is pretty important what community you are a part of, I've always loved the Blockwars one because it is reasonably small and close knit, where you can join a game and often find someone you know quite easily but in places like egg wars, you will very rarely see someone you know unless it's on mansion/Rome.

If you aren't motivated to play, maybe set goals for yourself in the game, so you have a purpose to play for. I just never feel like playing if there isn't a reason to do it.
I just thought of goals that were somewhat close to getting to, say 20k kills when I had 17k or 1000 captures when i have 650. Something that's not impossible to complete and it will give you some will to play. My goal now is 10000 flag captures and I'm working on it every day.

Basically everyone agrees that the community isn't the same anymore, people aren't being as nice to each other anymore, even their friends (I'm guilty of this too) but you shouldn't give up because there are still some amazing people out there, you are just yet to find them.

Reactions: DutchQuality

DutchQuality

Apr 2, 2018
I've gone from one friend group to other many times and I see how that can be hard on you with inside jokes you don't understand. But what seems to be best for me is to just take breaks from it all every now and again and to not to play when you don't feel like it, or you just lose interest completely. A lot of my original friends on the server have left too but I've tried to keep links with some of them for someone to talk to when I'm bored.

It is pretty important what community you are a part of, I've always loved the Blockwars one because it is reasonably small and close knit, where you can join a game and often find someone you know quite easily but in places like egg wars, you will very rarely see someone you know unless it's on mansion/Rome.

If you aren't motivated to play, maybe set goals for yourself in the game, so you have a purpose to play for. I just never feel like playing if there isn't a reason to do it.
I just thought of goals that were somewhat close to getting to, say 20k kills when I had 17k or 1000 captures when i have 650. Something that's not impossible to complete and it will give you some will to play. My goal now is 10000 flag captures and I'm working on it every day.

Basically everyone agrees that the community isn't the same anymore, people aren't being as nice to each other anymore, even their friends (I'm guilty of this too) but you shouldn't give up because there are still some amazing people out there, you are just yet to find them.
Rt

Fennec

Jul 10, 2016
the past
www.youtube.com
and then suddenly a Fennec complained "same about the struggling to find reasons to play part , yet my activity in the server dropped ofc"
then said the Fennec "Duhhhh , can't I play with you mate ?"
and later "MB TELL ME WHEN YOU ARE FREE TO BLEY" screamed the Fennec

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thunder wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday!
Lyriie wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Thjis wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy Bday Skate 🎉
Basketman wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday pinky! 🎉🥳
Top Bottom