Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
So recently, a friend of mine purchased a plugin called NetworkManager for our MC server and there's a feature there which I really thought would benefit Cubecraft. I'm not saying that Cubecraft should use the plugin I mentioned, however, I'm saying that Cube should develop it's own system for this. The Hive MC network also has this feature and it's very helpful to punish rule breakers with.
I also suggested this feature about 1-2 years ago when I was still in the staff team. Pretty sure every staff member agreed with me lol.

upload_2018-9-2_11-21-2.png

HOW DOES IT WORK?
/chatlog [playername]

This generates a web link showing the recent chat messages the player has sent in a certain timeframe.
Here's an example:
upload_2018-9-2_11-24-2.png

Sorry @FireExcalibur10. You were my test monkey on this feature. :p
Screenshots are removed as a way of providing evidence for chat reports and players MUST create chat logs when reporting chat offences.

WHY?

FAKING A MINECRAFT CHAT SCREENSHOT IS EASY.
A Minecraft screenshot can easily be faked and therefore fake reports are easy to get away with.

Just earlier today, there may be a possible fake chat report incident occurring:
upload_2018-9-2_11-29-58.png

Obviously, I don't know if it is fake or not, however, the chat log system would ensure there are NO fake chat reports. c:
If the report is fake in that certain incident, then you've most likely drove away another player from the network who *possibly* didn't do anything wrong!

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
In my opinion, this could only be useful. If they start using this plug-in, less fake reports would be made and more fake-reporters could be punished. Great idea!

1) I doubt Cubecraft would use this particular plugin. They must develop this feature by themselves like Hive have.
2) There would be absolutely 0 fake reports from chat and there would be no need to punish fake reporters as it won't be possible to fake a report with this system.

Reactions: remio

Elenahh

Forum Veteran
Apr 10, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
The chat log that Taco is thinking about isn't the same as what I am suggesting. Please read the entire thread.
I read the entire thread, no worries. I just said that they're already considering adding a chat log, so it doesn't really matter for me which one of the logs will be added (yours or Tacos one) if in the end, the result remains the same - no more false mutes.

Reactions: Nikoshka

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
Huge +1 from my side even though this would destroy the databases:rolleyes:

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Huge +1 from my side even though this would destroy the databases:rolleyes:

How would it destroy databases? I'm fairly sure this would be more lightweight than the current screenshot reports system where it saves all report screenshots onto a link...

SoppeJam

May 10, 2017
How would it destroy databases? I'm fairly sure this would be more lightweight than the current screenshot reports system where it saves all report screenshots onto a link...
That's true, but there are less screenshots uploaded then chatmessages sent at one day.
Believe me, the size of a database holding chatmessages of every player online will grow faster then you can imagine.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Would this chatlog be visible to those who are reporting or?
'Cause if so, doesn't it seem like a bit of a privacy breach seeing as there's countless methods to chat privately with people on the server? Even if we excluded those ones (party chat, msg, fmsg, team chat), should we just have a system to automatically determines what the reporter can see in the chat log?

All of this sounds unnecessarily complicated for something that could be as simple as a normal chat log where you could just use the text finder function on your browser to find a phrase. It means that the reporter won't have to learn how to use another element in the report system, making it more accessible for everyone. It'd take barely any dev time too.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Would this chatlog be visible to those who are reporting or?
'Cause if so, doesn't it seem like a bit of a privacy breach seeing as there's countless methods to chat privately with people on the server? Even if we excluded those ones (party chat, msg, fmsg, team chat), should we just have a system to automatically determines what the reporter can see in the chat log?

All of this sounds unnecessarily complicated for something that could be as simple as a normal chat log where you could just use the text finder function on your browser to find a phrase. It means that the reporter won't have to learn how to use another element in the report system, making it more accessible for everyone. It'd take barely any dev time too.
I think only staff should be able to use this feature, and I think that's what Nikoshka suggested.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I think only staff should be able to use this feature, and I think that's what Nikoshka suggested.
I don't think that's what he's trying to suggest, as he clearly mentioned that the players have to make the chat log:
Screenshots are removed as a way of providing evidence for chat reports and players MUST create chat logs when reporting chat offences.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I don't think that's what he's trying to suggest, as he clearly mentioned that the players have to make the chat log:
Yes, that would make it difficult. But, if there would be a bot that creates the chat logs, things would be easier. Only moderators and higher staff would be able to watch them. So that would cause less fake reports.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Yes, that would make it difficult. But, if there would be a bot that creates the chat logs, things would be easier. Only moderators and higher staff would be able to watch them. So that would cause less fake reports.
Y..yes... that's effectively what I was saying in the first post:
All of this sounds unnecessarily complicated for something that could be as simple as a normal chat log where you could just use the text finder function on your browser to find a phrase.
This wouldn't need a command or a change to the current reports system, seeing as it'd be staff-only. And it's by far the simplest solution to false reports.

Reactions: Nikoshka
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on SAASD's profile.
Hey pro! Long time no see, Hru? :D
Reesle wrote on itsmochhi's profile.
Thanks for everything! Hope you have a good life.
As per the removal of the design team CubeCraft will now remove the Moderation team due to them costing CubeCraft the same amount of extra money - nothing.
Reesle wrote on Tommy Boi's profile.
Congrats on 300 reaction score!!
Top Bottom