Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
I have noticed that some creators find it difficult to create content on the server and honestly so do I. On Java it's even harder since there are less game but that shouldn't make a difference, I will be giving my ideas on how the server could possibly improve the system, this also goes for ECO's since they are really important as well.

1. Creators & ECO's should be able to host private games with bigger maps for tournaments or community games. People love it when they can play with their favorite creators and they're most likely to stay on the server after that experience. Cubecraft has made really big maps for Bedrock already so I doubt that they couldn't do that.
  2. Give ECO's & Partners access to deleted games such as Among Slimes, Minerware, & Infection. Those kind of games are also really fun to play with the community or your viewers + they're really unique and shows others what cubecraft is capable of.
  3. ECO's & creators could also be given buildperms in Free For All (private games) to host fun activities. This could also be done as an official community games thing where the player wins a rank for example.

These are some of the ideas I had in mind, I would just give partners more freedom in general so they don't have to message the staff-team about it constantly. After all they are the ones who'd have to bring new players to the server with their content.

Last edited:

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
Give ECO's & Partners access to deleted games such as Among Slimes, Minerware, & Infection. Those kind of games are also really fun to play with the community or your viewers + they're really unique and shows others what cubecraft is capable of.
This is not possible as all older games still use old and outdated code that doesn't match our current framework. This means they no longer function and would have to be completely written up from scratch with the new game-framework codebase.

Creators & ECO's should be able to host private games with bigger maps for tournaments or community games. People love it when they can play with their favorite creators and they're most likely to stay on the server after that experience. Cubecraft has made really big maps for Bedrock already so I doubt that they couldn't do that.
This is not possible because it would require new maps for each game targeted at different numbers of players. We can't do one map for 20, another for 40-50-60-100, etc, all on the same design. It would get repetitive and require much extra work from our design team. That work also brings financial decisions into the mix. Nothing would be gained from trying to attempt this from both standpoints, and if there was, the reward would be very little to non-existant.

Reactions: Reesle

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
This is not possible because it would require new maps for each game targeted at different numbers of players. We can't do one map for 20, another for 40-50-60-100, etc, all on the same design.
To add onto this, although the player and team amount can't be changed at will we do offer all maps even seasonal to our partners. Meaning they have access to 40 (5x8) player eggwars maps even on Java.
ECO's & creators could also be given buildperms in Free For All (private games) to host fun activities. This could also be done as an official community games thing where the player wins a rank for example.
I really like this idea though.

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
This is not possible as all older games still use old and outdated code that doesn't match our current framework. This means they no longer function and would have to be completely written up from scratch with the new game-framework codebase.

This is not possible because it would require new maps for each game targeted at different numbers of players. We can't do one map for 20, another for 40-50-60-100, etc, all on the same design. It would get repetitive and require much extra work from our design team. That work also brings financial decisions into the mix. Nothing would be gained from trying to attempt this from both standpoints, and if there was, the reward would be very little to non-existant.
can someone explain me why tho. Im a developer and the only reason i would understand why it wouldn’t work is if you guys added a lot of features that are version dependent like when using nms. If i update to a newer version in my code most things in bukkit dont break. Unless the source code is like so old that some methods need to be changed to make it work. But i still dont understand why it would be such a hard task for cubecraft.

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
can someone explain me why tho. Im a developer and the only reason i would understand why it wouldn’t work is if you guys added a lot of features that are version dependent like when using nms. If i update to a newer version in my code most things in bukkit dont break. Unless the source code is like so old that some methods need to be changed to make it work. But i still dont understand why it would be such a hard task for cubecraft.
I'm ofc not a dev but it's a bit more than just updating to the new version, which went from 1.12 to 1.19 in one go and is now on 1.20. It involved a lot of code cleanup and standardization as well, which does require a lot of rewrites.
To quote from some other threads;
For our 1.19, we've made many technical changes to allow us to develop and improve our games and updates faster. Here's a list of improvements we've made:
  • Standardized our codebase between Java and Bedrock to make updates across both platforms easier
  • Fully implemented GameFramework across our network, enabling more possibilities
  • Bringing code up to date enables easier support of new versions Minecraft features as they are released
As you know, over the last 9 years of existence, CubeCraft has developed a lot of games for you all to enjoy. Although some games have gone through major rewrites, we are always running into issues of technical debt - throughout the years, many inconsistencies have popped up within our game code which has led to slight deviations across common features within games (e.g. kits / Armoury) and has made it a challenge for developers to not only create new games but fix bugs within existing ones.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island

Basiclly just admitting you don't get enough players on the server. Good job broski 💀

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
In my opinion Bedrock already has a lot of those big maps that could be transferred to Java as well for private games. Let's not forget that a lot of money has been spent on Among Slimes in the past, it would be a waste to not use it anymore.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom