Java Blockwars suggestions, rebalancing kits, trap blocks, and voting options revamp

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cuteee, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Elivat

Elivat Member

Eli_GM
    Emerald
    PLUS
    • Your suggestion to nerf the Ninja kit is just, perfect. It is quite OP to fight with invisibility.
    • I'm not so sure about nerfing Warrior, at least leave 1 arrow. (which is quite frankly, useless but at least it doesn't feel as such a drastic change)
    • The whole purpose of the Tank Kit is its armour (which is heavy, hence it's slowness effect). I think it's fine as it is.
    • Yes, archer needs to be able to recharge arrows much faster. 15 arrows though! Removing 10 is way too much.
    • Sure, anything to improve viper kit cause it's terrible at the moment.
    • Agreed, builder makes bomber completely useless.
    • Totally agree with the summoner changes, mobs shouldn't see invisible players anyway.
    I'm not so sure about reducing the voting options to speed boost and jump boost, I'm sure many players will find it annoying to have constant potion effects on them. If this is gonna be implemented, the voting options should be these:

1. Classic BlockWars (Already with half blocks)
    2. Jump Boost
    3. Speed Boost
    That's where you're wrong... Bamboozler is EXTREMELY useful. The only problem is, not many players have realized it. The working strategy with bamboozler is to use it in maps with void very near to the flag (like cactus, mushroom and block arena). And place them towards the places with void. So whenever a player breaks a bamboozler, they get bamboozled into the void. Try it out, it works satisfyingly too well.

I think that's the whole purpose of a trap? To one shot an intruder lol.

Agreed with Zeus, even though it serves as an indicator for invaders because of its lightning, it doesn't deal much damage. It should maybe burn players for 3-5 seconds.

Now about the kits:
    • Lumberjacker sounds great, the more combat options, the better. BlockWars is supposed to be a very diverse game, full of so many different kits to allow a properly-functioning team.
    • Mayyyybe the pyromaniac kit would end up being way too annoying. The blaze rod could have the same ability as the fire sword in lucky islands, with the same cooldown too. And make it completely immune to fire.
    • How would the decoys be destroyed? Also this kit is quite contradicting if at the beginning you were saying Ninja should be the best kit for capturing. Decoy would be: first, too OP. Second, replace Ninja. Big nono from me for this one.
    • I like the Witch kit, as I said the more combat options the better.
    The maps ideas sound great! I'm down for any new map. Also a dragons map would be amazingggg!

• Agree, icypeaks is way too easy to camp in. Maybe it could be fixed by changing the shape of the map from a U to just a straight line. That way flags are facing each other. And just make more entrances to the house that surrounds the flag. That way both capturing and taking are much less tedious.
    • Sorry but Palette's parkour isn't difficult at all.
    • Or just remove it, Nuclear sucks. Or at least fix the lighting. It's terribly hard to both capture and take a flag in complete and utter darkness.
    • Agreed, if Pirates was made smaller I would stop avoiding it lol.
    Sure the messages seem useful.

2. Elivat

Elivat Member

Eli_GM
    Emerald
    PLUS
    Hitting someone 3 times is enough to kill them lol.

Zombiepower likes this.
  3. Mecha_San

Mecha_San Member

MechaWolfGolem
    How about runner kit. I am a runner main after all, so all I have to say is that the speed 2 on runner is stupid espiecally with the armor on it. *nerf to speed 1.

4. Zombiepower

Zombiepower Helper
    Staff Member Helper

zombiepower
    Helper
    PLUS
    True thing but it kinda sucks that people are able to see you when you just hit one person.

5. Cuteee

Cuteee Member

Cuteee
    Emerald
    It sucks. But remember that I'm a ninja user and it makes me not happy to suggesting to nerf it, but it's a fact that it's way too strong :)

Zombiepower likes this.
  6. Elivat

Elivat Member

Eli_GM
    Emerald
    PLUS
    Nooo, runner is perfect as it is. It would be ruined (and trust me many people would be disappointed) if the speed is reduced.

7. _DemonicChrome

_DemonicChrome Member

_DemonicChrome
    Iron
    hmm I don't really mind about the balancing of kits, new kits ideas are nice tho.
    New kit ideas, nice i guess,
    new map ideas, totally awesome, map edits, i agree with nuclear, make it a bit smaller. icy peaks, i think an edit to it could do it well, no need to remove. and about pirates, i think its completely fine the way it is. And palette i have not played enough to comment on, i need to play it a bit more to give it my opinion.
    the edit to the messages when someone takes the flag, totaly agree on.

8. carrometeoro

carrometeoro Member

Mikioouu
    I was think to make a hole in the roof of the opposite side of the players spawn and continue that high ground on that side to make some kind of path only accesible in some part between the cave and the ice parkour.

9. _EliteDreamer [lv69]

_EliteDreamer [lv69] Member

_EliteDreamer
    Emerald
    PLUS
    I think this is another great thread, good job Cuteee!!

I totally agree with the trap block changes and the messages. sometimes just little changes but I think they do matter to revive blockwars a bit so it will become an attractive game like skywars and eggwars.

new kits: lumberjack: maybe make the buff 7sec and the cooldown 45sec.

Pyromanic: looks cool but I don't think many people are going to use it, you have to make it attractive by for ex. removing the pick and adding a stone sword
    ( I think if a lot of kits don't have a pick it will be teamwork like you can do with the bomber kit [1 guy bomber, 1 guy with a pick, 1 runner to clear
    the way, 1 ninja to take the flag and the 4 other teammates can defend own flag, help the guy who holds the enemy flag ├žor just battle in mid)

decoyer: a very good idea! make sure to make the decoy standing only for 5 or maybe 10sec.

Witch: sounds good but same as Pyromanic, maybe remove pick and add a way to heal a bit

Map changes: Icy Peaks: I can see why you don't like it but I believe it can be fixed by adding another way in and changing the spawnpoint a bit.

Palette: agreed, it is very annoying to fall (and I fall frequently) and it is almost impossible for the players who just started or aren't familiar with parcour.

Nuclear: pls make it smaller, it is really too big.

Pirates: nah, I think that map is cool. :D

Thanks for reading <3

GalacticAC and carrometeoro like this.
  10. GalacticAC

GalacticAC Member

galaticAC
    Diamond
    btw does decoy have its own AI?

11. GalacticAC

GalacticAC Member

galaticAC
    Diamond
    Speaking of icy peak, its actually one of my favorite map, to make it better, I propose remove the house guarding the flag and make "the rift" easier to cross

12. carrometeoro

carrometeoro Member

Mikioouu
    Probably not

13. Cuteee

Cuteee Member

Cuteee
    Emerald
  14. GalacticAC

GalacticAC Member

galaticAC
    Diamond
    I honestly hope custom map submission for bw can be opened (maybe we need a "player council' or just let the managements to see if its good enough)
    People are building map for the server for FREE and it's quite sad to see they miss out these chances..

15. Cuteee

Cuteee Member

Cuteee
    Emerald
    First of all this is not the place to put that idea on, I'm not a staff and I can't do anything about it.
    And also, no. If they're so good at building blockwars maps then they can just apply here and hope to get accepted.

16. GalacticAC

GalacticAC Member

galaticAC
    Diamond
    Being an official builder is different from community submission since if you are employed you will need to finish you task on time, which is something that most people don't want. Anyways, I'm going to work on a map and see how it works

17. Andyyy

Andyyy Member

I've actually made 5 or so of my own BlockWars maps already and my friend and I have recreated the lobby on my crappy server. It would be great if I could see if any of them stand a chance of being even part of the way to being accepted

GalacticAC likes this.