Votes: 30 66.7%
  • No, go away

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Maybe, do what you want

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
Erwh edit button please. And most servers dont have a budget, so I make small plugins for free :p

Reactions: not2excel

not2excel

Jun 24, 2015
Other than dark eclipse themes having the cruddy colored normal menus XD. Looks better than regurgitated trash that people post as 'tuts' on bukkit and spigot. Those are just blatant copy pastes. At least here you spent some time to reword explanations and the process without requiring the user to have some initial knowledge about their IDE and terminology.

But those pics are ugly. Eclipse needs better theme support. Or at least a better full body dark theme like intellij's darcula.

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
Other than dark eclipse themes having the cruddy colored normal menus XD. Looks better than regurgitated trash that people post as 'tuts' on bukkit and spigot. Those are just blatant copy pastes. At least here you spent some time to reword explanations and the process without requiring the user to have some initial knowledge about their IDE and terminology.

But those pics are ugly. Eclipse needs better theme support. Or at least a better full body dark theme like intellij's darcula.
I agree with the theme, but still it looks better then default, hehe. Would love to see a "IntelliJ theme"
And thanks for your feedback :)

NanoNet

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
IKEA
I really need an edit button though, now I am double posing but, if anyone is interested in how to make plugins using maven, just tell it. Can make simple guide for that
I wouldn't mind a tutorial on maven, I know there are other advanced developers in this community of ours!

not2excel

Jun 24, 2015
I wouldn't mind a tutorial on maven, I know there are other advanced developers in this community of ours!
Maven is easy to learn, very copy and paste xml snippets, simply because its so verbose remember all the plugins and their configuration options is a pain
Gradle takes more time, but it is still beautiful when u get down to the i need more than a simple lifecycle here

not2excel

Jun 24, 2015
No edit button XD
@TrinityDEV yeah no problem there. Eclipse would be fine if the rest of its ui would change to the set theme. Not just the major areas

alyphen

Jan 4, 2014
seventh-root.com
Maven is easy to learn, very copy and paste xml snippets, simply because its so verbose remember all the plugins and their configuration options is a pain
Gradle takes more time, but it is still beautiful when u get down to the i need more than a simple lifecycle here
I would disagree that gradle takes more time - it's incredibly simple and the configurations are a lot shorter. It also has the advantage of using a DSL, which you can use for scripting etc as well if you want.

alyphen

Jan 4, 2014
seventh-root.com
With regards to the tutorial itself, I'd say even for basic plugin development these days, looking into Gradle or Maven is a must. With IDEs, I'd go for IntelliJ over Eclipse, the autocomplete is better, live templates enhance productivity so much, and maven/git support is built in (as opposed to using a plugin).
I'd say it would also be better to know OOP concepts before moving into plugin development, and doing things like creating classes for each CommandExecutor rather than having them all in the main class can end up in far cleaner code in larger projects.

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
I suggest... "cmd.getname().equalsignorecase("test"))"

That way, no matter what the player types, it will still work...
Oh whoops, yeh i usally use that too, i dont even know why i did it like that here, upsie :$

Reactions: PartyBlaze

GamerKing195

Oct 15, 2015
Great job with your tutorial, definitely good for starters. For your next tutorial could you do like how to make a basic API because i'm pretty weak in that area.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
Top Bottom