Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Hey ya'll! I was pretty bored today, so I decided to take a stab at redesigning the CCG Website using my MLG-Superstar Microsoft Paint skills. I've kept the writing to a minimum for a change, so all you've gotta do is observe! :eek:

The forums homepage
The forums homepage has a couple of new features, and in the below screenshot, you can see the 'Greek' theme on display :)
upload_2017-8-13_22-1-25.png

What has changed:

-New 'Appeal' option on the top ribbon
-New 'Themes' option on the top ribbon
-New 'Heroes' option on the top ribbon
-New 'Apply for staff' option added below top ribbon
-Background, banner, and 'Apply for staff' button are all customisable via 'Themes' option
-Rank is displayed on your profile banner
-Trophies replaced with medals
-Staff application section of 'General' replaced with 'Guides - Staff picks'

Themes
When clicking on the 'Themes' button, you'll be brought to a new page where you can select a theme. See below:
upload_2017-8-13_22-51-17.png

What has changed:

-New section, 'Themes', has been added
-Ability to change your theme
-Ability to purchase new themes
-Ability to browse free, donator-exclusive, purchase-exclusive, and special-exclusive themes
-Can view recently purchased themes
-Can search for themes

Heroes
By clicking the 'Heroes' menu, you'll be able to preview various leaderboards' and "first-times". See below:
upload_2017-8-13_23-8-58.png

What has changed:

-New section, 'Heroes', has been added
-Can view a global leaderboard of any game via the forums
-Can view your standing of any game via the forums
-Can search for a player's standing on any game via the forums

Staff-picked guides
Staff can now move well-made guides to this area of the 'General' section, for all newcomers to see!
upload_2017-8-13_23-17-54.png

What has changed:

-New section, 'Guides', added under 'General'
-Staff can now move well-made guides to this area
-Necro-posting is legal in 'Guides'

Medals
Trophies have been replaced with "Medals". Medals are the same as trophies, however there's also a wide array of them to be earned in-game. They do not offer a score per say, so all that will be displayed is the number of medals that you have.

What do you think? Would you like to see any of these changes added to the forums in a future update? Also, what do you think of my new profile picture selfie? Pretty neat, huh? c:
Look, I don't usually ask for likes on threads, but this took me three hours! So err... please like if u enjoyed the thread! c;

Edit: Changes explained in slightly more detail
Heroes

The "Heroes" tab introduces in-game leaderboards to the forums. All you have to do is select the game, and you'll be taken to its corresponding leaderboard. Here, you can search for a specific player's ranking overall, view the stats of the top players, and more.

Themes

The "Themes" tab allows you to change your theme. What this means, is that the banner at the top of the forums, the sides of the page that are otherwise blank, and the new "Apply for staff" button, are changed to fit the theme in question. You can access a handful of themes for free, however more are available for purchase or as donator perks.

Furthermore, you can unlock "special" themes through events. They might include social media giveaways, competitions, in-game achievements, etc.

What I intend is for there to be potentially hundreds of themes to choose from; you aren't only limited to what's shown in the screenshot.

Staff-picked guides

As the staff applications section of the forums will be moved to a button beneath the website banner, it will be replaced with 'Staff-picked guides'. This is a section where staff members (Mod+) can move community-made guides that they deem to be of high quality. This is to encourage the production of higher quality threads on the forums.

Medals

"Medals" will be replacing the Trophy system. They can be earned both in-game and on the forums, assuming you've linked your in-game account to your forums account.

Additional features

Lastly:
-Your in-game rank is now displayed on your profile
-New sections of the website have been added to the website's top ribbon

Gotta sleep in ten minutes so I don't wake up at 1pm again gn x

Last edited:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey ya'll! I was pretty bored today, so I decided to take a stab at redesigning the CCG Website using my MLG-Superstar Microsoft Paint skills. I've kept the writing to a minimum for a change, so all you've gotta do is observe! :eek:

The forums homepage
The forums homepage has a couple of new features, and in the below screenshot, you can see the 'Greek' theme on display :)
View attachment 136479

What has changed:

-New 'Appeal' option on the top ribbon
-New 'Themes' option on the top ribbon
-New 'Heroes' option on the top ribbon
-New 'Apply for staff' option added below top ribbon
-Background, banner, and 'Apply for staff' button are all customisable via 'Themes' option
-Rank is displayed on your profile banner
-Trophies replaced with medals
-Staff application section of 'General' replaced with 'Guides - Staff picks'

Themes
When clicking on the 'Themes' button, you'll be brought to a new page where you can select a theme. See below:
View attachment 136482
What has changed:

-New section, 'Themes', has been added
-Ability to change your theme
-Ability to purchase new themes
-Ability to browse free, donator-exclusive, purchase-exclusive, and special-exclusive themes
-Can view recently purchased themes
-Can search for themes

Heroes
By clicking the 'Heroes' menu, you'll be able to preview various leaderboards' and "first-times". See below:
View attachment 136483
What has changed:

Staff-picked guides
Staff can now move well-made guides to this area of the 'General' section, for all newcomers to see!
View attachment 136484
What has changed:

-New section, 'Guides', added under 'General'
-Staff can now move well-made guides to this area
-Necro-posting is legal in 'Guides'

Medals
Trophies have been replaced with "Medals". Medals are the same as trophies, however there's also a wide array of them to be earned in-game. They do not offer a score per say, so all that will be displayed is the number of medals that you have.

What do you think? Would you like to see any of these changes added to the forums in a future update? Also, what do you think of my new profile picture selfie? Pretty neat, huh? c:
Look, I don't usually ask for likes on threads, but this took me three hours! So err... please like if u enjoyed the thread! c;

I'm sorry but meh...
I like fourms the way it is and this seems to big and complicated...
Sorry but I hate to say this
+0

Reactions: Shayley

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I'm sorry but meh...
I like fourms the way it is and this seems to big and complicated...
Sorry but I hate to say this
+0
It might look complicated, but only a couple of new buttons have actually been added. Basically:
-Can view the leaderboards' via the forums
-Can change the theme of the forums
-New staff application button
-Player-made guides section

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It might look complicated, but only a couple of new buttons have actually been added. Basically:
-Can view the leaderboards' via the forums
-Can change the theme of the forums
-New staff application button
-Player-made guides section

Leaderboards ehh not nessisary and takes space... Kinda cool... I guess
Meh I want custom themes if at all... But then UCKY... CCG should decide since they payed to have that...
Why thou? I mean serious we don't need so many shourt cuts to make life ez I really think this is not at all needed
You made em all already...

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
Wow it looks amazing , i only don't see why some of the features are needed.
Heroes
upload_2017-8-13_23-8-58-png.136483
Like i don't get why you would add this option but for the rest it looks amazing. I hope that the themes get added they will look great next to the forums !

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_AmazingWays_

Jul 11, 2016
Reprotland
Heroes
View attachment 136483
What has changed:

Look, I don't usually ask for likes on threads, but this took me three hours! So err... please like if u enjoyed the thread! c; [/QUOTE]
I generally hate changes to the forums, but the Heroes section sounds neat. I'd love to see that back in a future update.

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
I love it all. I love the effort but into it. I love the leader board. I love that ranks have additional features and I love how you made this in Microsoft Paint and not in photoshop or writing it in HTML/CSS and still make it look legit.

One thing that I will have to say though is that I'm not 100% fond to the themes. None of them really suits me and they don't seem to be Minecraft related which CubeCraft is, but other than that, it looks great! :)

Reactions: SrKlompenstein

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
I like the idea of in-game ranks actually having a function on the server, not just a prefix like others suggested.

Reaaally like the idea of being able to change the theme :) great combination of the 2 ideas.

Maybe custom themes, allowed from gold/diamond+ ? That'd be cool as pretty much everyone will want a theme that suits their status, I like chickens, you're Athena, @Yutoshi and @Cynamooo (srry for using you couldn't think of anything better) will probably want cat-relates themes so instead of cubecraft adding all those themes, why not allow the users to make their own custom theme and share it under the themes tab for others to use?

Reactions: Cynamooo

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I like the Heroes section, the rank display, the medals and the staff picks.

I wouldn't want to use a theme, I think useability is most important for the forum. I actually changed some small things in a custom css file that would probably break, but I never missed fancy background images.
I don't see people appealing bans on the forum that often, since they get told where to appeal in the ban message. I assume poeple that don't even read that message won't look through the forum navigation before posting at any random place.
The appeal for staff link might reduce the amount of people asking where to do that, but again, I don't see that too often and honestly, people that don't manage to find the link currently aren't going to make good moderators.

Being able to view and compare people's in game stats on the website would be great and I have been missing that feature quite often. Earning medals in game to brag with them on your profile sounds fun.
The Staff Picks section seems useful and the name seems like it would contain many unofficial threads from users instead of only a few official stickies, making it more likely to actually find something you're looking for.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I like the idea of in-game ranks actually having a function on the server, not just a prefix like others suggested.

Reaaally like the idea of being able to change the theme :) great combination of the 2 ideas.

Maybe custom themes, allowed from gold/diamond+ ? That'd be cool as pretty much everyone will want a theme that suits their status, I like chickens, you're Athena, @Yutoshi and @Cynamooo (srry for using you couldn't think of anything better) will probably want cat-relates themes so instead of cubecraft adding all those themes, why not allow the users to make their own custom theme and share it under the themes tab for others to use?
I considered that, though I thought it'd be more beneficial to the management team if players could buy themes for a small price. That way, they could make a large variety of themes, and distribute them across either the store or the donator ranks. The ability to create your own theme could be made an Obsidian+ rank perk, however. It would be a unique enough perk to perhaps encourage people to buy the rank.

Reactions: RPoule
D

Deleted member 169486

I like the themes and buttons, however, I don't really think the guides are a good idea.

G

Gamerfull

Good Job Snap! I would like to change some things in the forums so perfect +1

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom