Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anilocin

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
Hello everyone!

Over the last few years I've played on CubeCraft I have seen many players using specific strat in Eggwars which I find very irritating:

PVP Evading

What is PVP Evading?

PVP Evading is a strat used by many, mostly new players. It is a strat similar to camping, as it usually involves farming and avoiding PVP. It involves (usually) the last living player of a team running nearly non-stop across the map, only stopping to farm diamond & emeralds, as they usually plan to max out their equipment (Diamond armor, sharp sword, bows, notch gaps, pearls, elytras, etc.).

These PVP evaders will usually "wait out" the match, meaning that they will run around and wait for the player hunting them down to fall in the void or even leave.

On small maps, i. e. in Solos and Duos, this isn't too much of deal. But in Squads and Megas, especially Megas with OP mode, PVP evaders can and will keep running and get OP equipment.

Of course, if you still have teammates, tracking down and killing PVP Evaders is easier. However, in a 1v1 situation on a large Megas map such as Atlantis or especially Eve, the hunt can take incredibly long.

1v1 Matches in which the final enemy player is constantly running can take well over 45 minutes, and sometimes over an hour. These players ruin the EggWars experience. This behaviour is very toxic.

These players will bowspam if you try to follow them, and even if you stack up so that they can't hit you easily, they will continue to run to next island. Of course pearls would be handy is these kinds of situations. However these players also have the tendency to use pearls as well, or to stack up and fly to next island quickly with an elytra.

Hunting down the final player who is avoiding every possible melee fight for 30+ minutes just to get sniped and get 5 XP is extremely annoying.

Therefore, I believe that these players should be banned.

This rule could added under Rule 1.6: Camping

Proposed Punishment Track: Warning > 1 day ban > 7 day ban > 30 day ban

P.S. If you don't agree with my suggestion, please feel free to explain me why :)

Last edited:

lijm

Feb 3, 2022
If they camp on their island u got mid which most of the time has atleast 2 dia and emerald gen. There are enough maps that are fast so just play those. And sometimes its fun to play a game for 45min.

Anilocin

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
If they camp on their island u got mid which most of the time has atleast 2 dia and emerald gen. There are enough maps that are fast so just play those. And sometimes its fun to play a game for 45min.
Please read the text. The problem isn't people camping, taking out campers isn't all that hard. The problem is that many players, especially in a 1v1 situation on Megas, will just run 99% of the time and will avoid PVP at all costs. The will never melee fight, and if they do in fact "fight", they will just bowspam the last player hunting them into the void.

Btw when grinding for leaderboard it is best to keep games under 5min, 15min max.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: SLK Krrimz

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Such people can be very frustrating, indeed.
However, imagine that you are in their place. People, who are usually mediocre at pvp at best are collecting for the best items, which is logical, since they have no confidence they could win against a more experienced player on equal ground and gear. I hate seeing this play style, as much as you do, but we can't blame people for not being good at PvP or for getting the best gear. At the end of the day, why should diamond armour and sharpness 5 swords exsist, if they would be in a way prohibited from being used?

Reactions: Silco

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello everyone!

Over the last few years I've played on CubeCraft I have seen many players using specific strat in Eggwars which I find very irritating:

PVP Evading

What is PVP Evading?

PVP Evading is a strat used by many, mostly new players. It is a strat similar to camping, as it usually involves farming and avoiding PVP. It involves (usually) the last living player of a team running nearly non-stop across the map, only stopping to farm diamond & emeralds, as they usually plan to max out their equipment (Diamond armor, sharp sword, bows, notch gaps, pearls, elytras, etc.).

These PVP evaders will usually "wait out" the match, meaning that they will run around and wait for the player hunting them down to fall in the void or even leave.

On small maps, i. e. in Solos and Duos, this isn't too much of deal. But in Squads and Megas, especially Megas with OP mode, PVP evaders can and will keep running and get OP equipment.

Of course, if you still have teammates, tracking down and killing PVP Evaders is easier. However, in a 1v1 situation on a large Megas map such as Atlantis or especially Eve, the hunt can take incredibly long.

1v1 Matches in which the final enemy player is constantly running can take well over 45 minutes, and sometimes over an hour. These players ruin the EggWars experience. This behaviour is very toxic.

These players will bowspam if you try to follow them, and even if you stack up so that they can't hit you easily, they will continue to run to next island. Of course pearls would be handy is these kinds of situations. However these players also have the tendency to use pearls as well, or to stack up and fly to next island quickly with an elytra.

Hunting down the final player who is avoiding every possible melee fight for 30+ minutes just to get sniped and get 5 XP is extremely annoying.

Therefore, I believe that these players should be banned.

This rule could added under Rule 1.6: Camping

Proposed Punishment Track: 1 day ban > 7 day ban > 30 day ban

P.S. If you don't agree with my suggestion, please feel free to explain me why :)
Hiya! I agree with this but I think firstly you should be given a warning instead of a straight-up ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom