Status
Not open for further replies.

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
POST SOME OF YOUR IDEAS TO PREVENT LONG GAMES AND BOW CAMPING
I expect an implemented tag

I'm the kinda guy who despises those who simply stalemate the game by grabbing a punch bow and sitting on a diamond generator for hours! to counter this here are a few possible changes to the game that could benefit the server:

1.) increase the price of the punch bow to 35 diamonds and decrease the price of the enderpearl to 30 diamonds.
This would effectively make doing what everyone does all the time (grabbing 5 diamonds then breaking there bridge and getting a punch bow ASAP) not the dominant strategy. Why should this be added? because currently to counter a literal 25 diamond item you need a 64 diamond item and about another stack of diamonds for gear that's about 2 stacks of diamonds to counter a 25 diamond item NERF NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

2.) add a new item to allow you to access the bases easily like a 9 durability elytra for 10 seconds of flight just enough to get to a base or two THIS item should be 64 diamonds NOT the enderpearl because you can get 1-2 bases with the Elytra. this would enable people to not get shot while making there way to a base or two while having enough resources to afford something like 1 set iron and an iron sword with gold.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
POST SOME OF YOUR IDEAS TO PREVENT LONG GAMES AND BOW CAMPING
I expect an implemented tag

I'm the kinda guy who despises those who simply stalemate the game by grabbing a punch bow and sitting on a diamond generator for hours! to counter this here are a few possible changes to the game that could benefit the server:

1.) increase the price of the punch bow to 35 diamonds and decrease the price of the enderpearl to 30 diamonds.
This would effectively make doing what everyone does all the time (grabbing 5 diamonds then breaking there bridge and getting a punch bow ASAP) not the dominant strategy. Why should this be added? because currently to counter a literal 25 diamond item you need a 64 diamond item and about another stack of diamonds for gear that's about 2 stacks of diamonds to counter a 25 diamond item NERF NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

2.) add a new item to allow you to access the bases easily like a 9 durability elytra for 10 seconds of flight just enough to get to a base or two THIS item should be 64 diamonds NOT the enderpearl because you can get 1-2 bases with the Elytra. this would enable people to not get shot while making there way to a base or two while having enough resources to afford something like 1 set iron and an iron sword with gold.
Option 1: Having the ender pearl price set to 30 diamonds, would mean people will buy like 5 of them and then if they are losing a battle, they will teleport/run forever and become really annoying or quickly teleport to an island and then buy like a ton of golden apples or iron gear.

Option 2 has the same Idea for running forever and would also be really annoying to deal with. Best way to counter this, is to give it an limit for uses so that people won't just run and force the other player to rage quit..

ArcturusTE_PN

Jun 25, 2016
Normally, the best option is to rush the ones you consider main threats. My bro loves rushing people who break their egg because normally they lack the resources to have a bow in that moment. Even though I would love cheaper enderpearls, It would make it easier for the campers too. Imagine getting to their bases and them teleporting to another base or mid and dynamiting the bridge, same problem again.

Remember: when camping, think of campers always having more resources than you.

However, other option is time when you can get which items. I divide game times in the following ways:

Early-Game - Average armor is leather or none. Most powerful sword is iron, barely. No one has obsidian. Most gens are level 2 for iron or level 1 for gold. No one has diamonds in their base. Typically lasts for around 2-5 minutes. Ideal time to rush. In OP it is possible to get obsidian, therefore invalidating vanilla meta and promoting camping. (OP sucks).

Mid-Game - Everyone has at least leather armor, a wooden sword, enough blocks to build to mid twice, and reliable food. Most people have at least one access to mid or another island. Some people obtain chain armor via camping, but max armor is iron. This is where people rush mid and obtain their punch bows and bring diamonds back to the base. In OP, 25-pickers appear and rush unexpectant islands. Campers start doing their thing and if you are lucky and patient, you can get access to a Cutlass in underthesea or other emerald weapons. Typically lasts around 5-10 minutes. The game can end in this stage.

Late-Game - Worst time to rush. This phase starts when the first level 2 generator is activated in a base and the same team has at least one iron warrior. This is where most people obtain a punch bow and full iron armor. Multiple-layer obsidianned eggs are present. More utility blocks such as chests and TNT appear. Only the irresponsible or good players still use diamond armor. In OP, you can get a 64er sword if you're patient and have access to multiple high level diamond generators. Applechuggers are already a thing with their high access to gold. Typically lasts around 10-15 minutes. Not much egg-breaking activity is seen.

Endgame - Starts when the first Level 3 diamond generator is enabled, an enchanted Golden Apple is bought and campers build fortresses. It is almost impossible to survive in this stage with low level gear unless you're amazing at dodging. This is when most competitive/pro players finally decide to get decent armor and golden apples. In OP, Competitive players carry multiple backup iron sets while noobs buy full diamond first. 64ers and 40er picks are more common and enderpearls gain practical use. Campers in teams of 3 now all have at least iron and a punch bow. Safebridges or great architechtonical designs are made here. Most campers carry several Enchanted Apples and Slowness arrows. Another way of entering this stage is by a team encasing the other remaining team in obsidian and spawn-camping them for points or kills. Typically lasting from 15min-3-4hours. This is where the great campers prosper and people ragequit.

My proposition is that certain items are blocked for a certain amount of time.

Examples: You can get a punch bow only 20-30 minutes after the match starts/You can only get diamond armor 30-40 minutes after the match starts/Base diamond generators can't be activated to level 3 before 25 minutes/etc.

Jan 24, 2018
USA
It is still possible to get to their base when they have bows, it's called defending your base but real camping is when they make their base have no way to invade it or to kill them

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
honestly i dont find people camping to be a problem. getting 64 diamonds and epearling is honestly not hard at all. dont understand why so many people are complaining about this

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Here’s an idea of a way to prevent camping

Just be patient or warn them and report them

For patience you just need an enderpearl for reporting, many people will stop upon warning
(Also stop typing the comments I see right now) I said many people not everyone
For the rest you just deal with them the old fashioned way

Really any fancy ideas will go into a debate about what is camping and what isn’t
Some People say hiding inside your island is camping

Which it isn’t hiding inside your island doesn’t cause a stalemate since they can easily get to you, you aren’t doing anything to stop them

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
honestly i dont find people camping to be a problem. getting 64 diamonds and epearling is honestly not hard at all. dont understand why so many people are complaining about this
because its outrageus how long these games can last sometimes and the bow is very op and needs a nerf or counter

Reactions: CommunistCactus

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
Normally, the best option is to rush the ones you consider main threats. My bro loves rushing people who break their egg because normally they lack the resources to have a bow in that moment. Even though I would love cheaper enderpearls, It would make it easier for the campers too. Imagine getting to their bases and them teleporting to another base or mid and dynamiting the bridge, same problem again.

Remember: when camping, think of campers always having more resources than you.

However, other option is time when you can get which items. I divide game times in the following ways:

Early-Game - Average armor is leather or none. Most powerful sword is iron, barely. No one has obsidian. Most gens are level 2 for iron or level 1 for gold. No one has diamonds in their base. Typically lasts for around 2-5 minutes. Ideal time to rush. In OP it is possible to get obsidian, therefore invalidating vanilla meta and promoting camping. (OP sucks).

Mid-Game - Everyone has at least leather armor, a wooden sword, enough blocks to build to mid twice, and reliable food. Most people have at least one access to mid or another island. Some people obtain chain armor via camping, but max armor is iron. This is where people rush mid and obtain their punch bows and bring diamonds back to the base. In OP, 25-pickers appear and rush unexpectant islands. Campers start doing their thing and if you are lucky and patient, you can get access to a Cutlass in underthesea or other emerald weapons. Typically lasts around 5-10 minutes. The game can end in this stage.

Late-Game - Worst time to rush. This phase starts when the first level 2 generator is activated in a base and the same team has at least one iron warrior. This is where most people obtain a punch bow and full iron armor. Multiple-layer obsidianned eggs are present. More utility blocks such as chests and TNT appear. Only the irresponsible or good players still use diamond armor. In OP, you can get a 64er sword if you're patient and have access to multiple high level diamond generators. Applechuggers are already a thing with their high access to gold. Typically lasts around 10-15 minutes. Not much egg-breaking activity is seen.

Endgame - Starts when the first Level 3 diamond generator is enabled, an enchanted Golden Apple is bought and campers build fortresses. It is almost impossible to survive in this stage with low level gear unless you're amazing at dodging. This is when most competitive/pro players finally decide to get decent armor and golden apples. In OP, Competitive players carry multiple backup iron sets while noobs buy full diamond first. 64ers and 40er picks are more common and enderpearls gain practical use. Campers in teams of 3 now all have at least iron and a punch bow. Safebridges or great architechtonical designs are made here. Most campers carry several Enchanted Apples and Slowness arrows. Another way of entering this stage is by a team encasing the other remaining team in obsidian and spawn-camping them for points or kills. Typically lasting from 15min-3-4hours. This is where the great campers prosper and people ragequit.

My proposition is that certain items are blocked for a certain amount of time.

Examples: You can get a punch bow only 20-30 minutes after the match starts/You can only get diamond armor 30-40 minutes after the match starts/Base diamond generators can't be activated to level 3 before 25 minutes/etc.
GENIUS finally someone who reads the post fully and gets an understanding this should be implemented make a tread about it if you wish.

D

Deleted member 352903

Frankly I prefer a sword in one hand and a bow in the other and then just rush the islands.i don't get why waste time camping when you can get a hell Lotta points by just rushing games and playing more games in a set amount of time.#camperssuck
I also like to rush, but this thread is about campers. I just suggested a way to avoid campers.

Anthoken

May 21, 2016
never said i was ok with campers. i just say its not hard at all to kill them. getting a epearl takes 5 minutes to 10 minutes at most (depending the map) you can just epearl to them and kill them. most of the time people are camping because there not the best at pvp. camping is honestly way to easy to counter. i really dont understand why people complain about this so much. i find it crazy. im not saying camping is a good thing we all dont like campers BUT its so easy to kill one i dont find it to be a big deal.

Reactions: Shallidor

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Just my opinion:

I don't think these changes are needed:
First of all a price increase doesn't matter that much, with punch bows costing 35 diamonds you can rush 1 more island before the other campers have a bow.
Elytra? Just no, too much disadvantages to this.

I don't think there are any changes needed at all.
If you are strategic you can counter most of the bowspammers. See someone upgrading a diamond gen/building to submid? Immediately rush them.

And bowspamming is part of the game ;)

Reactions: Anthoken

BadGuy

Novice Member
Feb 26, 2017
California
Just my opinion:

I don't think these changes are needed:
First of all a price increase doesn't matter that much, with punch bows costing 35 diamonds you can rush 1 more island before the other campers have a bow.
Elytra? Just no, too much disadvantages to this.

I don't think there are any changes needed at all.
If you are strategic you can counter most of the bowspammers. See someone upgrading a diamond gen/building to submid? Immediately rush them.

And bowspamming is part of the game ;)
if bowspaming is part of the game then the game is flawed so this is why ppl like bedwars more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Come on, let's reach the ultra evil number...
1713239597971.png
Eli
I, I wanna be in the room where it happens
The room where it happens
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
What a very weird and Spefic profile picture neighbor.
Reesle wrote on Maximal20's profile.
Happy Birthday!
EGG_BOCZOIN wrote on Muhh's profile.
MADRID ON TOP ???
Top Bottom