Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
welcome to my thread on Control Point Reborn

Many of us remember control point,(aka tower defenders) and many of us experienced heartbreak when our favorite deathmatch minigame got taken down because of lack of traffic, so im here to make suggestions how to revive it

Custom enchants (offense)
Custom enchants could extend fights, while i know this is used for factions and not everyone likes them, unique abilities would bounce interest up as every fight would be different
If your familiar with south park the stick of truth, once you get a specific amount of friends you can unlock one new perk, this is how CE would work, youd buy the enchant and then select a kit, then select the armour piece youd like to put it on, you can rebuy it and put on another piece but they do not stack or level up, making putting two of the same on one set, useless (you can also remove the enchant for a point price), you can set enimies on fire, poison them, double attack, double damage, ect

Perks (defence)
Just like CE they can not stack or level up, perks would defend you from attacks such as a chance to counter, regen health, apply blindness, or take less damage, again all bought with points, however both CE and Perks have a chance to prot

Map changes
Here are things to help improve maps from what we had
- make them unexploitable, some maps could be exploited to slow players down, an example was the forest one where you could burn the enemy bridge to make it harder for them to get to mid
- Make them navigable, some maps were incredible hard to navigate because of the intense terrain or random obstacles, random holes you couldnt get out of, or twisted scenery like mazes of leaves, sprinting was utterly useless
- Make the maps bigger, such as blockwars size, the games took so long because the maps were so small as soon as you kill one here comes 3 more
- Increase totem range, the small radius of taking the totems made it near impossible to capture it along with an endless stream of enemies, one hit and youd get knocked off, there should be some fighting room

Kit Block choice
Along with custom enchants you can choose what block you want to use in the kit you select (can be changed)
Instead of brick, i could choose a bone block, or maybe a diamond block, or glass, even prismarine or granite! (Can not choose falling blocks such as sand, red sand, or gravel)

Hunger
Id suggest remove hunger altogether, make it like blockwars, control point is such as fast game who has time to stop and eat? Its easier to jump off the edge and respawn

Modes and voting

Of course only ranks can vote and what you could vote for

-time of day (like skywars) (excludes end and nether biome maps)
- item type (aka modes, like eggwars)

Modes:

Vanilla-
Default gameplay like control point was (custom enchants and perks do not work)

Revival-
the new age gameplay as described above

Futuristic-
Essentially op mode, perks and CE have double the chance to prot, natural regen is standard 1.9 full saturation (permanent golden apple effect for 1.8)

New kits (my memory is not great if a kit already exists in some form i apologize)

Sacrificer
---------------
Shield
Stone pickaxe
Leather Chestplate
Wood sword

Butcher
--------------
Iron Axe
Leather Helmet
Iron chestplate
Wood Pickaxe

Fly Swatter
-----------

End rod (kb 1)
Leather chest plate
Wood Pickaxe
Wood axe

Healer
-----------
2 splash potions of healing
1 lingering potion of regen
Stone Axe
Full chainmail

Spirit (1.11)
--------

1 Totem of undying
Leather helmet
Leather boots
Iron axe

Environments

Most maps in this server are the same, all in the sky! What if we had a different environment such as in the nether where instead of a void youd burn in lava or die of fall damage on an island in the end (guaranteed deaths regardless of buffs)

#bringbackCP

Last edited:

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I think this looks great and I would like it added
I found cubecraft because of the eggwars videos preston made long before i had minecraft java editon however it was control point that i stayed, control point holds a special place in my minecraft life and its why im here today id love to see it return one day while i do like long games such as op eggwars, very short games with no strategizing like control point also appeal to me

Reactions: Injunction

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
CPR = Cardiopulmonary rescesutation

Im up for anything that has a totem of undying
I actually didnt realise i did that, what a coincidence lol

Anyways the spirit kit would only be a thing if cube would update to 1.11 or 1.12 sure it revives you but you have almost no armour value so it balances

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
These ideas are really good.Also losing hunger would be bad for players since regen would be slow.Otherwise everything else is really good.
Not to mention with the pace of the game its easier to KYS and respawn even in 1.9 With no saturation, while faster, its still not quick enough to continue fighting

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Custom enchants (offense)
Custom enchants could extend fights, while i know this is used for factions and not everyone likes them, unique abilities would bounce interest up as every fight would be different
If your familiar with south park the stick of truth, once you get a specific amount of friends you can unlock one new perk, this is how CE would work, youd buy the enchant and then select a kit, then select the armour piece youd like to put it on, you can rebuy it and put on another piece but they do not stack or level up, making putting two of the same on one set, useless (you can also remove the enchant for a point price), you can set enimies on fire, poison them, double attack, double damage, ect
Custom enchantments really confuse everything. Even in Factions, it gets awfully confusing about what everything does, especially when there's one server out there with over 45 custom enchants...
Perks (defence)
Just like CE they can not stack or level up, perks would defend you from attacks such as a chance to counter, regen health, apply blindness, or take less damage, again all bought with points, however both CE and Perks have a chance to prot
This would be a nice addition.
Map changes
Here are things to help improve maps from what we had
- make them unexploitable, some maps could be exploited to slow players down, an example was the forest one where you could burn the enemy bridge to make it harder for them to get to mid
- Make them navigable, some maps were incredible hard to navigate because of the intense terrain or random obstacles, random holes you couldnt get out of, or twisted scenery like mazes of leaves, sprinting was utterly useless
- Make the maps bigger, such as blockwars size, the games took so long because the maps were so small as soon as you kill one here comes 3 more
- Increase totem range, the small radius of taking the totems made it near impossible to capture it along with an endless stream of enemies, one hit and youd get knocked off, there should be some fighting room
I found most of the maps were decent, however a few things needed to be fixed like, as you said, holes, and one-off blocks just on the ground everywhere.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Custom enchantments really confuse everything. Even in Factions, it gets awfully confusing about what everything does, especially when there's one server out there with over 45 custom enchants...
Thats why there would be a thread on here describing them all, and hovering over it in game would also unveil a description,

Also there wouldnt be more than probably 15 CE's
I found most of the maps were decent, however a few things needed to be fixed like, as you said, holes, and one-off blocks just on the ground everywhere
or burn it down, yes i was that guy in the map with the long Y Shaped wooden bridge id burn that thing to force players to build over slowing them down i know many other did to

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
In that case how do we make pvp go faster.
Heres what would happen, youd fight the player lose X amounts of hearts, if you win you have either

A. Wait for regen to go back up which takes a little bit in 1.9 (and forever in 1.8)
B. Jump off the edge and respawn, if memory servers right there was no respawn timer

How to fix the regen problem is something im still working on

Reactions: MimicPanda
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday mister Ducky 🎉🥳
BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy bday 🥳