Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How should sharpness be buffed?

• Total voters

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
Background:
Do you know that sharpness in CubeCraft Bedrock does not do the damage it says it should do according to the inventory and chests and I believe it needs to be fixed. CubeCraft Bedrock for some reason, follows Java 1.9 sharpness nerfs. (adds 1 damage on the first level, then 0.5 damage every level onwards). This issue has existed since the launch of CubeCraft Bedrock and it flew under the radar.

The Suggestion:
How its supposed to work is every level of sharpness is supposed to add 1.25 damage per level according to vanilla Minecraft Bedrock to match the damage number on inventory and in chests. They could fix this in one of two ways: Actually buffing the enchantment to match vanilla Minecraft, or changing the damage number shown on the inventory and chests.

Example:
A stone sword with sharpness 2 on Bedrock is supposed to add 7.5 damage to your attacks but in CubeCraft, it adds 6.5 damage instead. An iron sword with sharpness 1 and a regular diamond sword actually deal 7 damage, which is stronger than the sharpness 2 stone sword but it is supposed to be the other way around.

Damage Value Tables:
Below are the tables that show you how much damage sharpness does for vanilla Bedrock and CubeCraft Bedrock
CubeCraft Bedrock Sharpness Damage Table.png
Minecraft Bedrock and Java 1.8 Sharpness Damage Table.png

Do you agree that sharpness should be buffed to match the damage shown in the inventory? Or do you think that CubeCraft should correct the damage number in the inventory? Vote on the poll above after reading this suggestion and let me know your feedback on the idea.

GlowGamerKSA

Feb 13, 2021
Saudi Arabia
I don't think the enchantments should be buffed because I'm already used to the current one, I don't want to deal with a new enchantment system, so i think it would be best for cubecraft to fix the damage number in inventory.

Reactions: SlinkyGnu05604

Guillaumerr

Feb 21, 2023
In my opinion, the enchantement is fine. I got used to it a while ago so changing it will only make me more uncomfortable with it! Nice idea tho.

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
Background:
Do you know that sharpness in CubeCraft Bedrock does not do the damage it says it should do according to the inventory and chests and I believe it needs to be fixed. CubeCraft Bedrock for some reason, follows Java 1.9 sharpness nerfs. (adds 1 damage on the first level, then 0.5 damage every level onwards). This issue has existed since the launch of CubeCraft Bedrock and it flew under the radar.

The Suggestion:
How its supposed to work is every level of sharpness is supposed to add 1.25 damage per level according to vanilla Minecraft Bedrock to match the damage number on inventory and in chests. They could fix this in one of two ways: Actually buffing the enchantment to match vanilla Minecraft, or changing the damage number shown on the inventory and chests.

Example:
A stone sword with sharpness 2 on Bedrock is supposed to add 7.5 damage to your attacks but in CubeCraft, it adds 6.5 damage instead. An iron sword with sharpness 1 and a regular diamond sword actually deal 7 damage, which is stronger than the sharpness 2 stone sword but it is supposed to be the other way around.

Damage Value Tables:
Below are the tables that show you how much damage sharpness does for vanilla Bedrock and CubeCraft BedrockView attachment 218129View attachment 218128
Do you agree that sharpness should be buffed to match the damage shown in the inventory? Or do you think that CubeCraft should correct the damage number in the inventory? Vote on the poll above after reading this suggestion and let me know your feedback on the idea.
I highly agree! this is probably why people in OP mode take too long to die from sharp 5 or even sharp 8 swords which is crazy annoying.

• Agree

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
I highly agree! this is probably why people in OP mode take too long to die from sharp 5 or even sharp 8 swords which is crazy annoying.
Yes, the point of sharpness being buffed is to speed up games (if option 1 is voted).
As you mentioned, fights can take long even if you have the best weapons in the game if the enemy is stacked.
Sharp 5 diamond swords currently do 10 damage when they are supposed to do 13.25 damage.
Sharp 8 diamond swords currently do 11.5 damage when they are supposed to do 17 damage.
I'm interested to see if they would try this idea in a future EggWars Season.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
I had no clue the damage values were wrong…

I would love to see this fixed, but I would rather see the values be updated to match the actual damage rather than buff the damage. I think the current damages are perfectly fine and I don’t want to end up in a weird Hive situation where all the damage and resistance values are screwed up.

I hope Cube fixes the damage numbers shown on screen

pekd

I had no clue the damage values were wrong…

I would love to see this fixed, but I would rather see the values be updated to match the actual damage rather than buff the damage. I think the current damages are perfectly fine and I don’t want to end up in a weird Hive situation where all the damage and resistance values are screwed up.

I hope Cube fixes the damage numbers shown on screen
that would be nice too, many times when playing skywars, i didnt switch my stone sharpness 2 sword with a diamond sword since i thought it deals the same damage anyways.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
that would be nice too, many times when playing skywars, i didnt switch my stone sharpness 2 sword with a diamond sword since i thought it deals the same damage anyways.
I literally saw a guy switch his diamond sword for a stone sword sharpness 2 in SkyWars not too long ago and I was laughing because he didn't realize it's weaker

• Haha
Reactions: pekd

dvodany

Spytastic
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Apr 9, 2020
Czech Republic
I'm also one of those who never realised that sharpness values are incorrect on Cube. I think that sharpness should stay and displayed values should be set correctly. Reason is that most players are already used to the current sharpness.

But if this issue was realized some time earlier I would definitely say buff the sharpness, but now I think it's been so long this issue is here that I have feeling it became part of CC combat whether it's correct to vanilla or not.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss man! when 1000 👀
UncleSpect wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday Mivke! 🎈
Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Top Bottom