Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Marzie

Mar 19, 2017
Thanks for the update but when I first came back to this game, it was WAY too much. Another thing is, I spent a lot of money on 2 towers (necro and leach), and that's really unfair that I didn't get those points back after this update. :/ Another thing I find unfair is the upgrades we have to buy in the lobbies.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks for the update but when I first came back to this game, it was WAY too much. Another thing is, I spent a lot of money on 2 towers (necro and leach), and that's really unfair that I didn't get those points back after this update. :/ Another thing I find unfair is the upgrades we have to buy in the lobbies.

No refunds for the 3000 point leach tower ;(
So glad I save up 19k points but still...

ruben appeltans

Feb 10, 2016
I love this new update of tower defence. It was taking to long to make a new update but finally it is here. keep up the good work

Arwen314

Novice Member
Aug 13, 2017
We are long term CubeCraft fans. More than that, we've played 9 and a half days worth of Tower Defense, when you combine our times.

This update was the deal-breaker.
We've been in love with Tower Defense- it was by far our favorite game, not just on CubeCraft, but on any Minecraft server.
In our opinion, this update has transformed Tower Defense from an original, creative, and mentally-challenging game into a knock-off of games like Bloons TD and Gem Craft, among hundreds of other incredibly similar crappy games meant for children. This game has been transformed from a game that a small group of people (small being relative) absolutely adore and dedicate time to, into a game that a large group of people will play occasionally, but often do not consider worth their precious time.
We'd list the faults with this update, but BraniacGaming has covered most of them (although certainly not all, in our opinion.)

We're mainly writing this to say:

Goodbye, CubeCraft.
You have officially chased away dedicated veterans of your server.
We understand that the majority of people like this update- but it was too much for us.
We hope those that enjoy the update continue to play Tower Defense and CubeCraft, but we strongly believe that in a little bit (be it a couple months, or a year or two) Tower Defense will have lost all but a few small groups of players. We cannot discern whether this small group will be as dedicated as our small groups were, but we hope they are.
We'd probably happily return to CubeCraft and Tower Defense if there was an option to play it how it originally was- like, for example, how Hypixel has both the updated and original versions of several of their games. We understand that it is very unlikely to happen, but wish it with all our hearts.
Thank you for the fun times we had. We're very sad those times are over.

Best Wishes,
Arwen314 and zlooof
:( :(

Arwen314

Novice Member
Aug 13, 2017
Why is everyone praising this update?
This update is bad.
1)They jacked up the prices for Artillery, Mages, Ice, and Archer when they really didn't need to be.
2)You can only place one fucking leach tower?! That's is dumb. This is for each player, IF I place one I only cant place another, another player can.
3)Different pathways for towers is a neat idea and but towers such as Artillery cant do enough damage to mobs making a pain in the ass to deal with.
4)Upgrading different mobs is cool and a neat idea but you cant kill the mobs in time before they get past a tower. Since different towers don't do enough damage to mobs this makes it a pain in the ass when they mobs are near the castle and they are at full health.
5)Some of the game modes like Hardcore and Armageddon suck, and with the prices being jacked up ton I cant place quick towers like Archers, Ice, Mages, and Artillery that can kill those mobs in time. This means that the mobs can get to your castle even faster it seems and are at nearly full health and destroys your castle a lot faster than before.
6) I do like how they down graded the price for the goldmine which means you can buy more towers faster and upgrade them faster.
7)In order to buy the different tower pathways you need to get POINTS!!!!!!! This means you have to grind for the points in order to make your towers do enough damage to the other mobs.
8)I CANT /votekick players!?!?! WTF!!!!!! I cant vote kick a player who is either not playing the game right and placing the tower wrong. Yes they do have a tutorial but I don't think any new player is going to want to do that and it makes playing the game much less fun if you don't have players talking chat and communicating with the other teammates. Also if you have teammate who is an asshole and do as you ask you cant vote kick them.
9) You get Necro, Quake, Sorcerer, Leach, and Turret without earning POINTS!!!!!! This takes away the experience of oh shit we have to get more exp to get mobs who can get pass that tower.
10) The new map designs look sweat and cool, I like the pathways the mobs can take and involves more moving around instead of staying in one spot
All in all the update (in my opinion) is a let down with the changes that I have to get use to. the update is a 5/10. I will still play the game mode just because its one of a very few game mode that a lot of people enjoy. If you agree with me leave a like and if you don't like it then go away no one likes you. I'm just kidding you are in titled to your opinion just like I em.

Thank you BraniacGaming, for eloquently voicing what I was afraid I would be unable to do justice to!

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
We are long term CubeCraft fans. More than that, we've played 9 and a half days worth of Tower Defense, when you combine our times.

This update was the deal-breaker.
We've been in love with Tower Defense- it was by far our favorite game, not just on CubeCraft, but on any Minecraft server.
In our opinion, this update has transformed Tower Defense from an original, creative, and mentally-challenging game into a knock-off of games like Bloons TD and Gem Craft, among hundreds of other incredibly similar crappy games meant for children. This game has been transformed from a game that a small group of people (small being relative) absolutely adore and dedicate time to, into a game that a large group of people will play occasionally, but often do not consider worth their precious time.
We'd list the faults with this update, but BraniacGaming has covered most of them (although certainly not all, in our opinion.)

We're mainly writing this to say:

Goodbye, CubeCraft.
You have officially chased away dedicated veterans of your server.
We understand that the majority of people like this update- but it was too much for us.
We hope those that enjoy the update continue to play Tower Defense and CubeCraft, but we strongly believe that in a little bit (be it a couple months, or a year or two) Tower Defense will have lost all but a few small groups of players. We cannot discern whether this small group will be as dedicated as our small groups were, but we hope they are.
We'd probably happily return to CubeCraft and Tower Defense if there was an option to play it how it originally was- like, for example, how Hypixel has both the updated and original versions of several of their games. We understand that it is very unlikely to happen, but wish it with all our hearts.
Thank you for the fun times we had. We're very sad those times are over.

Best Wishes,
Arwen314 and zlooof
:( :(

I'm also a long-term veteran of Cubecraft. I was Tower Defense's first Pokemon Master (a player reaching a million sends) and I nearly have an entire month in-game; That's not counting time spent in the lobby, your time played only increments when you're in-game. Sadly, I feel the same way Arwen314 and zlooof.
ymStats.png

upload_2017-8-13_16-29-56.png

Attachments

• YoungMasterBrandonOneMillionMobsSent.png
    YoungMasterBrandonOneMillionMobsSent.png
    732.1 KB · Views: 320
Why did you do this? This is the worst thing that you could have done to this game. This was my favourite game. I am devastated at what you have done here. I wish you would change it back to the awesome game that it was. It used to make me feel so much better, it relieved my anxiety. It was strategic and well-paced and fun. I spent hours every night on this game. I have made friends on this game.

Now, you cannot /votekick people. Everyone can /share, the perk I bought a rank for. The towers I worked hard for are now everybody's to use. You can spam necromancer towers indescribably quickly. Games turn into stalemates, if you don't die in seconds to diamond zombies. Everything is wrong with this game.

Tower Defense desperately needed an update. It was so ignored, unloved, uncared for. It needed an update. But it didn't need this. This is awful. I don't think I will ever play again unless something changes. I am in tears... Maybe that's pathetic... But I can't believe this...

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
Why did you do this? This is the worst thing that you could have done to this game. This was my favourite game. I am devastated at what you have done here. I wish you would change it back to the awesome game that it was. It used to make me feel so much better, it relieved my anxiety. It was strategic and well-paced and fun. I spent hours every night on this game. I have made friends on this game.

Now, you cannot /votekick people. Everyone can /share, the perk I bought a rank for. The towers I worked hard for are now everybody's to use. You can spam necromancer towers indescribably quickly. Games turn into stalemates, if you don't die in seconds to diamond zombies. Everything is wrong with this game.

Tower Defense desperately needed an update. It was so ignored, unloved, uncared for. It needed an update. But it didn't need this. This is awful. I don't think I will ever play again unless something changes. I am in tears... Maybe that's pathetic... But I can't believe this...
They removed votekicking because too many teams used it on too many occasions. Sometimes, players that didn't deserve to be kicked were kicked. It was mostly abused by those that sought to play only with their friends. To fix this, many have suggested removing the /votekick feature altogether, however, there were also suggestions for maps with smaller team sizes.

I like the idea of everyone being able to use /share, but that wasn't the case from the very beginning. I'd be upset about the perk being available to everyone if I had bought a rank too. I didn't, just because I didn't want people accusing me of being a "pay to win" player.

As for spending hours on this game and making friends, I've done the same. It's true that I haven't been playing much, but that's due to my circumstances outside of my gaming life. (Basically, my internet connection's very unstable unless I'm the only one using it.)

I don't feel this game needed a total re-balancing, and I'm going to miss the old game like crazy... I have been missing it all summer long. The changes to the game have removed the previous emphasis on proper tower placement, resource management, strategy, and so on. It's a devastating blow to many of the players that truly appreciated what this game was before the update.

There's a thread about the classic mode being brought back too. I'd like it if the game went back to the way that it was before.

Jstt

Jan 5, 2016
I think nobody asked for total rebalance, just the weapon skins or cosmetic changes, but also new mobs, towers, etc. to shake up the game. Rn it sucks. Sorry, but you did screw up CubeCraft

Reactions: Arwen314 and zlooof

YNDIDON

Mar 6, 2016
Slovakia
Hello guys. I used to play good old TD a lot. At first i was happy that there is new update, because i waited for it. I said to myself : maybe they added new towers or troops, lets look at it ! But when i joined a game, i was shocked. Chaos. After a while i found out how things work. But i wasnt happy at all. There is why : Random prices of towers. Maybe i dont get it but why?? Why are towers so expensive and troops so cheap? It used to be strategic game but with this ratio expensive towers : cheap troops you end up chasing troops with your sword. At least in the first minutes. More so if you have bad team. When i talk about bad team..... Where did go votekick command? Why i cant kick teammate who literally does nothing or even worse who does everything wrong? Next thing what disappointed me is upgrading of towers. You cant upgrade towers without chosen paths from their owners. So there will be towers with 0 or 1 upgrade and you cant do nothing about it. When you want to put leach tower, you just cant because *insert random nick* put it already in the back, where no troops ever went :D Now about troops upgrading. This wouldnt be bad if price ratio of towers and troops was balanced. But it isnt. You can hardly upgrade one or two towers and you already see zombies V passing by. In my opinion, this speeds up the game and it should be called tower offence, haha. If you survive first part of game, you will get into more peaceful part of game which will last until armageddon. Now you can build towers and upgrade goldmine, upgrade troops etc. Classic. But there are flaws i already talked about. You cant kick a nasty teammate and you will have towers of 0 or 1 upgrade everywhere...So preparation for rush or armageddon will be harder (without valid reason). When you let the game be long, you have to upgrade troops you will use for attack. It can be really annoying, believe me. Also new cooldown for elixirs.. I know why it was added but from lone wolf perspective it means you just cant rush properly. If you have organised team, well. But when you play alone, it can be problem. For command share.. I dont really care, i won many many games without it (im stone rank) and i dont need it to win. IMO all players have to have the same conditions in game, no matter which rank they are. Command share is way to transit money to player who has unlocked strong troops, thus he can send it much sooner than he normally would. It is good thing that the conditions are the same for all players now. But thats not what i wanted to talk about :P Old TD used to be strategic. Now it isnt. Maybe full team of organised utopist teamers will like it but 99% of games will be seriously flawed. Im sorry. To be little constructive, i think it wouldnt be bad idea to bring old td back, so players can choose. Sorry for long post, i just wanted to share my feelings and to see if somebody agrees with me or im the weird one :D P.S. I know many of problems would be solved just by communication with other players, but i have played TD a lot and i can honestly say that most of players never answer. Bye!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

bye bye jujutsu kaisen hello one punch man
Eli
Alright, I have all the data for the forum statistics and curiosities thread, it took me multiple days to get it! The current program I'm using has a processing time of almost 23 hours! Had to use two computers to cut it down to 11.5 hours haha

1714578753386.png
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I go meow
Its was a long time didn't post here
But i reach to day a special nember of
1000048598.png
msg in the forums 888
Top Bottom