Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see something like this added? "Desert Classic"

• Total voters

AROBLAM

Feb 23, 2014
Circleville, Ohio
www.youtube.com
I've been working on a project with a couple of my friends to restore/revamp the classic Assassination map. The building designs are mirrored directly to the block, and you can't even tell it apart from the old map. I've been using old footage/gameplay from several years back to figure out what things look like and where they go. I have brought back the simplistic, yet satisfying look to Assassination, while also adding features and mechanics that will improve gameplay for the better.

KEEP IN MIND that this is NOWHERE NEAR completion and is only to give you guys some examples of what is to come. Please leave positive/constructive responses, and tell me how you think we could improve this for the better

2017-08-27_10.31.17.png

Above is a shot of two tall houses with their canopies being displayed. The canopies aren't too far off to make this look strange, and they add more escape and parkour abilities.All of the canopies on the houses will be purple, except for a very select amount of blue ones. That will be explained soon. :)

2017-08-27_10.29.07.png
A simple shot from the top of a tall house to show you some of the scenery. There will still be a few trees spread across this map, and I've also reused the merchant tent idea from the newer map to add little tiny marketplaces in spots that looked barren. We want the map to have a "crowded" kind of look anyways, and this really brings it together.

2017-08-27_10.29.20.png
Another shot from on top of a house. This just shows some of the distant houses and more of the merchant tents I was talking about.

2017-08-27_10.29.56.png
You're probably a little thrown off by this one so let me explain. This is a very simple new house design created for a very specific reason. There will only be a few of these houses, and they will only be located around shops. These stair-houses exist because we developed a new way to prevent shop campers.
Normally, if you were ever losing a fight and running away, you'd make it right to the entrance and instantly be swatted down by some iron/diamond scum. We found a way to work around this. The purpose of the stairs is to make a seamless way to climb up to building height without the use of slow climbing, (parkour and ladders). This is because if you're running away and don't have enough gain to climb a ladder, you can just boost yourself to building height with one of these few houses. Now you're probably questioning the purpose of this? The purpose of this quick access to higher up is that we have added small openings onto the sides of the 2nd stories of the shops. These are very small, player sized holes, just big enough to squeeze through. If you jump down onto the shop and jump in through the side, the chances of getting shop camped are drastically reduced. If you think about it, shopcampers wont get up high where they can possibly be hurt, they'll just want to abuse the regular entrances. So for the skilled players who need a fast escape without getting picked off by a camper, this is how you do it.
THE BLUE CANOPIES MARK THE HOUSES WITH QUICK STAIR ACCESS

2017-08-27_10.30.30.png
Here is a picture of me standing in one of those said holes in the sides of the shop. The holes are only on the sides that have the windows on ground level. You can just hop down and squeeze through this and land safely in the shop.

2017-08-27_10.30.49.png

One more little shot of distant buildings to get your interest peaked. Just think about all of the ways you can maneuver around these and develop your chest route? 0-0

Reactions: MimicPanda

vinlir

Jun 14, 2015
Belgium
www.youtube.com
I didn't play the old map a lot, I liked it though. But I feel like the current dessert map is better. Assassins doesn't have enough players for 3 maps rn, I wouldn't mind if they replaced trees with this map though. Also, I rather have them improve gameplay then adding a new map. But I do like this maps and the mechanics you added are really cool.

Jorn_N

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
I've been working on a project with a couple of my friends to restore/revamp the classic Assassination map. The building designs are mirrored directly to the block, and you can't even tell it apart from the old map. I've been using old footage/gameplay from several years back to figure out what things look like and where they go. I have brought back the simplistic, yet satisfying look to Assassination, while also adding features and mechanics that will improve gameplay for the better.

KEEP IN MIND that this is NOWHERE NEAR completion and is only to give you guys some examples of what is to come. Please leave positive/constructive responses, and tell me how you think we could improve this for the better

View attachment 136893
Above is a shot of two tall houses with their canopies being displayed. The canopies aren't too far off to make this look strange, and they add more escape and parkour abilities.All of the canopies on the houses will be purple, except for a very select amount of blue ones. That will be explained soon. :)

View attachment 136895 A simple shot from the top of a tall house to show you some of the scenery. There will still be a few trees spread across this map, and I've also reused the merchant tent idea from the newer map to add little tiny marketplaces in spots that looked barren. We want the map to have a "crowded" kind of look anyways, and this really brings it together.

View attachment 136896 Another shot from on top of a house. This just shows some of the distant houses and more of the merchant tents I was talking about.

View attachment 136897 You're probably a little thrown off by this one so let me explain. This is a very simple new house design created for a very specific reason. There will only be a few of these houses, and they will only be located around shops. These stair-houses exist because we developed a new way to prevent shop campers.
Normally, if you were ever losing a fight and running away, you'd make it right to the entrance and instantly be swatted down by some iron/diamond scum. We found a way to work around this. The purpose of the stairs is to make a seamless way to climb up to building height without the use of slow climbing, (parkour and ladders). This is because if you're running away and don't have enough gain to climb a ladder, you can just boost yourself to building height with one of these few houses. Now you're probably questioning the purpose of this? The purpose of this quick access to higher up is that we have added small openings onto the sides of the 2nd stories of the shops. These are very small, player sized holes, just big enough to squeeze through. If you jump down onto the shop and jump in through the side, the chances of getting shop camped are drastically reduced. If you think about it, shopcampers wont get up high where they can possibly be hurt, they'll just want to abuse the regular entrances. So for the skilled players who need a fast escape without getting picked off by a camper, this is how you do it.
THE BLUE CANOPIES MARK THE HOUSES WITH QUICK STAIR ACCESS

View attachment 136898 Here is a picture of me standing in one of those said holes in the sides of the shop. The holes are only on the sides that have the windows on ground level. You can just hop down and squeeze through this and land safely in the shop.

View attachment 136899
One more little shot of distant buildings to get your interest peaked. Just think about all of the ways you can maneuver around these and develop your chest route? 0-0
Cool

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom