Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gimmie yo' 'pinions.

• Total voters

Chum Chum

Jun 7, 2018
Ahoy there chap.
So this is basically what I want Cube's staff or whatever to do:

• Update Cube-Craft to 1.14.
  • Remove access to 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, and 1.13.
  • When a newer version of Minecraft releases, such as 1.15, just update to that: and abandon 1.14. Repeat this cycle forever.
Justifications:
- Updating to 1.14 gives additional content which is always welcomed.
- Being a strictly 1.14 server means that cross-version bugs will no longer occur, and the game should be much smoother.
- Updating to snapshots is not ideal.

This is quite literally it.
I hate short posts.
so next up is a list of small quality-of-life tweaks.
- [FORUMS] split "PVP" to Assassinations, Free-For-All, and Duels.

- Getting a duplicated vanity item will give you a minimum of 250 loot points no matter what.

- [DUELS] Fix the "Generating Arena" thing.
- [DUELS] Fix the saturation in multi-round fights.
- [DUELS] Add a "Play Again" feature. Upon saying 'GG' at the end of a fight, it'll teleport you to a new random opponent.
- [DUELS] Add cages.
- [DUELS] Display HP of opponent via hidden, named, armour-stands.

- [FORUMS] Add a "Dislike" option.

- [TOWER-DEFENSE] Players that join for the first time will be forced to go through the tutorial, and a simulation game.
- [TOWER-DEFENSE] Add a "Tower Manual" - This will give all possible information about a tower.
This includes: damage, range, if a 3x3 of a 5x5, if attacks single-strikes or AoE, price to build, price to upgrade, damage per second, list of immune mobs.
- [TOWER-DEFENSE] Add a "Monster Manual" - This will give all possible information about a mob.
HP, damage per second, if flies or ground, walk-speed, cost to spawn, price to upgrade, list of towers with no effect upon. Etc.
- [TOWER-DEFENSE] Bring back /votekick [Player] & add /surrender.

- [Minerware] Add a "Marathon" gamemode. Instead of 15 minigames plus a boss game, it'll be 100 minigames plus a boss-game.
- [Minerware] Let Emerald ranked players to vote on the boss-game.
- [Minerware] Per map, change the size of the platform.

This thread may be edited to add additional game-tweaking requests, if I can think of more.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Ahoy there chap.
So this is basically what I want Cube's staff or whatever to do:

• When a newer version of Minecraft releases, such as 1.15, just update to that: and abandon 1.14. Repeat this cycle forever.
Justifications:
- Being a strictly 1.14 server means that cross-version bugs will no longer occur, and the game should be much smoother.

This is quite literally it.
I hate short posts.
so next up is a list of small quality-of-life tweaks.
- [FORUMS] split "PVP" to Assassinations, Free-For-All, and Duels.

- Getting a duplicated vanity item will give you a minimum of 250 loot points no matter what.

- [DUELS] Add a "Play Again" feature. Upon saying 'GG' at the end of a fight, it'll teleport you to a new random opponent.
- [DUELS] Add cages.

- [TOWER-DEFENSE] Players that join for the first time will be forced to go through the tutorial, and a simulation game.
- [TOWER-DEFENSE] Add a "Tower Manual" - This will give all possible information about a tower.
This includes: damage, range, if a 3x3 of a 5x5, if attacks single-strikes or AoE, price to build, price to upgrade, damage per second, list of immune mobs.
- [TOWER-DEFENSE] Add a "Monster Manual" - This will give all possible information about a mob.
HP, damage per second, if flies or ground, walk-speed, cost to spawn, price to upgrade, list of towers with no effect upon. Etc.
- [TOWER-DEFENSE] Bring back /votekick [Player] & add /surrender.

- [Minerware] Add a "Marathon" gamemode. Instead of 15 minigames plus a boss game, it'll be 100 minigames plus a boss-game.

This thread may be edited to add additional game-tweaking requests, if I can think of more.
It's perfectly fine as 1.9.
Disagree for vanity items, should be based on rarity.
Agree with all, don't know if Generating Arena can be fixed.

No need for dislikes, a disagree button is fine. There'll be too many salty people on the forums for it to be.
Forced tutorials may or may not be a good idea, because some people might just know how to play already, and some people might just loose interest.
Possibly an incentive like... 1000pts for 1 tutorial, etc.
Manuals are a good idea, won't cause you to just learn by experience of error.
/votekick can be abused, it's a matter of if the majority of the server can be trusted. It is a double edged sword. Although, I do hate playing with noobs.
/surrender is pointless, just let the game run out until one side loses. It might be possible to win even when all odds seem low.

Chum Chum

Jun 7, 2018
It's perfectly fine as 1.9.

I strongly disagree with you, if you may, please go a bit further and deeper on your point - this is actually a very sensitive subject.

Like I've mentioned before, there are all kinds of cross-version bugs that occur and I personally detest Cube for updating to 1.13 without removing older versions - because the overhaul of water is too darn big.
There are also a lot of locked features. New "overhauled"-content is blocked.

If everyone would play on the same version, the server would probably run much smoother due to less lag.
Lots of plugins obviously need a few tweaks to work for the latest version no matter what, but from what I've heard there's more support on mods & plugins, add-ons to Java in general.

UNLEASH THY OPINIONS, GENTLEMAN.

Reactions: MagnificentSpam

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Those things so much! Seriously the saturation bug is literally one literal line of code to fix and it has been reported so many times. And the generating terrain thing is totally counter productive. Server's taking too long to prepare the map so let's put some players on it so every block change has to be sent to them, heck.

I'd like to add better error handling. If an error occurs, like a player not showing up, or "lobby closed", whatever that means, just try to do the thing again. If my first random opponent doesn't show up, match me with someone else. If you need to kick me out after the duel ends, give me the rematch option in the lobby.

Also OP duel kits were superior to normal kits, I want an option to select my favourite kits that will be preferred for random duels and can include OP kits.

Also also, 1.9 is not fine. Damage calculations are off, I always bump my head when going for a swim, flowing water and lava look and behave weird. And I bet a lot of the occasional glitches are due to the server not knowing what clients can do, like kicking me for using the /tell command because auto complete has changed.

Reactions: Chum Chum

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
I strongly disagree with you, if you may, please go a bit further and deeper on your point - this is actually a very sensitive subject.

Like I've mentioned before, there are all kinds of cross-version bugs that occur and I personally detest Cube for updating to 1.13 without removing older versions - because the overhaul of water is too darn big.
There are also a lot of locked features. New "overhauled"-content is blocked.

If everyone would play on the same version, the server would probably run much smoother due to less lag.
Lots of plugins obviously need a few tweaks to work for the latest version no matter what, but from what I've heard there's more support on mods & plugins, add-ons to Java in general.

UNLEASH THY OPINIONS, GENTLEMAN.
If you force everybody to play on the same version, people are also not going to play on 1.9.
Uhh, no, none of this is supported by any actual facts, it's just your subjective points. Cube runs also on 1.8, no matter what the "Lag" you claim will continue to exist. What locked features? Fill me in on that one. In fact, I thought updating to the newest version wasn't the best of ideas. And did I mention, graphics and everything changes? And honestly, I never was really a fan of the newer versions. No point of changing anything that's not fixed, and I rarely ever deal with lag on the server, with a standard laptop.
And just because you've heard things doesn't mean it's true, I'm not a java expert but hearing things is too weak of evidence to truly be a game-changer.
Those things so much! Seriously the saturation bug is literally one literal line of code to fix and it has been reported so many times. And the generating terrain thing is totally counter productive. Server's taking too long to prepare the map so let's put some players on it so every block change has to be sent to them, heck.

I'd like to add better error handling. If an error occurs, like a player not showing up, or "lobby closed", whatever that means, just try to do the thing again. If my first random opponent doesn't show up, match me with someone else. If you need to kick me out after the duel ends, give me the rematch option in the lobby.

Also OP duel kits were superior to normal kits, I want an option to select my favourite kits that will be preferred for random duels and can include OP kits.

Also also, 1.9 is not fine. Damage calculations are off, I always bump my head when going for a swim, flowing water and lava look and behave weird. And I bet a lot of the occasional glitches are due to the server not knowing what clients can do, like kicking me for using the /tell command because auto complete has changed.
This is a problem with using the newest version. I don't want to have to deal with the new water updates, it changes gameplay much much more.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I cant really say much about the 1.14 thing, updating has its benefits, staying has its benefits. So I'll run down the other stuff.

[FORUMS] split "PVP" to Assassinations, Free-For-All, and Duels.
Current server layout does not have the space for this.

I personally am 100% convinced that health mods are extremely unfair gameplay advantages and I do not agree with them being allowed, I also dont believe the solution to the problem of them is to give the other player the mod too, but rather to strip the health mod user of this mod instead to even the grounds. I think instead it should display the winners health after the fight is done because that's really what they want plus the advantages dont work.

I think many members in our community have made it clear that they would not use this for its intended purposes, there has been a severely large amount of bullying to specific members on this site before, a lot of it backhanded and sly. I think the minor benefits of this one are worth letting go to avoid these issues.

This sounds really cool on paper, but on execution I think we'll find that the majority of the players will have left by the end, this gives you a larger margin of analysis on whether you'll get 1st-3rd, giving you the oportunity to leave. Even though it's a separate gamemode, kids are stupid and they will join without realizing it goes on for so long and by time you reach the boss game it's just you and your pal James.

I dont agree with letting ranked players vote for the game that they perform better in, the essence of Minerware is the randomization and stripping this away will ruin the flow on it, and trigger a lot of non-ranked players when Xx_TqtallyCqmboz_xX is force voting color floor and getting 300 with his RaZer Mamba Elite Jitter 3000.

This would disrupt the functionality of the microgames in the code as they are dependant on the size of the platform to be consistent, it would break the majority of microgames, namely the ones that stay on the platform. (excl. Fly Through The Hoops, Find the Item, Follow the Platforms)

Sep 7, 2018
Justifications:
If CCG is going to fully support 1.14 they will have to re-code whole their code base including gadgets, games, Play Again and Armoury systems, all mini games in the lobby, Sentinel, etc... . as you see it's easy to say update the server to the last version but it's hard to implement. Don't misunderstand me I want CubeCraft to be updated to the last version too but the fact that even if they going to update their server it might take months before they finish it which means we will have to wait several months without receiving any update for the server.​

millsmolls

Dec 15, 2018
I don't really think people will play CubeCraft as much due to pvp and combat reasons.
Also, as Super Craft Bros stated above
they will have to re-code whole their code base including gadgets, games, Play Again and Armoury systems, all mini games in the lobby, Sentinel, etc... .
I'm agreeing with this. With the new update there will probably be quite a lot of new additions to the game, making it so the games, gadgets, sentinel etc will have to be compatible with the update.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom