• Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Actually, we should nerf them.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
We should make creepers in tower defense stronger. Right now they are a lot costlier than the skeleton and even though it regenerates it still sucks even with its good damage and 2.0 speed. 4I think we should either increase their health by x1.5 or double their regeneration to make it more balanced. And if possible, a price decrease.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
IMO TD changes are very unlikely and most of these sort of suggestions are implemented in an update of the game due to testing being required.

Testing is required for these sort of changed as numbers don't mean that everything will balance correctly and there's always situations and things you may not have thought of and only with testing the change multiple times does it actually show. These sorts of changes would be easier in games like Eggwars and Skywars but IMO to get it right testing is essential in Tower Defence.

And if I'm correct that if this would be forwarded and only actually be implemented during a Tower Defence game update you can see the list of updates CubeCraft are working on(publicly) here:
1655069221024.png

Tower Defence is not on this list and it'll be likely either never on that list or take a long time to be on that list

• Disagree
Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I don’t think it’s worth marking this suggestion as planned seen how minor the tower defense playerbase is compared to other games. I think it’s more wise to focus development and admin resources on games with a larger playerbase. Tower Defense also does not have any way of monetization and this minor change will cost money but won’t bring any money back. As much as i’d love for CubeCraft to have an infinite source of money, I don’t think they would gain any from implementing this change.

Disclaimer: I have no idea about the server team their opinion on this thread. I based this comment on how many paid staff members there are (70+), with about 20-30 of them being full time employees. Doesn’t seem like a TD update will cover the costs for it. So again, this is based on my own idea and not the server team.

Last edited:

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It's sad how games are put in a downwards cycle because they don't 'retain or gain' members as they are updated. The last TD update was 504 days ago already and counting (this one) and before that it took 1233 days. Because the game doesn't get updates, less people are interested in playing it, making it less 'worth' to update it, receiving less players, etc etc.
The exact same thing happened to Assassinations and many other games that have been removed in the past. I fear for TD to be honest, but I hope not...

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
It's sad how games are put in a downwards cycle because they don't 'retain or gain' members as they are updated. The last TD update was 504 days ago already and counting (this one) and before that it took 1233 days. Because the game doesn't get updates, less people are interested in playing it, making it less 'worth' to update it, receiving less players, etc etc.
The exact same thing happened to Assassinations and many other games that have been removed in the past. I fear for TD to be honest, but I hope not...
You are right, when a game doesn't get updated for a long time, people start losing interest on it, which leads to an unavoidable lose of players. I also understand CubeCraft's point, as they are an enterprise and their objective is to earn money, which they don't get from TD as paid ranks don't give any benefit there. However, it's sad to see so many gamemodes fall in this cycle to end disappearing after some time.

Also, some developing decisions CubeCraft has taken recently don't really make sense, for example, Magic and Mayhem, which was a game that took them a lot of months to develop and a lot of effort. They didn't get any direct income from the game, as there were no ranks for i, and they only created a few small content packages for Bedrock. However, despite all the effort developing took to them, it ended disappearing less than ONE month after its release.
That developing time would have been a better investment if they used it to update the rest of games that are on the Network, if they knew since the beginning they were going to remove Magic and Mayhem a month after being released.

Conclusion: They spent a lot of money, earned nothing, wasted a lot of valuable development time, which caused a considerable lack of updates in the rest of games. And if all this wasn't enough, most of the community got angry because of Magic and Mayhem's closure. (Same happened with the easter gamemode they released the last year btw).

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
I don’t think it’s worth marking this suggestion as planned seen how minor the tower defense playerbase is compared to other games. I think it’s more wise to focus development and admin resources on games with a larger playerbase. Tower Defense also does not have any way of monetization and this minor change will cost money but won’t bring any money back. As much as i’d love for CubeCraft to have an infinite source of money, I don’t think they would gain any from implementing this change.
Like Minerware which has an average of ~60% of the playerbase of Tower Defence
1655122955053.png

From my viewpoint, Team CubeCraft never really gave Tower Defence a chance. There has been a grand total of 2 updates (and a small balancing one) over the last 6 years.
On top of that, last update wasn't very successful due to many misunderstandings between the community and Team CubeCraft. Besides that, various things were planned but never done. The amount of time scheduled for the TD update was also decreased.

I'm quite curious to see what would happen if they treat it as Battle Zone when it was first added. 7 updates in 1,5 years, wow!

As a response to the suggestion itself: the last revamp wasn't finished. It definitely needs either a balance change, another revamp or Inferno needs a balance change. Personally, I'm a fan of the last option.

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
I also understand CubeCraft's point, as they are an enterprise and their objective is to earn money, which they don't get from TD as paid ranks don't give any benefit there.

Not true, to make a very important difference in TD (Double Income) which is by far the most popular pricing and also standard game mode for tournaments, you need the Gold rank. Almost everyone who fell in love with TD and plays somewhat more seriously either buys Diamond or Gold to vote.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Not true, to make a very important difference in TD (Double Income) which is by far the most popular pricing and also standard game mode for tournaments, you need the Gold rank. Almost everyone who fell in love with TD and plays somewhat more seriously either buys Diamond or Gold to vote.
Well, then there are no arguments to understand the lack of updates in Tower Defence. I think CubeCraft just hasn't planned their updates correctly.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
For some reason the forums isn’t allowing me to quote posts but @Shotgun the MinerWare rank on Bedrock is a direct form of monetization, whereas TD doesn’t have a rank. I also highly doubt players would purchase a rank just to have voting options in TD, or it would be a very low amount of players.

Reactions: Shotgun

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
Because it’s a Java game. They don’t benefit from ANYTHING from Java except games like maybe EggWars and I don’t even play it as long as I’m on Java edition. Maybe it will make a large difference if they also added it to Bedrock.

Reactions: Shotgun and Matriox

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Because it’s a Java game. They don’t benefit from ANYTHING from Java except games like maybe EggWars and I don’t even play it as long as I’m on Java edition. Maybe it will make a large difference if they also added it to Bedrock.
This is exactly why Java will be closing down. I don't understand a lot of the decisions that are made. Maybe that's because I'm looking at the front-end only, maybe because I'm a driven community member rather than a staff member, but it really saddens me to see Java getting abandoned as it gets right now.

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
This is exactly why Java will be closing down. I don't understand a lot of the decisions that are made. Maybe that's because I'm looking at the front-end only, maybe because I'm a driven community member rather than a staff member, but it really saddens me to see Java getting abandoned as it gets right now.
Well, it happened to Hive, might as well happen to CubeCraft as well. I’m also surprised Mineplex is still up on Java. Bet Hypixel would be erased from existence in just a few years?

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Clovate's profile.
Heya cool person!:D
Xi1m wrote on Frontlane's profile.
genius idea frontland
IMG_8850.jpeg
GiGaGekkies wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations...
GiGaGekkies wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I knew it! Congratulations
Top Bottom