Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Team Chat be Enabled Before the Game Starts?

• Yes, while you are waiting in your glass box.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes, in the lobby.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO! This is a horrible idea and you are worthless!!!

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeDaKing

Apr 1, 2016
Eggwars Map Teaparty
Problem/Annoyance

This is a pretty small suggestion, but I think it is pretty important. So, in most games, you are not allowed to chat until the game starts. I think this is so people don't beg for Overpowered and other settings, and there probably are other reasons. I think that in games like Team Skywars and Team Eggwars, you should be able to talk to your team before the game starts. When I am playing Eggwars, I always get iron for blocks right away then rush to the middle, without getting any armor, to be the first person in the game to the middle. I like to be able to tell my team that I am going to do that, so not everyone goes to an iron generator leaving me to sit and wait. The beginnings of games are a very important part. It is good for the whole team to have a plan before everyone drops out of their little glass boxes.

Solutions
There are two ways to make talking to your team before the game possible. One way is to make Team Chat allowed before you drop from your glass box, another, possibly more complicated way is to enable team chat in the lobby. I know you can talk to your team in the lobby, but you don't want to scream your game plan out to everyone else. The problem I see with this solution is that people can join a team just to hear their plan, and then go to a different team. Any ideas?

Clacks

Nov 30, 2016
Qatar
You will only be waiting for around 10-20 seconds before the game starts. So I guess that's not to much, since games gets filled up quickly. Also, you could let your teammates know before going to the game, While waiting you could check who is your teammate, then you can tell them. Even if your alone and random players joined your team, they can also beg for overpowered. So I guess they shouldn't enable team chat while waiting for the game to start.

MikeDaKing

Apr 1, 2016
Eggwars Map Teaparty
You will only be waiting for around 10-20 seconds before the game starts. So I guess that's not to much, since games gets filled up quickly. Also, you could let your teammates know before going to the game, While waiting you could check who is your teammate, then you can tell them. Even if your alone and random players joined your team, they can also beg for overpowered. So I guess they shouldn't enable team chat while waiting for the game to start.
good point.... it would be tricky

Rob_the_Giraffe

Novice Member
Mar 2, 2017
https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
I do not see how his is useful as you are only waiting for about 20 seconds before the game. Not a lot of things can be asked in 20 seconds so I don't think that this will make the experience any better. I am sorry but I am not going to support this thread for this reason

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
If you want to tell your team mates something in the little time you have in the glass cage, why don't you just type it up in the glass cage, hit enter and when you drop out while in chat hit the up arrow and just say it again so your team sees it?

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Problem/Annoyance

This is a pretty small suggestion, but I think it is pretty important. So, in most games, you are not allowed to chat until the game starts. I think this is so people don't beg for Overpowered and other settings, and there probably are other reasons. I think that in games like Team Skywars and Team Eggwars, you should be able to talk to your team before the game starts. When I am playing Eggwars, I always get iron for blocks right away then rush to the middle, without getting any armor, to be the first person in the game to the middle. I like to be able to tell my team that I am going to do that, so not everyone goes to an iron generator leaving me to sit and wait. The beginnings of games are a very important part. It is good for the whole team to have a plan before everyone drops out of their little glass boxes.

Solutions
There are two ways to make talking to your team before the game possible. One way is to make Team Chat allowed before you drop from your glass box, another, possibly more complicated way is to enable team chat in the lobby. I know you can talk to your team in the lobby, but you don't want to scream your game plan out to everyone else. The problem I see with this solution is that people can join a team just to hear their plan, and then go to a different team. Any ideas?
You can also msg that person, i don't have the problem that i want to say something to my teammates before the game starts. But keep on the good ideas bro!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Problem/Annoyance

Solutions

I had originaly supported you but after hearing others opinions I began to understand more... Its not really a good idea... People need to communicate... Like team color...

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
You can also msg that person, i don't have the problem that i want to say something to my teammates before the game starts. But keep on the good ideas bro!
If you can't talk before the game starts, you neither can msg someone.
---------------------------
I'm against this idea as you can't say very much within 20 seconds, also you can talk in the waiting lobby if it's something very important. I don't agree.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Against this idea, itd just make the waiting longer while from my experience I noticed maybe 5% of all the teammates I get paired with actually speaks in chat. On games like Eggwars there often is a little waiting involved because not everybody can get enough iron at once. Those first few minutes are perfect for discussing some tactics if you so desire. Games like skywars and survival games are a little harder to discuss strats in as they are really fast paced from start to finish but tbh, if I ever try to use a tactic in skywars it's either "build mid" or "attack neighbours" which I'm sure you'll be able to say in chat while the game is being played as it are only 2 words.

If you can't talk before the game starts, you neither can msg someone.

You can still /fmsg and /p chat while waiting the last few seconds for the game to start.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Problem/Annoyance

Solutions
It isn't that long, but if you are playing with your party mates and you use /p chat, then you can actually.

I don't see how it would make a difference, it doesn't seem necessary either..... if it gets added however, I do not mind.

Reactions: Gaaabb

ToastO_O

Sep 7, 2016
Egypt
Problem/Annoyance

Solutions
There's no point to do that!

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
To be honest for a team game I think this is a good idea. You can go over game plans a lot easier and when you have the time to. People are also more likely to be looking at the chat and notice what you say rather than missing it in a rush to get to the generators in eggwars your items in Skywars so you don't get rushed by another team yourself. (You have less chance to have that random steve wandering about not knowing where they are going then because they are more likely to have been looking at chat)

Oh well though...

Reactions: MikeDaKing
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Robbedz's profile.
Thanks for everything
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Silverlace's profile.
Thanks for everything
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Bedankt voor alles cookie, ik wens je veel succes in de toekomst :)
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for everything Egg, wish you good luck :)
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
This all so unexpected, thanks for everything, wish you good luck in the future Soul
Top Bottom