Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
Ima keep this suggestion nice and short. Necroposting should only be allowed if people post on a thread (that isn't active or hasnt been active for 3 weeks) that gives useful information.

In summary, Necroposting should only be allowed if you provide useful information.

Thats my suggestion, cya, and have a great day!

JokeKaedee

Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dreamland
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly, sometimes you just want a last chance to have people take a look at your thread if they haven't yet. If you've mentioned everything you wanted to say/add in your thread in the first place, I don't believe there's much else to say. There's not much harm in posting a small message and letting others know you shared something :D

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
I partially agree with this idea.
I think it depends on what the topic of the thread is.

For example, according to my opinion, necroposting should not be allowed in the Feedback & Suggestions subforum. If you think about it, the reason why a suggestion will be left off for more than three weeks, is that the discussion is probably already over. If someone then comes with an interesting idea that can restart the conversation, I believe their idea should have already differed quite a lot from the original idea, so I believe that they should start a new thread talking about their new idea.

But if it is a socializing thread, for example, „What’s the story behind your username? 🎮” (link), or „Whats the weirdest bug you ever had in Minerware?” (link), I think necroposting in this kind of threads is probably not a bad thing.
But it still depends; Some kinds of socializing threads would really fall out of favour as the time pass, so hmmm... I think I will give an :unsure: Unsure right now.

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
My only issue with this is going to be what is defined as useful information? I like the idea but it would be difficult to determine that.
What i mean is if the provide information, as the information can be pretty useful no matter what way you like at. To explain further, if you already knew it, someone else most likely didn't know it so its useful.
I partially agree with this idea.
I think it depends on what the topic of the thread is.

For example, according to my opinion, necroposting should not be allowed in the Feedback & Suggestions subforum. If you think about it, the reason why a suggestion will be left off for more than three weeks, is that the discussion is probably already over. If someone then comes with an interesting idea that can restart the conversation, I believe their idea should have already differed quite a lot from the original idea, so I believe that they should start a new thread talking about their new idea.

But if it is a socializing thread, for example, „What’s the story behind your username? 🎮” (link), or „Whats the weirdest bug you ever had in Minerware?” (link), I think necroposting in this kind of threads is probably not a bad thing.
But it still depends; Some kinds of socializing threads would really fall out of favour as the time pass, so hmmm... I think I will give an :unsure: Unsure right now.
I mostly mean for threads that provide information, like question threads, or just average information threads. This will be hard to moniter, but honestly if people moniter good enough, people won't be getting banned on forums just for posting useful info.
How bout’ we just allow necro-posting considering how dead the forum is
I wouldn't say the forum is dead lol. I got 21 notifications within the time period of 1-2 days.

Honestly, sometimes you just want a last chance to have people take a look at your thread if they haven't yet. If you've mentioned everything you wanted to say/add in your thread in the first place, I don't believe there's much else to say. There's not much harm in posting a small message and letting others know you shared something :D
yeah but theres always that moment when you remember a thread when you have info to share and the thread is already past the 3 weeks limit.

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
Last post for the day, I dont get why you guys disagreed this can be helpful. I know i always say this but straight up disagreeing and not give and reason why, its just unhelpful. please say why if your reading this, as it can help change up this thread a bit to make it more friendly :)

Reactions: Silco

ATouchscreenPlayer

Nov 29, 2020
What i mean is if the provide information, as the information can be pretty useful no matter what way you like at. To explain further, if you already knew it, someone else most likely didn't know it so its useful.

I mostly mean for threads that provide information, like question threads, or just average information threads. This will be hard to moniter, but honestly if people moniter good enough, people won't be getting banned on forums just for posting useful info.

I wouldn't say the forum is dead lol. I got 21 notifications within the time period of 1-2 days.

yeah but theres always that moment when you remember a thread when you have info to share and the thread is already past the 3 weeks limit.
You make 20 posts a day

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
From my perspective, I believe especially for threads that provide information, people are very likely to have already mentioned all the useful things before the 3-week limit get reached.

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
From my perspective, I believe especially for threads that provide information, people are very likely to have already mentioned all the useful things before the 3-week limit get reached.
Thats near impossible. Theres always gonna be some useful information not shared and if you think what you said is true, look at almost all information websites. They always add more important info every year or so.

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
You make 20 posts a day
dude i havent been active for as long. i made this post and got 20 notifications. Next time i wouldnt assume. even if it was true, look at the amount of messages you have. Around 700 messages in your account. So i would assume you make 35 posts a day.

KLsz

Novice Member
Jul 29, 2020
Thats near impossible. Theres always gonna be some useful information not shared and if you think what you said is true, look at almost all information websites. They always add more important info every year or so.
My fault. You are right on this. Change my vote to :agree: Agree :)

ATouchscreenPlayer

Nov 29, 2020
dude i havent been active for as long. i made this post and got 20 notifications. Next time i wouldnt assume. even if it was true, look at the amount of messages you have. Around 700 messages in your account. So i would assume you make 35 posts a day.
theres literally no way you got 20 notifications from this post

Not everybody is as active as you and even then, less than 5 of the 20 notifications could even spark a response

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
theres literally no way you got 20 notifications from this post

Not everybody is as active as you and even then, less than 5 of the 20 notifications could even spark a response
dude have you heard of reactions? clearly you didnt because i got another 7 reactions to this post and 2 of them were messages. Also look at the amount of reactions i got.

Also, active is like being on for 4-6 hours every day 24/7/365

also assuming is not a very nice way to do to people. Next time know that a person has a life too when you say their "active" or posts 20 msgs a day.

ATouchscreenPlayer

Nov 29, 2020
dude have you heard of reactions? clearly you didnt because i got another 7 reactions to this post and 2 of them were messages. Also look at the amount of reactions i got.

Also, active is like being on for 4-6 hours every day 24/7/365

also assuming is not a very nice way to do to people. Next time know that a person has a life too when you say their "active" or posts 20 msgs a day.
1) You made 6 posts and only got 7 reactions…
2) Active does not mean 4-6hrs everyday 24/7

littlemoose1609

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
1) You made 6 posts and only got 7 reactions…
2) Active does not mean 4-6hrs everyday 24/7
dude i made one post and overnight and got many more then 7 reactions. Do you even know how to navigate the forums and how it works? Maybe i was over exagerating on the active part but active is being on every day for a few hours.

Reactions: Silco and Buckyy

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
dude i made one post and overnight and got many more then 7 reactions. Do you even know how to navigate the forums and how it works? Maybe i was over exagerating on the active part but active is being on every day for a few hours.
You should leave it here, I dont think this is a good place to argue...

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom