Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
Hackers would just buy a new account and to be honest, if they use the same account back on the server they're easier to moderate if we know they've been banned before than if they have a total new name.

Reactions: MorganPlayzMc

O_O

May 31, 2014
One question if you're a banned donator do u get your donation back?

curtdawg

Apr 16, 2014
I agree (not only because I'm banned) @Aimee2323 is right ppl deserve a second chance and it helps support the server. 1) more question : do alts or friends accounts uve used get unbanned?

WolfWhispers

Forum Expert
Nov 19, 2013
People know the rules. No server out there promotes people to hack. Although they knew it was wrong, they did it. In assassinations, before people are banned for hacks, they have killed so many people before being banned. They can just go buy and unban and the people who lost their stuff to the hacker might just leave the server because of frustration. There are not many servers who allow people to buy unbans, because in the end, you may be losing more players than you are gaining.

Reactions: kadeplays

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
Right, so, here it is. Aimees list of nces and cons:

Pros:
It would generate a lot of money for the server. A lot of people that buy an unban are serious about not hacking anymore, and some may even help catch hackers and help get rid of some. It could make the player count higher as some hackers would be unbanned and play frequently as legit non-hacking players. Most players know the consequences and won't hack again, as they know they will be banned.

Cons:
People could hack again. A player sees a hacker and this could make them leave the server. However, I'm too lazy to write it again so let me quote what I said earlier:
But, think about it, you were banned for hacking, you know what happens when you hack, you know that before you get back on you should remove the hacks. Out of the 25 people I reckon about 5 will be dumb enough to hack again, then get banned again and then they can't come back. But, if the price were to be £15 the 25 people would have made the server £375 and say we lose 1 player per hacker that is on the server, considering that most people don't donate, we would probably lose about one donator which is £10-£150 pounds if they saw 5 hackers and left, less than half of the price of the 25 hackers that payed to get back, and we gain more players that payed to get back on the server and don't hack.

Not completely sure about my logic there but still..

Solutions (Just some ideas..):
Only be able to buy an unban once, and this is strongly told whilst buying an unban.
The ability for staff members to not let some particular people to buy an unban (I can think of a few..)
Maybe having something to show they have bought an unban so they can be easily moderated.

I still don't really have a strong opinion on this, there are pros and cons, but that's all I can think of right now, I may edit it later.

(Changed the font because why not?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom