• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Okay read the message first

This was thought of by @Gabriel7Patrick and I Instantly Thought Of suggesting it okay so you know when people abuse lava and water and trap you or that get stuck in places on their own with it
any player can break blocks but only Blocks which weren't there when the game opened (so stone, cobblestone, obby, and smuggled package chests that have been placed after the game started)

This is the part where I am just adding on to the original idea by @Gabriel7Patrick
now you may be wondering jollow what if someone gets us trapped with obsidian? it takes 4 full minutes to break it with your hand. to that I say simple add pickaxes to break this (and a pregame tip about this)

but wait there's more pickaxes are also classified as misc (for sponsor chests) isn't it just great
now tell me do you think this would be a good addition to SG? and did we strike gold on a solution?

comment down below
@Tacosbefriends

Edit: okay due to some of the comments I think maybe a few don't understand 1 Implication I forgot to add: if you break the block you don't get it back it is just gone

Last edited:

vodkaman2billion

Novice Member
May 14, 2017
Innisfree
I don't think it's a good idea to implement.
It would just become like UHC but with regeneration, also because this could lead to building of sky bases and camping in Survival Games with is against the rules if I am not wrong.

7876b7ffae77115a7b69c00d7f729ee7.png

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
It would just become like UHC but with regeneration, also because this could lead to building of sky bases and camping in Survival Games with is against the rules if I am not wrong.
it is but the point of this is it does the exact oposite
right now you can camp and skybase with it but...
if you add the pickaxes it stops you from being able to make an impenetrable skybase
if you read the message you'd know that
Bumping isnt needed. Its the same day and you ''bumped'' it a few minutes after you posted it..
This seems more like message farming..
I don't care because Savagry
besides the main reason for the second was to tell the person who voted no they should explain why NO

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I don't think this use useful in anyway. Staff are currently working on making it so players can't block you into areas with lava/water so this is avoided. Not to mention it is considered "trolling" and against the rules so you can always report the player for doing this!

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
I don't think this use useful in anyway. Staff are currently working on making it so players can't block you into areas with lava/water so this is avoided. Not to mention it is considered "trolling" and against the rules so you can always report the player for doing this!
This is a solution to it
also it isn't considered trolling when your mouse spazzes out and places your chest blocking you in
been there done that

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
This is a solution to it
also it isn't considered trolling when your mouse spazzes out and places your chest blocking you in
been there done that

Anyone can always say "My mouse glitched out and I accidentally placed it" but the thing is you would rarely be in a situation where you are going underwater into the cave behind waterfall (On jurassic) holding a chest and accidentally right click it. There is also a certain extent of honestly involved when doing this, and people will constantly use that as an excuse although the intent of their actions will most likely be clear!

vodkaman2billion

Novice Member
May 14, 2017
Innisfree
it is but the point of this is it does the exact oposite
right now you can camp and skybase with it but...
if you add the pickaxes it stops you from being able to make an impenetrable skybase
if you read the message you'd know that

I don't care because Savagry
besides the main reason for the second was to tell the person who voted no they should explain why NO
Pickaxes are already craftable. It would be annoying to go through the hassle to craft a pickaxe just to break a block.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
Anyone can always say "My mouse glitched out and I accidentally placed it" but the thing is you would rarely be in a situation where you are going underwater into the cave behind waterfall (On jurassic) holding a chest and accidentally right click it
really because it happened on stream for me (I wasn't streaming tacos was)
also this isn't only for that place there are so many places you can get stuck in because of someone placing something to block you out (even if it was you on accident)
Pickaxes are already craftable. It would be annoying to go through the hassle to craft a pickaxe just to break a block.
well if you read the message you'd know they are possible to find in chests
Sky bases are considered as camping and the player can be banned for it.
okay this part I just didn't make clear I am sorry about that but read here I made an edit to tell you something
Edit: okay due to some of the comments I think maybe a few don't understand 1 Implication I forgot to add: if you break the block you don't get it back it is just gone
so you can't skybase with that and this prevents other people from skybasing

May 7, 2017
Okay read the message first

This was thought of by @Gabriel7Patrick and I Instantly Thought Of suggesting it okay so you know when people abuse lava and water and trap you or that get stuck in places on their own with it
any player can break blocks but only Blocks which weren't there when the game opened (so stone, cobblestone, obby, and smuggled package chests that have been placed after the game started)

This is the part where I am just adding on to the original idea by @Gabriel7Patrick
now you may be wondering jollow what if someone gets us trapped with obsidian? it takes 4 full minutes to break it with your hand. to that I say simple add pickaxes to break this (and a pregame tip about this)

but wait there's more pickaxes are also classified as misc (for sponsor chests) isn't it just great
now tell me do you think this would be a good addition to SG? and did we strike gold on a solution?

comment down below
@Tacosbefriends

Ok i agree as this would add a new mechanic to combat in sg teams/solo

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
really because it happened on stream for me (I wasn't streaming tacos was)
also this isn't only for that place there are so many places you can get stuck in because of someone placing something to block you out (even if it was you on accident)

well if you read the message you'd know they are possible to find in chests

okay this part I just didn't make clear I am sorry about that but read here I made an edit to tell you something

so you can't skybase with that and this prevents other people from skybasing

This is the point, you can't skybase (banable on all gamemodes) therefore report the player because then that is against the rules!

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I agree so much with this idea! It would in general be a nice addition to the game either way, i guess?
But i do really agree with this!

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I don't think it's a good idea to implement.

View attachment 132768
Sky bases are considered as camping and the player can be banned for it.
He's not suggesting that you can place blocks. Read the thread.
Staff are currently working on making it so players can't block you into areas with lava/water so this is avoided.
Oh are they really? Because I haven't heard a thing about it.
it is considered "trolling" and against the rules so you can always report the player for doing this!
Hacking is also against the rules. Does this mean Sentinel is useless because players can report hackers? No, of course not. Your argument is invalid.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
He's not suggesting that you can place blocks. Read the thread.

Oh are they really? Because I haven't heard a thing about it.

Hacking is also against the rules. Does this mean Sentinel is useless because players can report hackers? No, of course not. Your argument is invalid.

1. I never said Sentinel was useless therefore you should reread what I wrote. 2. I am saying there are certain things which sentinel will not pick up such as trolling, camping or certain bug glitches which is where players should be involved and report players or at least warn them that what they are doing is against the rules! Sentinel was designed to catch players using hacks, not the way players play the games on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
Top Bottom