Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do yall think?

• Total voters

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Ok, for a long time, Ive been really frustrated about the pregame system of games like solo eggwars and skywars. The problem is that (with the exception of projectiles on skywars) the voting results for items/health are determined when the game starts, not before. This means if it's a tie, you won't know which one it will be. This is mostly due to the fact that solo gamemodes don't have a pre lobby, the way team modes do. In team modes, there is a pre lobby, at the end of the countdown timer, the voting results come in, and players are teleported to their cages. Thats not how it works in solo, as solo doesnt have the pre lobby. If you like the gapple kit in normal eggwars, and the iron kit in op eggwars, you dont have the chance to switch which kit you take, since by the time you know what mode it is, the game has already started, and you cant change your kit.

I have 2 ways I think this could be handled.

Option 1 - A pre lobby in solo gamemodes

The pre lobby system would be brought to the solo gamemodes. When you join, you join the standard pre lobby for that gamemode. During the wait time, you can vote, chose team (not in skywars) and choose kit. At the end of the timer, the voting results come in, and you are warped to your cage for 15 seconds, before the game begins. During that 15 seconds, you can change your kit. (like if you have the kit you use in op eggwars selected, but the game your are in is normal eggwars) This would be the system I would prefer, as it would be more consistent with team modes.

Option 2 - Lock voting 10 seconds prior to game start

This is the system that is already in place with projectile voting on skywars, and it could be applied to all voting. When you join a game, you are immediately warped to your cage. You can then vote, and change your kit. 10 seconds prior to the start, voting is locked, and the results come in. You can then change your kit again, if you want to.

So yea, thats my suggestion, hope yall like it. It's something that has been bugging me for a while, and I hope everyone agrees that something needs to be changed.

Thanks, and have a nice day :)

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
Option 1, it's a really nice feature and it is definitely useful. Say on skywars you got the tank kit but it was op chest items, then the iron armour is useless and you want the healer kit instead. 2 is a bad idea because people get tpd to cages mid the 15 seconds so they never get a chance to vote

Reactions: wxzzrd

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
I’ve made a suggestion on how a pre-lobby could work; even on Java with the lower player count. Basically, it allows players to build around on the map that they will be playing on before the game starts. They have infinite blocks and can go wherever they want. They’re also able to vote for the game mode during this period. Once the game is full, and the players are teleported to their cages; the votes are closed, the blocks are cleared, and the game begins the 10 second timer. It’s hard to explain thoroughly how this works in written format, so forgive me if I did a bad job explaining. :))

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
I’ve made a suggestion on how a pre-lobby could work; even on Java with the lower player count. Basically, it allows players to build around on the map that they will be playing on before the game starts. They have infinite blocks and can go wherever they want. They’re also able to vote for the game mode during this period. Once the game is full, and the players are teleported to their cages; the votes are closed, the blocks are cleared, and the game begins the 10 second timer. It’s hard to explain thoroughly how this works in written format, so forgive me if I did a bad job explaining. :))
I want this on both platforms, and I don't even play java

Reactions: wxzzrd
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hqteful wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Kazwa wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Thank you for the follow!!
Critly wrote on Egg🥚's profile.