Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello CubeCrafters :D
I hope you are all good & safe =D
Today, I'm back with a new suggestion

The suggestion is to reduce the time of permanent ban/mute to 1 year (But the player must apply to check if he really wanna continue play).
If you can do it for all players, you can make it an exception for ranks (specially Diamond & Higher).

Why did I think about this idea ?
Because some old players took bans when the anti-cheat was broken so these bans affect on them. Like if someone took 2 bans, the next one will be permanent. So, I think the permanent ban become a 1 year ban, it will be better.

How long will the next ban be after the 1 year ban ?
It's up to the staff. But, I hope it can be any time except permanent. It might be another period of time like another 1 year or 2 years, etc.

Why should we reduce the time period of permanent bans/mutes ?
Because the server will lose many players. Also, maybe they were buying a rank soon but they got banned so they stop thinking about that. Furthermore, we should give people another chance as a kind of forgiveness.

I hope I covered everything about this topic
Feel free to give me your opinion about this topic :D
Thank you for reading <3

- maflenoo

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
Nah, if people get either muted or banned, 9/10 it's justified.
And if you just follow the rules you don't get muted, or if you did (perhaps unjustified), just file a appeal. I am kind of a toxic player, but I just follow the rules and never got muted. So I don't see why this should be changed.
I agree with you. But I'm talking about players who got unfair banned & their applies have been denied.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Mutes should stay perm. If you get a perm mute you most likely deserve it, if you don't your appeal will be accepted.
About bans, I'm a bit sceptic for different things. I'll sum them up.
  1. For illegal clients I'd like to see a 30day- 1 year - perm change. But if you hack three times, you shouldn't be unbanned automatically.
  2. Teaming/cross teaming, they can move the perm ban with a year ban in between. Removing it is fine as well for me. Teaming is a problem, but it is easy to change that.
  3. The trolling punishment track is fine for me. you get a warning and 3 bans before a perm. You should know by then not to do it.
  4. Camping, same story as trolling.
  5. Bug abuse, no perm ban needed imo.
  6. Multi accounting, deserves a perm ban. Especially for lb players.*Beta Eggwars...*
  7. Submitting fake evidences can stay as it is. This is something that I really despise. And really shouldn't be tolerated.

Reactions: maflenoo

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Let me explain straight up why I think this is a bad idea.
The idea of the permanent punishment is, to make players to think about their faults and to make them to apologise, , not just to wait.
If there is a set time, it will pass and players won't learn anything from it, and here we go, they will most likely break the same rule once again.
If we want to keep our network safe and clear, we shouldn't suggest ways for them, to evade the permanent punishment, such as ranked exceptions.
One purchasable privilege shouldn't separate players like this, at all.
Everyone who broke the rules should be punished, even if they have a higher rank.
Sure, they support the server, but that will encourage them to brake the rules even more, simply because they will be protected, because they supported the server greatly than the lower ranked players?!?!?!?
Exceptions shouldn't be made for anyone.
In my opinion, there are absolutely no real arguments in this suggestion, which can make to think, that this is a good idea, sorry.

Reactions: Vict0r and maflenoo

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
The idea of the permanent punishment is, to make players to think about their faults and to make them to apologise, , not just to wait.
If there is a set time, it will pass and players won't learn anything from it, and here we go, they will most likely break the same rule once again.
If we want to keep our network safe and clear, we shouldn't suggest ways for them, to evade the permanent punishment, such as ranked exceptions.
Everyone who broke the rules should be punished, even if they have a higher rank.
Sure, they support the server, but that will encourage them to brake the rules even more, simply because they will be protected, because they supported the server greatly than the lower ranked players?!?!?!?
In my opinion, there are absolutely no real arguments in this suggestion, which can make to think, that this is a good idea, sorry.
Ok if someone knew his fault and want another chance, will he buy another account and lose all he did for that ?

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Ok if someone knew his fault and want another chance, will he buy another account and lose all he did for that ?
I gave a friend my account for hypixel, because he was banned. Then he started hacking on my account, and i got perm banned. I just knew it was my fault, because I shouldn't have given him my account. Then I bought a new account, new ranks and others. So yeah. He should start again. If other people can he can.

Geodas11

Dec 1, 2019
Europe - Czechia
In my opinion punishment by hacking need to as strictly as possible. Yes, i am talking about hacking, not another punisments. I dont think that someone who is hacking want to purchase something. You said that - when Anti-Cheat was broken. In this case i agree with that when someone is banned by Sentinel (Anti-Cheat), their punisment can be reduced, but when a player created a report to hacker, that hacker need to have very strictly punishment (in my opinion, of course), because that player, who reported him spent some time on that report. I am always waiting so long, when i am uploading a report on YouTube (my internet is not that fast), and then i am creating report, and this also take some time (correct gamertag, reason...). And then someone from staff need to punish that hacker. All this work is only because some stupid idiot have decided to hack on the server. In this case i want that player to have pernament ban. I dont want to see these players back on the server, because they were hacking. I have big rages, when hacker kill me

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion punishment by hacking need to as strictly as possible. Yes, i am talking about hacking, not another punisments. I dont think that someone who is hacking want to purchase something. You said that - when Anti-Cheat was broken. In this case i agree with that when someone is banned by Sentinel (Anti-Cheat), their punisment can be reduced, but when a player created a report to hacker, that hacker need to have very strictly punishment (in my opinion, of course), because that player, who reported him spent some time on that report. I am always waiting so long, when i am uploading a report on YouTube (my internet is not that fast), and then i am creating report, and this also take some time (correct gamertag, reason...). And then someone from staff need to punish that hacker. All this work is only because some stupid idiot have decided to hack on the server. In this case i want that player to have pernament ban. I dont want to see these players back on the server, because they were hacking. I have big rages, when hacker kill me
I completely agree with you. Any ban/mute can be reduced except hacking.

Reactions: Geodas11

Vict0r

Jun 5, 2020
I totally agree with you. I think it is a bad idea too.

Sharz

Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2015
Barcelona
www.youtube.com
Hello, I wouldn't change the permanent ban for a 1 year ban. I think this would be a really big step in the wrong direction and can have a lot of bad consequences to the server:

Why did I think about this idea ?
Because some old players took bans when the anti-cheat was broken so these bans affect on them. Like if someone took 2 bans, the next one will be permanent. So, I think the permanent ban become a 1 year ban, it will be better.

If they've been unlucky and they've been banned unfairly, they all have the opportunity to appeal. It's possible to see if it was a false positive, so then the punishment is being removed.

About the fair bans, I just cannot imagine the idea of unbanning thousands of alts used by a hacker, some of them have a lot, and it will be like you're giving them the opportunity of doing it again. Not mentioning that all the effort that we've made to report and ban them (moderators, players, anticheat...) would have been completely useles.

Why should we reduce the time period of permanent bans/mutes ?
Because the server will lose many players. Also, maybe they were buying a rank soon but they got banned so they stop thinking about that. Furthermore, we should give people another chance as a kind of forgiveness.

Instead of "the server will lose many players" I see it as "the server will lose many hackers", and that's what we need. Hackers are not getting a permanent ban immediately, they're getting first a temporary ban which is like a warning. With this they're already having the "chance" that you're saying above, and if they decide to continue hacking after that they are getting the permanent ban.

So for me it's definitely a no, it's a risky idea and it can have a lot of consequences, it can even get to a point where there would be no possible solution.

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
For players to be permanently banned by Sentinel, they would need to be banned 3 times without any appeal being accepted. This makes it near impossible for a user to be permanently banned falsely by Sentinel without staff intervention. For me, I will accept your appeal if you are honest and you keep your word. You don't follow these rules, your appeals will most likely get denied in the future.

For someone who has been permanently muted, they usually have committed egregious offenses, or many offenses repeatedly. Depending on the circumstance, they may sometimes get their punishment lightened. This does not happen often though.

In summary, people who have punishments considered permanent are justifiably permanent. Here at CubeCraft, we believe that people can deserve a second chance, and sometimes even a third. We structure our punishment system to give people the opportunity to correct themselves, and to help mitigate any false punishments with redundancy. If people are permanently punished, they got there for a reason.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hqteful wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratsss Front enjoyed mentoring you! o7
Hqteful wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats Schulzis, welcome to the team!! 🎉
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
thank you for everything!
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratss my friend! <3
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss Frontt! <3
Top Bottom