Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello, as you might know, nitro boosters have the power to change their own nickname. I was againts this but could not reply because it was already implemented.

I was againts this change for nitro boosters for 2 reasons.
Reason 1: Nitro boosters already have much features compared to non-nitro boosters. This was just too much in my opinion.
Reason 2: I was scared for abuse by nitro boosters, it could be changing their nickname to something innapropiate, or impersonating staff, or change it just to bully someone.

And someone abused this power, it doesn't matter who did it. It happend, and it can happen again anytime. That shouldn't happen, this is preventable if only staff can change nicknames.

I did some research, and staff would never nick someone if they try to impersonate, or if the nickname is targeted at someone in a bad way
"<person> smells/<person> is a idiot".

I think it is for the better that nitro boosters can't change their nickname, to prevent abuse.
And ofcourse, not every nitro booster is some person that wants to nick themself to something innapropiate, most of the nitro boosters are fun and nice people who don't abuse their powers.

Let me know what you think about this toppic and if you agree or disagree. Have a nice day!

Ximenaa

May 10, 2018
Meh, only 3 or 4 of us actually use this feature. And why would someone, who's spending money in that server, would want to get banned/kicked by changing their nicknames to an inappropriate one, i dont think they would do it tbh

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
So far only nitro boosters have replied, as an outside opinion, someone who impersonates someone should have permission (and evidence of that permission) for doing so.

There should be clearer guidelines around this instead of 'stick to normal rules' because there are multiple loopholes, that I wont mention, so it should be clarified.

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I personally think it should stay the way it is, unlike other members of the server, nitro boosters are actually basically paying the server every month/year so I think they do deserve to have access to changing their nickname.

If someone decides to have an inappropriate nickname it'd be taken like any other person who has an inappropriate username- they'd be told to change it if they're caught and if they don't comply they'd be punished for it or I'm pretty sure staff members can change it themselves. I don't really see why a nitro booster would even want to do that in the first place since they're spending their money for that role.

I also don't think it's really unfair since others without the role can also boost the server to have the same privileges if they ever had the money for it/wanted to.

Last edited:

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I would say just keep it like this and add a rule that says if you do this you can lose nitro booster role:kick and invite again loses role:
I believe you get banned from the discord for an inappropriate nickname, or at least warned. I think that they should still have the feature, because it’s a fun perk for helping the server.

cisean

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
nitro boosters just have more perks to promote people to nitro boost to overall help the server have more perks

I agree with just punishing someone who puts an inappropriate name, but also like you said not all the boosters are like this so why take the fun away from everyone for a few peoples mistakes!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom