Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Just a random question, is camping even allowed?
As long as it isn't skybasing, yes.
Do you mean building a skybase isn't allowed, even if you don't camp in it?
I'm pretty sure that simpy building a skybase is allowed.
Perfect, that means I'm safe ;)
From the official rules:

"No Camping/Skybasing
Camping refers to intentionally isolating yourself from your opponent to force a game into a stalemate. Skybasing is a form of camping in which you make a base high in the sky out of reach of most players. Neither of these are allowed. Fortifying your island to protect your egg in Eggwars does not qualify as camping."

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Why should the game be ruined to cater to people who purposely lose? The essence of camping is to not do anything to try to win, it's just a delayed loss. The only way campers win is if the other people quit, which means they entirely rely on other people to lose instead of doing anything to make themselves win. Playing against a camper doesn't mean you lose, it's actually usually pretty good news because the vast majority of campers I face are actually really bad, once I (and usually my friends as well) get to their island it's like shooting fish in a barrel because the campers don't think that far they just think they're invincible if they're in their little fort.

I agree. Just because someone is camping doesn't cause a loss. I'm talking about the people who will prolong a game for multiple hours. I'd leave if the game gets past three or four hours with no progress. Usually, I've dealt with campers by that time.

I couldnt care less. Eggwars is great with campers . Lovely game its so much fun to grind up to them and slay them. I feel empty after playing eggwars games withour a camper

Elytras are just absurd in EW . Ill straight up say that. Slime i agree with you . If people cant deal with base campers its their fault . People are too slow at eggwars and thus people start camping . Aggresive play is a big mystery to eggwars players.

I dont have a problem with e pearls since theyre so expensive . I admit i hate losing to campers , but i rarely do . I remember having to use intellect to get to campers at steampunk and skybridging in aztec . Fun games

Campers do make a game more interesting. That's true. I hate the idea of elytra in eggwars, and I'm fine with epearls on OP. I hate people who complain because they lost one game to campers so they request something that would utterly ruin the game (elytra). The problem with epearls on normal is that you don't have to save up as many diamonds to get good gear. That means that people can get epearls much faster. I don't like epearls because even if you aren't camping they bypass all the defenses you've built.

Reactions: Hypixel Network

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Unfortunately ender pearls are being added anyway in the next update

It's a true shame that we need to have those in normal to satisfy the population. I just wonder why people NEED to win every game to be happy. We lose once in a while, and so what? It's a game! I've said in another post:

"Just look on the good side of things, ignore the bad parts, unless you REALLY need to focus on them. In a game you're playing for enjoyment, even if you lose, just know you enjoyed it while it lasted. Don't worry that you lost. You had fun. People get mad at me for being so laid back, but it makes me happier and less stressed. Then again, everyone needs to vent once in a while, even if you do what I do. Sometimes life is hard. I got off topic, but my point is, eggwars is a game. Enjoy it. Don't stress over it unless you're playing competitive tournaments for prizes. But I don't think that there are professional e-sports eggwars games, are there."

Reactions: Hypixel Network

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
People seem to not enjoy campers . I understand why they want pearls though. It doesnt seem fair when they lose by getting hit off. I for one think that camping is my favourite part of eggwars . The lack of camping pleblords is the reason i dont play as much . I miss campers , i really do ...

Anyhow , since they are adding pearls anyway i think that the price should be hightened to two stacks of diamonds .
I think its going to be 64 in normal mode

Regardless of what cubecraft does there will always be campers though . Im not too worried.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Time for a rant.

Here's how often I kill "annoying people":

Skybasers / Under Island Campers - 99%
Base Campers - 98%
Crossteamers - 95%
Bowspammers / Island Runners - 90-95%
Spleef People - 90%
Tryhards - 85-90%
Golden Apple Chuggers - 80%
Hackers - 70-75%
Mid Campers - 15-20%

So before you argue back and say "Just deal with a loss and it's a legit strategy" please think again. It's a completely broken strategy, even more than hacking is. And before you say "Hacking is against the rules" I have the ability to do it, so it should still count.

It's a true shame that we need to have those in normal to satisfy the population. I just wonder why people NEED to win every game to be happy. We lose once in a while, and so what? It's a game! I've said in another post:
So basically you're saying we need to mid camp if we want to not have campers. Cause it's the ONLY way to fully stop them.
"Just look on the good side of things, ignore the bad parts, unless you REALLY need to focus on them. In a game you're playing for enjoyment, even if you lose, just know you enjoyed it while it lasted.
AFKing for 25 minutes is not "enjoyable"
If you took long enough to let the campers start camping, just deal with the fact that you lost.
It takes literally 40-60 seconds to get a punch bow. Please explain to me how you eliminate the entire map in 40 seconds, I'd be interested to learn your strategies.

EDIT: When we face mid campers, we don't want to spend 20 stacks of gold to build an obsidian safe bridge against TnT cannons.

Last edited:

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Guys... the argument "Its a strategy" is completly dumb. Cubecraft decides whats allowed and what isnt. Camping isnt banned supposedly because "its a strategy".
Well under that rule teaming hacking trashtalking should all be allowed since they can be considered "strategys". There is literally 0 reason not to ban camping. It can make games last for a long time. Everyone except the players camping arent having fun. This is basically saying that they are weighting all campers against the rest of the players...

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Time for a rant.

Base Campers - 98%
Crossteamers - 95%
Spleef People - 90%
Tryhards - 85-90%
Hackers - 70-75%
Mid Campers - 15-20%

So before you argue back and say "Just deal with a loss and it's a legit strategy" please think again. It's a completely broken strategy, even more than hacking is. And before you say "Hacking is against the rules" I have the ability to do it, so it should still count.

So basically you're saying we need to mid camp if we want to not have campers. Cause it's the ONLY way to fully stop them.

It takes literally 40-60 seconds to get a punch bow. Please explain to me how you eliminate the entire map in 40 seconds, I'd be interested to learn your strategies.

EDIT: When we face mid campers, we don't want to spend 20 stacks of gold to build an obsidian safe bridge against TnT cannons.
I know how to eliminate the entire map in 40 seconds. Download a hack client enable flight and killaura and then just fly around.
(I do not endorse hacking)

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Time for a rant.

Base Campers - 98%
Crossteamers - 95%
Spleef People - 90%
Tryhards - 85-90%
Hackers - 70-75%
Mid Campers - 15-20%

If you rush both the teams on your side of the game (usually maps are divided in half, with three or four teams on one side) then you should have fewer problems with campers. You can continue going to mid, getting gear, and trying to attack the campers. Camping isn't as effective when your opponent has unlimited resources at their disposal. Also, any camper can be beaten with time. That's what separates the weak from the devoted. If you're willing to put in that half an hour to beat a camper, you're an amazing person and congrats to you. If you get mad and leave, you shouldn't be playing a game where camping is so easy and something we all have to deal with.

Guys... the argument "Its a strategy" is completly dumb. Cubecraft decides whats allowed and what isnt. Camping isnt banned supposedly because "its a strategy".
Well under that rule teaming hacking trashtalking should all be allowed since they can be considered "strategys". There is literally 0 reason not to ban camping. It can make games last for a long time. Everyone except the players camping arent having fun. This is basically saying that they are weighting all campers against the rest of the players...

Hacking is for people who are crap at the game and they want to make themselves look good. It ruins the game for everyone. Camping can be dealt with and does not ruin the game for everyone. It only ruins it for people who are too busy whining about it to deal with it.

Also, if I contradict what I've said in other posts here, note: my mind is complex and I have various views on certain things. I like to look at things like an algorithm. Check off criteria, and if the criteria are met follow through with a certain action. So, that being said, I do seem to contradict myself sometimes. If you are confused with anything I've said, just ask. I'm happy to clarify.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
If you rush both the teams on your side of the game (usually maps are divided in half, with three or four teams on one side) then you should have fewer problems with campers. You can continue going to mid, getting gear, and trying to attack the campers. Camping isn't as effective when your opponent has unlimited resources at their disposal. Also, any camper can be beaten with time. That's what separates the weak from the devoted. If you're willing to put in that half an hour to beat a camper, you're an amazing person and congrats to you. If you get mad and leave, you shouldn't be playing a game where camping is so easy and something we all have to deal with.

Hacking is for people who are crap at the game and they want to make themselves look good. It ruins the game for everyone. Camping can be dealt with and does not ruin the game for everyone. It only ruins it for people who are too busy whining about it to deal with it.

Also, if I contradict what I've said in other posts here, note: my mind is complex and I have various views on certain things. I like to look at things like an algorithm. Check off criteria, and if the criteria are met follow through with a certain action. So, that being said, I do seem to contradict myself sometimes. If you are confused with anything I've said, just ask. I'm happy to clarify.
if Hacking is for people who are crap at the game then you can also ban things like bowspamming spamming someone of the edge or camping. These are all strategys mostly executed by players because they cant win the game by rushing or actually fighting people.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
if Hacking is for people who are crap at the game then you can also ban things like bowspamming spamming someone of the edge or camping. These are all strategys mostly executed by players because they cant win the game by rushing or actually fighting people.

A strat is a strat and it works for people, don't judge people by there actions like this. Its a game not everything is perfect.
Please don't say profanity reguardless how you meant it.

Reactions: CommandantSlime

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
A strat is a strat and it works for people, don't judge people by there actions like this. Its a game not everything is perfect.
Please don't say profanity reguardless how you meant it.
Dont reply without reading the entire thread. Just because its a strat doesnt mean it is ok. Teaming can be a strat. Hacking can be a strat... that argument is invalid

CommandantSlime

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2017
Dont reply without reading the entire thread. Just because its a strat doesnt mean it is ok. Teaming can be a strat. Hacking can be a strat... that argument is invalid

Yes, but those "strategies" are totally unfair. Not everyone wants to risk getting a virus downloading a hacked client just to have a chance at the game. Cross teaming is an unfair advantage that not everyone can achieve or beat. Although, I do think cross-teaming against hackers is ok. My point is, they may be strategies, but they are unfair and ruin the game for everyone. Camping only ruins the game if you aren't good enough and don't have the patience to deal with them.

Also, bow spamming and spamming people off the edge isn't as bad as hacking or cross teaming. Yes, they are cheap, but they can be beaten. Plus, everyone can do them. It's a valid strategy, it's just not very skillful. Cubecraft decides what is punishable and not fair, and that's that.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom