Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Today i'm just gonna tell something about some pvp maps.
Why am i writing this suggestion?
I play pvp often, but in some maps you
just can't pvp, i'm annoyed by it.
Here are two screenshots from
the 'good' pvp maps. ;)

And here are two screenshots from
the 'bad' pvp maps.:(

Hopefully the 'staff' team will do something
with my thread, because in these maps you just
'can't' pvp, and players keep running away.

Thanks for reading! :D

Attachments

• 2017-08-08_13.47.12.png
    2017-08-08_13.47.12.png
    543.5 KB · Views: 421
  • 2017-08-08_13.50.43.png
    2017-08-08_13.50.43.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 404
  • 2017-08-08_13.49.02.png
    2017-08-08_13.49.02.png
    598.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 2017-08-08_13.44.53.png
    2017-08-08_13.44.53.png
    919.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Pvp is not just who can hit their sword on the best timings. It's also about dodging and surprising.

The "blank" playgrounds are perfect for getting good combos and finishing the game early, but would you consider that a good fight?

I wouldnt, I see a fight as a good one when there is a bit of chasing and duking involved, making it so much more thrilling and fun. The maps with some rocks and lava really are more enjoyable when you're 1v1'ing for the fun of it, not just for the "ez wins".

Yes I do totally agree with it, people just keep running away! @Efcluke94
That's also doable on the blank playgrounds and if you never manage to catch up to runners, you're doing something wrong, as a chaser you have the advantage of seeing where your opponent goes and therefor you can take a faster path.

Reactions: Sophie and Gaaabb
L

Lepzi

Yeah you should be able to choose the maps you play on because most of these map I absolutely despise they either just run or if it is the candy one they just hit you into the void or that trees one where you just can't fight.

Reactions: Gaaabb and CubeTale
F

Facelurite

No. No no no. These maps are fine the way they are. They encourage tactics and strategy and promote parkour skills rather than plain pvp.

Look , those pvpers, they are no lifers , having 50-60 days on duels. Most of us have no chance against them. I can hold my own against many , but not all.

I prefer using my intellect and good judgement to win fights rayher than muscle memory , developed by clicking a mouse and staring at a screen for hours.

Please dont change anything about these maps

Reactions: Sophie and RPoule

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
No. No no no. These maps are fine the way they are. They encourage tactics and strategy and promote parkour skills rather than plain pvp.

Look , those pvpers, they are no lifers , having 50-60 days on duels. Most of us have no chance against them. I can hold my own against many , but not all.

I prefer using my intellect and good judgement to win fights rayher than muscle memory , developed by clicking a mouse and staring at a screen for hours.

Please dont change anything about these maps
A map with lava isn't a pvp map for me anymore.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I have to admit I prefer the flat duel maps. I find the other maps quite annoying because you rarely get the chance to have any kind of fight on them let alone a good fight. There are some that are ok to fight in like the lava river map, but then there are maps like the one where the ground is literally almost all lava and the one where you spawn with a house in your face.

I think there should at least be a building height limit. The main thing that really annoys me is the players that immediately start building up to the top of the wall when you are using a kit that has blocks.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
My favorite maps are the flat ones, but there's also others which are fun to do so you can apply your own tactics to it.
The lava map you showed above is actually pretty fun as most people always try to knock you into the lava.
The other lava map (volcano) basically forces you to learn how to traverse dangerous terrains while fighting others, so I don't think that should be removed either.
Another map that lots hate is the small forest one since there's too many elevations for a smooth fight. I agree, but it also makes it a contest on who can keep the downhill advantage for hitting people. Look at this short clip for instance:
I was stuck on the higher elevation, meaning that I couldn't hit him while he was hitting me. This is because your range starts at your head. His head could reach my feet, but my head couldn't reach his head.
Later on in the fight I turn the tables and get him stuck there instead.
Pretty fun if you ask me!

The only one I hate when people run is the fairy lake map. People just end up running in circles forever or jumping into the water to regen.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I think some of the maps are genuinely annoying, like the one with the pond in the center that just seems to be there for players to run around to prolong the game. Ot the one you posted with the lave that only seems to be there for people to camp on one side waiting fot their opponent to jump over.

But I don't think all maps should be flat, having some obstacles, height differences and even water/lava adds to the diversity of the game and makes it less boring to play multiple times in a row. Also it helps you learn to play in terrain that will occur in minigames like skywars.

I think some really obnoxious maps should be changed and I would like to be able to affect the chances of a certain map being selected in a random duel by having the option to select your favourite maps in the settings. I suggested that here a while ago, it would make if you like flat maps and select all the flat maps as your favourite, it would make those a lot more likely to be chosen in random duels.

Reactions: Jaistrix
F

Facelurite

My PvP style involes using environment to its full advantage. I parkour across lava and tend to win all fights that have difficult terrain.

I only fought a good pvper and lost on a flat map. The next time i saw him, i nearly git killed if it wasnt for the water . I baited hom into it, thanks to the water a was able to outplay him and win.

D0RIAN

Mar 3, 2017
Belgium
Today i'm just gonna tell something about some pvp maps.
Why am i writing this suggestion?
I play pvp often, but in some maps you
just can't pvp, i'm annoyed by it.
the 'good' pvp maps. ;)

And here are two screenshots from
the 'bad' pvp maps.:(

Hopefully the 'staff' team will do something
with my thread, because in these maps you just
'can't' pvp, and players keep running away.

Thanks for reading! :D
Yes, they just want to hit u in the lava in that map :/ +1 :D

Reactions: Gaaabb

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
the 'good' pvp maps. ;)
I only see one? Oh wait, they have different backgrounds. Aside from that, there's no reason for these two maps to coexist.

If you remove the diversity and uniqueness from the maps then you may as well only have one map. Either way, the game will become stale and repetitive at a much faster rate than it does currently. This is of course, the reason that we have so many maps for every single gamemode in the first place.

Perhaps you should add a poll to the thread? People seem to have conflicting opinions, I'd be interested to see which side is most popular.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom