Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Well those threads are usually meant to just have their question answered, the creator of the thread most likely doesn't want it to become a "hangout"

To add on, locking the thread helps stop people from repeating the same answer over and over again even after the question has been answered.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
I mean even if the questions are answered it’s still a place for people to hang out.
Hang out and do what exactly? When you make a thread about a certain topic. Discussions in that thread should only be related to that topic and any thread that fails to stay on topic is against this rule in the rule book and will get locked:
  • No pointless threads/posts. This includes posts unrelated to the topic, excessive bumping, derailing threads, etc.
Depending on the type of thread “hanging out” while staying on topic can be rather difficult, as there’s no more you can say on the matter, so to prevent repetition and spam these types of threads are usually locked.

Reactions: Axyy

TheSweetSuitMan

May 31, 2017
Roosendaal, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Forum questions are not only for the people that ask the question to find the answer but also for people with the same answer finding good information about the topic. Leaving a thread open when the question already has been answered lowers the amount of good info that a thread has regarding an issue, making it more difficult for people to find the answer to their (similar) question. When a question has multiple answers like 'what is your favourite colour and why?' extra replies do add to the conversation, but with 'How do you make a sword?' there is only one answer.
If you want to 'hang out' a thread should be a discussion, not a question.

Reactions: TheZigbot9000
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Who Invented Jumpbridging/Mj Bridging?

I need help uncovering the history of Bedrocks Most popular Method
If you know any old time players that might know something contact me on my discord
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
My discord is : aviussabes​

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday have an awesome day today! ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Res734's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on BladeBreakerMC's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom