Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Ive done this on the planet coaster forums so i decided to do it here to share some thoughts and ideas most likely not mentioned in my "angry thread" this is not promotional or criticism this is just how i view things

The forums

In my opinion the forums are a mess, with the most comon questions about subjects answered in threads that are near impossible to find, instead it should be organised by priorities such as news (as it is), player reporting/appeals, support (bugs reports questions tips ect) and "everything else" and "list of allowed mods" should be in bug reports/ support not other updates

Game division: is this really necessary? To dived all the games into the their own seperate forums? Wouldnt it be easier to merge everything into one and call it "game discussions" or something like that? The individual game threads hardly get posted on and most just post in suggestions or support anyway

The server

One thing ive noticed is devs dont seem to prioritize very well, tripling the amount of time everything takes to do, (sentinel is an example) instead of trying to do everything at once which unfixed bugs seem to project pick a project thats the most important and focus everything onto it It may help fix the extreme inefficiency of some issues

Minigames:

In my opinion theres way to many "aggressive" mini games (eggwars, sky wars, uhc, survival games, factions, blockwars, lucky islands) and not enough "passive" games ( sky block, arcade, parkour, blockband, tower defence, creative, minerware) i would love to see more games in the future that arent heavily pvp based or more past popular games like such as missile wars or spleef, something thats more strategy or skill or imagination oriented than pvp (i did once make posts about implementing Gmod Guess Who and skylanders battlecast)

The rules

One thing that bugs me is the whole swearing part, why?

Heres the problem, i dont see the point, you create a server that supposed to be kid friendly, thus alot of kids swarm to the server probably a good 10-25% of your top player record was children, yet the accounts swearing are children in alot of cases, so if swearing is part of earthling childhood, please define "kid friendly" its as hard as defining the word "normal"

Broadcast

The way the server promotes the rules in my opinion is a big failure
in my estimation most of the players on the server at any given time do not have a forum account or do not check the rules, this is obvious by the hundreds of threads from accounts that were just created that day to complain about a punishment, the forums is not the most ideal place to post server rules because thats not where most of the players are, a better place is in the server itself somewhere whether its a billboard or a pop up window via a link in chat, if you dont believe me go look it up theres numerous suggestion posts about how to improve getting the rules to the public to reduce teaming and such

The system

Ever since sentinel was added punishments are all out of wack because nothing is consistent, even bans themselves!
essentially you have 5 chances (4 if they are all just bans) assuming punishments dont stack between sentinel and staff this should really be fixed so staff bans and sentinel bans are the same amount and stack so if you have 1 AC ban, the next ban regardless if by the AC or a moderator is a perm ban , instead of 2 AC bans and 1 mod ban and your still allowed on the server, it just dosent add up (if they dont stack)

Punishment thread:

Everyone asks or has asked about punishments, so why is there no sticky thread describing each punishment and how many chances there are? The reason i say this is ive seen the entire spectrum from an instant perm ban regardless of the offense, to steadily increasing ban times for each offense, to no perm bans at all, and even no punishments in general (anarchy servers) a thread describing the consequences would inform players of what will happen specifically,
Simply saying youll be punished is often highly ineffective especially against players that are used to it even outside the game, intimidation can often be your best weapon against rule breakers, and hackers specifically, mentioning youll be punished has no effect at all as hackers most of the time they do not care and only want to ruin someones day for as long as possible once they get banned they simply move to the next server, its basically trying to decrease or even kill rule breakers at the source by intimidating them not to break the rules in the first place

Updates on future things

In my opinion not allowing for players to ask or not having official release dates is a bad idea once again sentinel and even several gamemodes being fixed are examples , why do i think this is an issue? It lowers hope, id rather be disappointed on a moved release date than kept in the dark not knowing when something will be done if itll ever release at all, at least with a moved release date we know were are just inches away (the party system is a good example)

As for asking about when will ____ return, this needs to be specified more in the faq and rules, ive seen staff strike down players (even myself) under this rule for even just simply asking WHY, which asking Why somethings is in maintenance is NOT against the rules in my opinion because the answer is "its being built from scratch" its not asking for a release date, its asking why its where it is and why its been so long

Camping/Compromised Account

In my opinion both of these need a wording rework

Camping itself is not clear enough ive seen misplaced reports and misinterpretations showing that the players think all forms of camping are punishable which they aren't

Compromised account screens also need a rework, again this supposed to be a "kids server" thus many kids probably have no idea what "compromised" means ive seen as many threads about sentinel and money walks combined where someone seems to be panicking (yes i can read expressions through text sometimes, but thats a whole other story on how that came to be) or complaining about a ban for hacking (sometimes complaining how its unfair) and they show up as a compromised account, maybe change it to something like "your account may have been hacked!" to be abit more clear

Tower Defence info

The most annoying thing in TD is when players put down a bunch of not stacking towers thinking they will do more damage if this was the case you could get away with just mages ice towers and artillery, why not add in to the tower description "does not stack"

Pixelmon

Something ive never understood is why theres no pixelmon server in cubecraft (if it requires a mod make your own cubecraft client side mod and texture pack) pokemon is one of the most popular games to date which was quite obvious with pokemon Go (that kid sang so off key....) while i myself have never played pokemon, being well rounded in the popular games its not unfamiliar you could probably draw in new players to however im not sure how popular pixelmon is im just basing if off the popularity of the original game itself

Seperate versions

This is aimed directly at parkour and creative, what i mean by this is these two would be seperated from the main server, allowing "the server to continue being 1.9 but you must have a 1.12 client to enter this game mode" thus you have endless ideas at your disposal as every minecraft version has many new blocks and mechanics this allows these gamemodes to stay updated to the current minecraft version without the need to update the server as whole unit

Last edited:

TacoManMx

Sep 6, 2016
Mexico
www.youtube.com
Tbh cubecraft is losing a lot of people, 1 year ago "30k" now "2K", many people left the server because of the hackers problems, I know it is partially solved, but it was too late for that. I´m still here, I want more people and a good community! #MakeCubecraftGreatAgain

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Tbh cubecraft is losing a lot of people, 1 year ago "30k" now "2K", many people left the server because of the hackers problems, I know it is partially solved, but it was too late for that. I´m still here, I want more people and a good community! #MakeCubecraftGreatAgain
Well we cant really make that call until labor day school is taking a large chunk of everyone we will see how the summer favors

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Ive done this on the planet coaster forums so i decided to do it here to share some thoughts and ideas most likely not mentioned in my "angry thread" this is not promotional or criticism this is just how i view things

The forums

In my opinion the forums are a mess, with the most comon questions about subjects answered in threads that are near impossible to find, instead it should be organised by priorities such as news (as it is), player reporting/appeals, support (bugs reports questions tips ect) and "everything else"

Game division: is this really necessary? To dived all the games into the their own seperate forums? Wouldnt it be easier to merge everything into one and call it "game discussions" or something like that? The individual game threads hardly get posted on and most just post in suggestions
In my opinion the forums isn't a mess, I really like the style of it.

The forums
Game division: is this really necessary? To dived all the games into the their own seperate forums? Wouldnt it be easier to merge everything into one and call it "game discussions" or something like that? The individual game threads hardly get posted on and most just post in suggestions or support anyway
Hmm, would be really efficient!

The server

One thing ive noticed is devs dont seem to prioritize very well, tripling the amount of time everything takes to do, (sentinel is an example) instead of trying to do everything at once which unfixed bugs seem to project pick a project thats the most important and focus on it everything onto it It may help fix the extreme inefficiency of some issues
Well, I think 2 devs have to focus at the bugs, and the others at Sentinel or some other issues.
Don't know if they're already doing this but this could be an efficient way to fix everything.

The rules

Heres the problem, i dont see the point, you create a server that supposed to be kid friendly, thus alot of kids swarm to the server probably a good 10-25% of your top player record was children, yet the accounts swearing are children in alot of cases, so if swearing is part of earthling childhood, please define "kid friendly" its as hard as defining the word "normal"
Well, we like to keep the chat fun and save, I don't fully understand your point here.

Broadcast

The way the server promotes the rules in my opinion is a big failure
in my estimation most of the players on the server at any given time do not have a forum account or do not check the rules, this is obvious by the hundreds of threads from accounts that were just created that day to complain about a punishment, the forums is not the most ideal place to post server rules because thats not where most of the players are, a better place is in the server itself somewhere whether its a billboard or a pop up window via a link in chat, if you dont believe me go look it up theres numerous suggestion posts about how to improve getting the rules to the public to reduce teaming and such

We're not going to force members to read the rules, of course it's good to know the rules of the server but it's pretty simple.
Just be respectful.
Don't swear.
Don't spam.
Etcetera.

The system

Ever since sentinel was added punishments are all out of wack because nothing is consistent, even bans themselves!
essentially you have 5 chances (4 if they are all just bans) assuming punishments dont stack between sentinel and staff this should really be fixed so staff bans and sentinel bans are the same amount and stack so if you have 1 AC ban, the next ban regardless if by the AC or a moderator is a perm ban , instead of 2 AC bans and 1 mod ban and your still allowed on the server, it just dosent add up (if they dont stack)

I think it's good to balance the punishments, if you get banned by Sentinel for using illegal clients, you'll receive a perm ban most of the time, when you get banned by a moderator, you'll receive a 30 days ban most of the time.
I agree.

Punishment thread:

Everyone asks or has asked about punishments, so why is there no sticky thread describing each punishment and how many chances there are? The reason i say this is ive seen the entire spectrum from an instant perm ban regardless of the offense, to steadily increasing ban times for each offense, to no perm bans at all, and even no punishments in general (anarchy servers) a thread describing the consequences would inform players of what will happen specifically,
Simply saying youll be punished is often highly ineffective especially against players that are used to it even outside the game, intimidation can often be your best weapon against rule breakers, and hackers specifically, mentioning youll be punished has no effect at all as hackers most of the time they do not care and only want to ruin someones day for as long as possible once they get banned they simply move to the next server, its basically trying to decrease or even kill rule breakers at the source by intimidating them not to break the rules in the first place

They could make a thread about this, but I don't think it's necessary because you just have to follow the rules.

Updates on future things

In my opinion not allowing for players to ask or not having official release dates is a bad idea once again sentinel and even several gamemodes being fixed are examples , why do i think this is an issue? It lowers hope, id rather be disappointed on a moved release date than kept in the dark not knowing when something will be done if itll ever release at all, at least with a moved release date we know were are just inches away (the party system is a good example)

As for asking about when will ____ return, this needs to be specified more in the faq and rules, ive seen staff strike down players (even myself) under this rule for even just simply asking WHY, which asking Why somethings is in maintenance is NOT against the rules in my opinion because the answer is "its being built from scratch" its not asking for a release date, its asking why its where it is and why its been so long

Well, they can't say when something gets release, you never know if there are going to be any issues.
Also, if they bring something new to the server, they want to have that without any bugs or issues.

Camping/Compromised Account

In my opinion both of these need a wording rework

Camping itself is not clear enough ive seen misplaced reports and misinterpretations showing that the players think all forms of camping are punishable which they aren't

Compromised account screens also need a rework, again this supposed to be a "kids server" thus many kids probably have no idea what "compromised" means ive seen as many threads about sentinel and money walks combined where someone seems to be panicking (yes i can read expressions through text sometimes, but thats a whole other story on how that came to be) or complaining about a ban for hacking (sometimes complaining how its unfair) and they show up as a compromised account, maybe change it to something like "your account may have been hacked!" to be abit more clear
Just help the player if he has problems with his ban, that's what I'd do but..
Anyways, they could be more clear about it but I don't think it's really necessary.

Tower Defence info

The most annoying thing in TD is when players put down a bunch of not stacking towers thinking they will do more damage if this was the case you could get away with just mages ice towers and artillery, why not add in to the tower description "does not stack"

Well, you could make a suggestion about this.

Pixelmon

Something ive never understood is why theres no pixelmon server in cubecraft (if it requires a mod make your own cubecraft client side mod and texture pack) pokemon is one of the most popular games to date which was quite obvious with pokemon Go (that kid sang so off key....) while i myself have never played pokemon, being well rounded in the popular games its not unfamiliar you could probably draw in new players to however im not sure how popular pixelmon is im just basing if off the popularity of the original game itself

Pixelmon could produce a lot of lag, also, I don't think Cubecraft is ever going to add Pixelmon but that are my thoughts, I don't think this game perfectly fits at Cubecraft.

Seperate versions

This is aimed directly at parkour and creative, what i mean by this is these two would be seperated from the main server, allowing "the server to continue being 1.9 but you must have a 1.12 client to enter this game mode" thus you have endless ideas at your disposal as every minecraft version has many new blocks and mechanics this allows these gamemodes to stay updated to the current minecraft version without the need to update the server as whole unit
I agree.

:)

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
We're not going to force members to read the rules
Of course not, but were at the other end, were not going to force them but were also not doing enough which is just as bad
Well, we like to keep the chat fun and save, I don't fully understand your point here.
fun and safe yes from stuff like "kill yourself" or " suck my d" but my problem is, are we really getting anywhere? Even kids swear alot, my vision is the server is trying to direct kids down a different route than swearing but in this day and age its pretty much a lost cause, Might as well call it toddler friendly instead or in gaming rating its not e for everyone but EC for early childhood

In my opinion the forums isn't a mess, I really like the style of it.
What i mean is there are threads that are in terrible spots, also appeals and reports should be brought near the top because of so many misplaced reports and appeals

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Of course not, but were at the other end, were not going to force them but were also not doing enough which is just as bad

fun and safe yes from stuff like "kill yourself" or " suck my d" but my problem is, are we really getting anywhere? Even kids swear alot, my vision is the server is trying to direct kids down a different route than swearing but in this day and age its pretty much a lost cause, Might as well call it toddler friendly instead or in gaming rating its not e for everyone but EC for early childhood
Cubecraft wants to keep the server kid friendly but they just can't, of course we try to, but it's just hard, this is why they made a report section.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Looks like I arrived later than I expected. Scottness covered most of it, but I'll explain why having too many devs on 1 part of the project is not necessarily good.

If you go to jobs.cubecraft.net when jobs are open, you'll see that there's different programming jobs for the applicant. Each developer specializes in a different field. While we'll see them as a developer, they could be a game developer, an anti-cheat developer, or a web developer. It's not necessarily all 3 working on the same thing. They're working on the server, but each covers different areas. There's also diminishing returns -- for every member you add to a field of the project, you're not going to add 100% to the productivity. If we have 1 guy working on the anticheat as an example and you add one more, your productivity will be less than 200% for that field in the example. Once you reach saturation, adding more won't help at all -- in fact, it'll actually hurt production.

Each developer also codes differently than another one for the same task. While the end-result will be the same, how they implement it will be different. All in all, we don't want them to step on each other's toes and slow the project more.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Pixelmon

Probably because it's something you need mods for. Most of the player base doesn't even know how to use the optifine installer without 20 tutorials.

Tower Defence info

They wouldn't understand anyways. You're expecting a lot from the average player

If they're forcing a stalemate by being in an unreachable spot, then it's camping.

They could always google it, and compromised account doesn't always mean that their account has been hacked. If you make it seem like it MAY have been hacked, it might cause unnecessary panic.

id rather be disappointed on a moved release date than kept in the dark not knowing when something will be done if itll ever release at all
Well, that's just you personally. Lot's of people hate to be disappointed when they expect big. If there's nothing to expect, then you can't just be disappointed.

Everyone asks or has asked about punishments, so why is there no sticky thread describing each punishment and how many chances there are?
Why show them how many times they can commit a crime until they think it isn't worth it?
If they don't show the punishments, that means it's too risky to break the rule without knowing what punishment they can receive.
If they really want to know, they can ask the staff members.

Heres the problem, i dont see the point, you create a server that supposed to be kid friendly, thus alot of kids swarm to the server probably a good 10-25% of your top player record was children, yet the accounts swearing are children in alot of cases, so if swearing is part of earthling childhood, please define "kid friendly" its as hard as defining the word "normal
It's not that the children hate swearing, but their parents might be sitting there with them. It's mostly the parents judging whether young kids get to play or not.

One thing ive noticed is devs dont seem to prioritize very well, tripling the amount of time everything takes to do, (sentinel is an example) instead of trying to do everything at once which unfixed bugs seem to project pick a project thats the most important and focus everything onto it It may help fix the extreme inefficiency of some issues
I'm not sure how it works, but I doubt all the devs are good at the same things.
There are probably many devs that are good at their own thing, meaning they can't all do the same. This results in them having time to do other projects so they can get more done.
All of this may also cause trouble, delaying everything else sometimes.
All of what I said here may be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

In my opinion theres way to many "aggressive" mini games (eggwars, sky wars, uhc, survival games, factions, blockwars, lucky islands) and not enough "passive" games ( sky block, arcade, parkour, blockband, tower defence, creative, minerware) i would love to see more games in the future that arent heavily pvp based or more past popular games like such as missile wars or spleef, something thats more strategy or skill or imagination oriented than pvp (i did once make posts about implementing Gmod Guess Who and skylanders battlecast)
Barely anyone plays those types. Blockband, creative and tower defense are almost always empty, and minerware is pretty annoying for some like myself.

In my opinion the forums are a mess, with the most comon questions about subjects answered in threads that are near impossible to find, instead it should be organised by priorities such as news (as it is), player reporting/appeals, support (bugs reports questions tips ect) and "everything else" and "list of allowed mods" should be in bug reports/ support not other updates

This is just your opinion. I don't mind the way it's set up really.

For the rest I either agree, or have missed it.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
If they're forcing a stalemate by being in an unreachable spot, then it's camping.
Correct but if your viewing the rules for the first time that is very much unclear i actually had to explain camping earlier because someone misunderstood it altogether
Barely anyone plays those types. Blockband, creative and tower defense are almost always empty,
compared to other games to other games thats true but tower defense is almost always full enough that theres at least 5 games with at least half the players needed to start

As for the developments, sentinel is probably the best example for 6 months maybe more it was constructed and it gets released to the server on life support, thats my issue, so if things that are released can barely function what happened to all the supposed testing?

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
What should I say?

You have just said most of the things I was going to say soon.
Alright, I agree with you. That's why Cubecraft has been decreasing.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
But at least there should be like 3 developers (maybe the maximum quantity) in some things, like coding games and fixing the bugs.
Depends on project size, but try not to overlap -- they don't want to have their changes incompatible. If I recall, there's 3 development fields Cube offers. Though you may have a couple code on one thing, they'll never implement it the same exact way. What the project does will be the same.

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
Depends on project size, but try not to overlap -- they don't want to have their changes incompatible. If I recall, there's 3 development fields Cube offers. Though you may have a couple code on one thing, they'll never implement it the same exact way. What the project does will be the same.
Well, Cubecraft must think about its bugs, that's what has been affecting Cubecraft and that's one of the reasons for which it has been losing players. So let's say bugs section needs more Developers, just that one at least.

Last edited:

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
I really agree with most of the Points you said...
The Swear one is totally truth, I could say that 80% of the people swearing are just kids thinking they are the best thing in the world.
The Swear thing is useless because you can always bypass Filter saying "Fuk You" of saying "J3w" --> ( I say that because CubeCraft people have something with Jews).
Oh well...
NIce thread!
+1

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Correct but if your viewing the rules for the first time that is very much unclear i actually had to explain camping earlier because someone misunderstood it altogether
That happens depending on the person.
Lot's of different strategies can be seen as camping, but in the rules you can see that you can report someone ONLY if someone is forcing a stalemate (Being in an unreachable position)
I happened to understand this quite well the first time I saw this, as I was surprised that camping wasn't allowed. Camping may be very annoying, but it's the way to winning for some players.

As for the developments, sentinel is probably the best example for 6 months maybe more it was constructed and it gets released to the server on life support, thats my issue, so if things that are released can barely function what happened to all the supposed testing?
We'll never know how long Sentinel has been on the server, as they may have just lied about it.
For all we know, Sentinel could've been active for a month before the official "release"
You can say what you want about Sentinel, false bans aside, it did really lower the amount of hackers by a ton. I rarely run into any of them anymore, and if I do, sometimes they get banned mid-game.
False bans are still an issue, but the thing does its job well.

Reactions: DanDaDino

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
That happens depending on the person.
Lot's of different strategies can be seen as camping, but in the rules you can see that you can report someone ONLY if someone is forcing a stalemate (Being in an unreachable position)
I happened to understand this quite well the first time I saw this, as I was surprised that camping wasn't allowed. Camping may be very annoying, but it's the way to winning for some players.
Well the "depends on the person was increibly frequent at one point like every other thread almost
We'll never know how long Sentinel has been on the server, as they may have just lied about it.
For all we know, Sentinel could've been active for a month before the official "release"
You can say what you want about Sentinel, false bans aside, it did really lower the amount of hackers by a ton. I rarely run into any of them anymore, and if I do, sometimes they get banned mid-game.
False bans are still an issue, but the thing does its job well.
i agree sentinel does a great job at least it does now, "release day" it barely could do anything but even though sentinels here were still not out of the woods yet while the hacker problem is being dealt with now we have to deal with legit players, no cheat+ is still posing a problem with its inability to correctly identify hackers and with the false kicking, who knows when that patch will be finished

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Screenshot 2024-04-27 012708.png

what-? I won 1st place but then got 2nd place...?
GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
Top Bottom