Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I think there should be a test or something before you can be accepted as part of the CC team. Let's say, for instance, there's a 12 year old who genuinely wants to help out the server, and then there's a 17 year old who just wants the rank for a bit of clout/fame on the server, but could care less about the server itself. If there was a test to take beforehand, age wouldn't have to matter. It would be based off of the experience and/or knowledge of the person(s).
It’s not about knowledge, it’s about maturity.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I feel like this would drastically decrease our amount of applications, likely shrinking our team instead of more growth. Our Bedrock playerbase is lacking in Moderation, whilst its also our youngest playerbase.

• Agree
Reactions: Amazinq

Stan J.K. Rowling! <3

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2020
I think there should be a test or something before you can be accepted as part of the CC team. Let's say, for instance, there's a 12 year old who genuinely wants to help out the server, and then there's a 17 year old who just wants the rank for a bit of clout/fame on the server, but could care less about the server itself. If there was a test to take beforehand, age wouldn't have to matter. It would be based off of the experience and/or knowledge of the person(s).
aka applying for staff. that's it. that's the test.

Reactions: Patsman

SoloWarz

Forum Expert
Sep 18, 2021
Amman, Jordan
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

I'm not the only one who has seen, and argued about, ~16 year old Moderators or Helpers who fulfill their "duties" as Staff in a way that's not very staff-like. I don't have any receipts of this, I might be able to find some in my screens folder if someone would really want to see them, but not the point here. One verifiable case was July this year, where a mod wrongfully muted me and then kept following me into game lobbies and even went as far as hitting me in game. (lol)

One of the requirements to apply for Helper is — and you might want to sit down for this one — to be at least 14 years old.
Now, age doesn't always hint at immature behavior. There are Staff members under the age of 18 that behave very accordingly, and I know several of them. But to make sure you're not a) wasting time of kids/teens and b) making sure you get a higher % of mature applicant, set the minimum age to around 16-17.

I feel like I'm making a dull point by suggesting this, because I am sure that those behind the wheels of this would not accept immature people in their staff teams. And perhaps they did not, at the time of them accepting those staff members. It could very well be the pressure of having a Staff rank on a server. Being of immature age can also contribute to the former. So, periodical controls — if those are not already happening — should absolutely be a thing. I could elaborate on what these "controls" could look like, but there's a mature and intelligent team of Admins who could come up with good ideas, if implemented.

can't wait for the moderators to downvote this one ngl

Kind regards,
Stan J.K. Rowling! <3
View attachment 205505
Knowledge and belonging is way important than age when applying for helper IMO

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
REeErrererEEEEER MEeOooowoWw ReRERrerERreeeeeRRRR FfiIT FIiT mMmmawwWww nreerRERerERE

Yeah thats all I got out of reading this entire thread.

stop

• Agree
Reactions: Silco
D

Deleted member 347571

It does in some way, younger people are a lot easier to manipulate than older people, i'm not saying that all the younger people are not good enough to be staff but let's be honest here, you're spending money on a server so you'd expect that people actually deserve to be staff and not see it as a grind.

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
While I do agree with some points I don’t think increasing the minimum age for helper is gonna help anything. I’ve reported multiple staff members above the age of 18 for immature behaviour. Everyone tries their best to be nice and hide their immaturity when they’re applying but everyone will get they will get exposed once they’re mod.

Stan J.K. Rowling! <3

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2020
I feel like this would drastically decrease our amount of applications, likely shrinking our team instead of more growth. Our Bedrock playerbase is lacking in Moderation, whilst its also our youngest playerbase.
I'm curious, how many helpers, mods, admins etc. are there? Including all devs + builders with rule-enforcing perms such as mutes, warns, etc.

While I do agree with some points I don’t think increasing the minimum age for helper is gonna help anything. I’ve reported multiple staff members above the age of 18 for immature behaviour. Everyone tries their best to be nice and hide their immaturity when they’re applying but everyone will get they will get exposed once they’re mod.
you'd especially like part 2 of my suggestion, then. the periodical controls

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
I’ve been here a for a long time and I’ve known staff members of many different ages and maturity.
Not always the oldest are the most mature, and vice versa, as many have already pointed out. However, although it depends on many factors such as education, personality, etc, it‘s innegable that the older one is, the more mature tends to be. And if they were to raise the minimum age, the maturity (if that’s quantifiable) average would increase.

However, age isn’t the other factor they consider. Activity, behaviour… are all factors that are arguably more important than maturity. One can be very mature but extremely incompetent. A fourteen yo willing to learn from past mistakes, etc is a better staff than Mr Granpa.

However, it’s true the younger one is, the more inexperienced one is. An eight year old kid can’t be a good staff member simply because they’re way too young. And while it’s hard to tell where one should ‘draw a line’ of the minimum age, I think 14 is ideal. A year of difference when you’re 12-16 can make a big difference in my experience. (Obviously, this doesn’t apply to cc jobs)

About periodical controls, I’m pretty sure that’s already happening and there’s a Staff Feedback section to report the kind of behaviour you described.
all devs + builders with rule-enforcing perms such as mutes, warns, etc.
I’m pretty sure builders don’t have those perms (or at least, didn’t use to), and developers can’t perform moderator duties, unless they come across someone who’s cheating etc. Could be wrong, but that’s how it used to be iirc

Nooo,I disagree it!

Because i now just 14 years old,if the minimum age changed to be 17 years old,then i must wait 3 years more :(
If you really wanted to help the server and not because you want to show-off your shiny rank, you wouldn’t see this as a barrier/drawback ;)
there's a 12 year old who genuinely
12 years old is way too young. And by the way, they can’t (legally) use Discord
wasting time of kids/teens
Pretty sure teenagers/kids have more time to waste than your average uni student or employed adult.

ps pro tip for ma 13-15 yo dudes/dudettes, if you’re going to reply, think what you’re going to say. It’s pretty obvious if you post the same generic quote “but me is verry matoore” just because you’re afraid they won’t prevent you from applying

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I'm curious, how many helpers, mods, admins etc. are there? Including all devs + builders with rule-enforcing perms such as mutes, warns, etc.
Only moderators and trained admins are allowed to issue punishments. We currently have 38 moderators of which the majority moderates on Java and I assume max 10-15 admins are trained, although admins barely issue punishments.

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s not about knowledge, it’s about maturity.
Right, that's what I mean. There could a a younger person more mature than a person of older age.
aka applying for staff. that's it. that's the test.
I'm a bit confused.
It does in some way, younger people are a lot easier to manipulate than older people, i'm not saying that all the younger people are not good enough to be staff but let's be honest here, you're spending money on a server so you'd expect that people actually deserve to be staff and not see it as a grind.
I totally agree. But some younger applicants may be less prone to scams, explicit material, manipulation, etc. than to other players who are of older age.

• Agree
Reactions: CheesySteveey
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom