• Yes

Votes: 40 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 36.2%

• Total voters

Zaphly

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I would like to inform you that as CubeCraft no new games added to the server, that the server will end up dead. Why not just CubeCraft put everything back in place of the earlier? What a success was that. I want the old CubeCraft back! There would be really much more people play, CubeCraft why are staff members otherwise avoided? That are going to be less active by the change in the server. CubeCraft, please put all the games back again and then going to be more people also appealen to staff and there would be a lot more people are going to be active on the server. This is not a good thing.

Reactions: Clywa and Vqzi

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
  1. MineCraft in general is dying, and that's the reason why some servers die slowly.
  2. Hosting games cost money. You can't just say "Hey this server is dead, re-add the old games!", because they were removed for a reason: They were rarely played, or the games were filled with bugs. Hosting games that are not loved by a community costs money, and the same applies to fixing bugs.

LonelyNartyta

Apr 10, 2017
Catalonia
Cubecraft isn't gonna add back the removed games anytime soon. And the server isn't gonna die because of it.

Not sure if Minecraft is dying. Maybe Java, but Minecraft in general is going strong with last month 91 million players.
Can you tell me where are they playing? Because I don't see them

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Can you tell me where are they playing? Because I don't see them
Minecraft has a vast playerbase, not all of them are multiplayer based - there are people who play Modded, Survival / SinglePlayer, LAN worlds with their buddies, as well as new avenues like Bedrock (Phone, Windows 10, Nintendo Switch, Xbox/PS4), there are many different ways to access this game.

As for the suggestion; management didn’t just decide “oh you like this game? well now you don’t have it lol xd”, there could be other financial and logical reasoning to the removal of these gamemodes. They have not disappeared either, they are on rotation for a short time, which the slot is currently occupied by Ender.

The original update thread actually covers why gamemodes were removed:
To provide continuous updates for 41 different games (as single and team modes are different code wise) as a team of 7 developers is impossible. This has changed in recent months as we also started working on the Bedrock versions of our games too. The only way that it is feasible for us to continue is to decrease the number of games we have allowing more of our developers a chance to work on them.
It's worth noting that just because a lot of games are going to be unavailable we're not simply deleting them. For now we'll be showing them off on a 2 week rotating basis through the Featured Game area. This is also where we'll show off our seasonal games. We've already decided what our first featured game will be and we're looking forward to releasing it, however we'd like to hear which games you want to see after that. Leave us a comment below with your vote! (Unless it's BlockBand, that's not coming back).

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
Minecraft has a vast playerbase, not all of them are multiplayer based - there are people who play Modded, Survival / SinglePlayer, LAN worlds with their buddies, as well as new avenues like Bedrock (Phone, Windows 10, Nintendo Switch, Xbox/PS4), there are many different ways to access this game.

As for the suggestion; management didn’t just decide “oh you like this game? well now you don’t have it lol xd”, there could be other financial and logical reasoning to the removal of these gamemodes. They have not disappeared either, they are on rotation for a short time, which the slot is currently occupied by Ender.

The original update thread actually covers why gamemodes were removed:
That's the thing, we don't like a rotation system on this server. Sure other servers do it, but they are popular and some do a rotation system on specific holidays.
  1. MineCraft in general is dying, and that's the reason why some servers die slowly.
  2. Hosting games cost money. You can't just say "Hey this server is dead, re-add the old games!", because they were removed for a reason: They were rarely played, or the games were filled with bugs. Hosting games that are not loved by a community costs money, and the same applies to fixing bugs.
parkour? It was less popular then some of the games removed and it still there. And if your gonna say that it doesn't need players to start, well so does freebuild, but it's removed and the game costs credits to expand.
member count has been dropping for almost every server. bring games back won't change anything at this point.
probably right. I've seen bringing back an old server (The Chunk) didn't go out well, so this maybe no different. But still, I want some of the games back.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
That's the thing, we don't like a rotation system on this server. Sure other servers do it, but they are popular and some do a rotation system on specific holidays.

Like people have explained a thousands times on this forum in the past week or so: this change isn't here because Cubecraft thought everyone would love it, but because it is needed. And I can only say that it seems to be working for the games that I play on the server.

Also, just cut out the "we" nonsense. Talk for yourself and people will either agree or disagree, don't act like you speak on behalf of all the players.

Anyway, the thread about the update itself did enough explaining on to why and what, but looks like most of you never even read through it. I'll quote some of it and highlight some words for you.

We're aware that there are going to be players of the games we've removed who are very disappointed but we also think that you'll appreciate the fact that getting those games to start took a long long time and in some cases was impossible. We've tried to make sure that there is a balance between combat orientated games and games that are popular without combat.

With the decrease generally in the number of Minecraft Java players we've decided now is the right time. For the longtime CubeCraft players put yourself in the shoes of a new player who's joining the network for the first time (yes there are still a fair few of those!). If they joined one of our less popular games then they may have to wait quite a while for it to start. In fact that game may never start, which would be a very frustrating player experience. Decreasing the number of total games allows them to be full more of the time and make sure they begin quickly.

It's worth noting that just because a lot of games are going to be unavailable we're not simply deleting them. For now we'll be showing them off on a 2 week rotating basis through the Featured Game area. This is also where we'll show off our seasonal games.

Zaphly

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I do not think that Minecraft is dying out, but that more people have discovered and used other games. I think that if the old Cube Craft is there, it will be really successful.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I think that if the old Cube Craft is there, it will be really successful.
Quote by Story: "Developers make plugins, not time machines."
If we could, we'd love to be able to have everyone that once played, play on the server again. We'd love to bring back all the games.
Why don't we, you ask?
Although it's undoubtedly already mentioned above, we can't control people and have them play. We don't have the player counts we used to, so our system that was built for 10K+ average would not work with our current 2K+ average. We can't turn it back.
Another thing which was already mentioned above: The biweekly rotation system will grant players a chance to play the removed gamemodes for two weeks. That's about all we can do right now.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
I do not think that Minecraft is dying out, but that more people have discovered and used other games. I think that if the old Cube Craft is there, it will be really successful.

This update happened because the "old" cubecraft wasn't really successful? Like some of you honestly believe that if they roll back the update, the playerbase will suddenly grow? Simply ridiculous.

Sep 15, 2018
This update happened because the "old" cubecraft wasn't really successful? Like some of you honestly believe that if they roll back the update, the playerbase will suddenly grow? Simply ridiculous.
way back in 2015/16 was very successful, it started going downhill with the switch to 1.9 pvp

Zaphly

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Let's be real, how many of y'all would play Blockband if it came back.

This is the same for most of the removed games. Sure, there were players, but was there enough to categorize the game as a successful/popular game on the network?
Well if a game does not mean very much that it is not right that you have to get away. Maybe you get it because then you pay a little bit for nothing. I never made blockband myself.

Zaphly

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Cubecraft isn't gonna add back the removed games anytime soon. And the server isn't gonna die because of it.

Not sure if Minecraft is dying. Maybe Java, but Minecraft in general is going strong with last month 91 million players.
I hope in any case that new games will come. I think that new games have arisen, that more people are testing.

Zaphly

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Is not ridiculous and they did not necessarily because the old Cubecraft died, there was still a number of players of 8000.

Reactions: God.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

RobinDn wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Desiderata wrote on Hoshi's profile.
20240503_083859.jpg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis på födelsedagen!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Gefeliciteerd maatje! <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom