Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Fadelicious

Apr 9, 2020
Texas
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
As you read from the title above, the competitive parkour needs a bit of improvement in the gameplay.

Originally, I have been playing parkour for quite some time and I have witnessed strange things throughout my game experience. To begin with, the starting time for the race is only 2 seconds. If you take a minute and consider this, the time is extremely fast. 2 seconds is not enough to get all set for the race whether you're a bit laggy or not. It's also frustrating when your opponent takes advantage of that 2 seconds to pass you in speed. This has happened to me multiple times and it's difficult to get caught up with your opponent if they don't fall off or something. Instead of 2 seconds, 10 seconds would be enough time for players whether they're lagging or not to get set for the race. It seems more reasonable and fair for all the players when they're given 10 seconds to start the race.

Secondly, the cage you spawn from is a bit too high from the ground. The distance between the ground and the cage is around a block high. If you consider this, any mistake you make when you start the race will automatically bring you back to the starting point, making it harder to start again while your opponent is ahead of you. It would be extremely helpful if you made the cage on the ground 1 block away from the starting point. This will qualify players to go straight to the starting point and begin the race without any difficulties.

Last but least, the checkpoints in the parkour. My friends and I were discussing the fact that they should have a barrier instead of checkpoints in the parkour. To prevent enemies from going ahead of you, barriers will be reasonable to get caught up with them. Keep in mind that a 2-3-second barrier is enough for players to catch up with their opponents in the race. This will also provide players time to get caught up with their opponent if they're ahead of them. Providing time for players to catch up with their opponents is reasonable since it's important to play fair.

To summarize everything above, competitive parkour requires a bit of improvement including extra time when spawning, cages on the ground, and barriers for providing time. With all of these ideas that I shared above, the competitive parkour will be much better, and more playable for any platform based on the game experience. Without further due, thank you for taking your time and looking at my suggestion. I hope you have a blessed day :)

Last edited:

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
As you read from the title above, the competitive parkour needs a bit of improvement in the gameplay.

Originally, I have been playing parkour for quite some time and I have witnessed strange things throughout my game experience. To begin with, the starting time for the race is only 2 seconds. If you take a minute and consider this, the time is extremely fast. 2 seconds is not enough to get all set for the race whether you're a bit laggy or not. It's also frustrating when your opponent takes advantage of that 2 seconds to pass you in speed. This has happened to me multiple times and it's difficult to get caught up with your opponent if they don't fall off or something. Instead of 2 seconds, 10 seconds would be enough time for players whether they're lagging or not to get set for the race. It seems more reasonable and fair for all the players when they're given 10 seconds to start the race.

Secondly, the cage you spawn from is a bit too high from the ground. The distance between the ground and the cage is around a block high. If you consider this, any mistake you make when you start the race will automatically bring you back to the starting point, making it harder to start again while your opponent is ahead of you. It would be extremely helpful if you made the cage on the ground 1 block away from the starting point. This will qualify players to go straight to the starting point and begin the race without any difficulties.

Last but least, the checkpoints in the parkour. My friends and I were discussing the fact that they should have a barrier instead of checkpoints in the parkour. To prevent enemies from going ahead of you, barriers will be reasonable to get caught up with them. Keep in mind that a 2-3-second barrier is enough for players to catch up with their opponents in the race. This will also provide players time to get caught up with their opponent if they're ahead of them. Providing time for players to catch up with their opponents is reasonable since it's important to play fair.

To summarize everything above, competitive parkour requires a bit of improvement including extra time when spawning, cages on the ground, and barriers for providing time. With all of these ideas that I shared above, the competitive parkour will be much better, and more playable for any platform based on the game experience. Without further due, thank you for taking your time and looking at my suggestion. I hope you have a blessed day :)
Adding a barrier so they cant get too far ahead literally removes the entire purpose of the game, its not supposed to be casual thats for regular parkour

Cyanlloyd

Feb 8, 2020
Imagine doing the 100 meters. You are in the lead and almost at the finish line. But before you can cross the finish, you are instantly stopped by an invisible force. You can see the other runners behind you catching up. When they almost pass you are suddenly able to advance forward…

This would be very bad if this was included in a sports event, doesn’t it? You suggest basically the same thing for competitive parkour. You should not punish good players. It is competitive parkour after all.

If it is too hard for you or your friend(s), try training in the normal, casual parkour modes. You will see your skills improve!

Stijnnn_

Jan 4, 2021
Bamboo forest
Like other people said, adding barriers will basically remove the “competitive” out of it. If you feel like its unfair or youre not skilled enough to win any games I dont think you have enough parkour experience and you should just practice in regular parkour, where you can go ahead and wait for your friends at the end and thus don’t go ahead of them.

Fadelicious

Apr 9, 2020
Texas
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Wouldn't adding a barrier to restrict progress for both players entirely remove the competitive aspect of the game?
Yep, at first, I thought the idea would be perfectly fine, but then I noticed the barriers will actually block your opponent which will make it a one-sided match. My bad on this one since I was unsure whether this will work or not :)

I agree with the time being increased maybe 5 seconds instead of ten though. but I disagree with the barrier suggestion. If your opponent is skilled enough that they left you in the dust then they deserve to be rewarded with the victory not held back.
Great point!

The 3 seconds queue is great in my opinion. It saves 7 seconds per game compared to the 10 seconds before and it makes a big difference. The most wins in an hour that I got before the update was 80 and now it's 90. 5 seconds would be ok but I don't want it to be 10 seconds again
Yeah, that seems more reasonable than what I have said above :)

Adding a barrier so they cant get too far ahead literally removes the entire purpose of the game, its not supposed to be casual thats for regular parkour
I'll take my words on this one since I was unsure about whether this will work or not :D

Imagine doing the 100 meters. You are in the lead and almost at the finish line. But before you can cross the finish, you are instantly stopped by an invisible force. You can see the other runners behind you catching up. When they almost pass you are suddenly able to advance forward…

This would be very bad if this was included in a sports event, doesn’t it? You suggest basically the same thing for competitive parkour. You should not punish good players. It is competitive parkour after all.

If it is too hard for you or your friend(s), try training in the normal, casual parkour modes. You will see your skills improve!
Understandable, like always, I'll also take my words on this one too since it's a bit difficult to figure out whether this works or not :)

Reactions: Casualpoalrbear

Fadelicious

Apr 9, 2020
Texas
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Like other people said, adding barriers will basically remove the “competitive” out of it. If you feel like its unfair or youre not skilled enough to win any games I dont think you have enough parkour experience and you should just practice in regular parkour, where you can go ahead and wait for your friends at the end and thus don’t go ahead of them.
Next time, I'll be careful with what I am saying since making up stuff doesn't always help the community :)

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
Top Bottom