Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Camel

Jun 12, 2015
Ok so I made the Post wrong ;-; Please delete the First one @Soph

Usually when it says "Can't resolve hostname" the Ip is usually typed in wrong, or maybe missing a certain number. This has happened when I try to join servers then I look at the ip and put it in again, (Correctly) then it works.

If that isn't the case try these steps, I'm not aware of your OS so here is a Guide for each.

• Platforms
Mac OSX

1. Go to System Preferences and choose Network.

2. Under Network, make sure that Wireless is selected (if using an ethernet cable, please select ethernet on left side).

3. Select Advanced and then go to the DNS Section of this menu.

4. Navigate to the + sign below the 'DNS Servers' Section, click it.

5. There, type in 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220 (you may add both, but one should work alone)

6. If this does not work, Click Cancel, and then at the bottom click Revert

Windows

Dialup Users:
1. Go to My Computer>Dialup Networking.
2. Right-click your internet connection and select Properties.
3. A window will open - click the Server Types tab. Click TCP/IP Settings.

Other Users:
1. Go to Control Panel>Network Connections and select your local network.
2. Click Properties, then select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
3. Click Properties.

Once at the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties:

1. Click Advanced, and Navigate to the DNS Tab

2. Add the DNS Servers of 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220 (you may add both, but one should work alone)

3. If these steps do not work, you may visit the following links:
Windows 7: https://www.opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/how-to-change-dns-servers-in-windows-7/
Windows 8: http://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowled...-address-and-DNS-Server-Settings-on-Windows-8

Linux/Unix/BSD

I have not used Linux/Unix systems in awhile, but this will help you to add the name servers using the shell/terminal. You do not need to do the steps after ADDING THE NAMESERVERS. THE NAMESERVERS LISTED AT THE LINK ARE THE SAME AS : 208.67.222.222 / 208.67.220.220
Help/Setup http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-linux-bsd-unix-set-dns-nameserver/

If this Doesn't Fix your Problem then I don't know what will fix it, If you need any Help regarding Pc Cleanup, Virus Removal, Vpn (Sock5,http) or any internet trouble in general feel free to msg me Im Glad to help :)

astrochango

Aug 3, 2014
Hello @Camel ,
I has read your post from other forum's post before, but I did not follow these steps. I want to avoid setting Google DNS or OpenDNS addresses, for two main reasons:
  1. Privacy
  2. Network conflicts with current LAN infrastructure
In a few days I will update the entire OS to newest version, taking advantage of its newest release.

astrochango

Aug 3, 2014
Today I solved it. For linux users based in RedHat's architecture (Centos or Fedora), this team releases its OS with OpenJDK version instead Oracle's Standart Edition. So, looks like this native version contributes to keep issues about Minecraft server's connectivity specifically at spawn time.
How do I suspect this? Recently I updated Android Studio to newest version. It has been told me since few days ago that OpenJDK shows intermittent performance and UI issues. Cool, nice advice! So, How can I solve it?

1. Install the Oracle's JDK version

2. Update java path from previous to newest version:
sudo alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/java/latest/bin/java 1

Set the new path using "update-alternative" command, then just select the appropriate path:
sudo update-alternatives --config java

Selection Command
-----------------------------------------------
* 1 /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.79-2.5.5.0.fc20.x86_64/jre/bin/java
2 /usr/java/latest/bin/java
3 /usr/java/jdk1.8.0_60/jre/bin/java

Once selected, you should verify java version doing javac -version after all. Minecraft will start with jdk architecture from now avoiding all previus problems discussed at this thread.

Reactions: PartyBlaze
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom