Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Map Name: Magic
Creator: Andyuu

Here I created this map quite a while back but it is my favourite from the bunch I made. It features a bunch of different paths, safe and easy to risky. Here's an overhead view where you can see the magnitude of the awesome spires!
2019-07-03_16.02.06.png

Here we have a side view from one side. The map really feels grand without it being too massive.
2019-07-03_04.31.40.png

Here's the view from the spawn point. You can see the spiral pathways at the back to get a fun way to the top.
2019-07-03_04.33.50.png

A close up of one of the towers, where you can see one of the riskier paths.
2019-07-03_04.32.04.png

Here's the room at the end of the path with ladders connecting to the bottom.
2019-07-03_04.32.42.png

Here we have the downstairs to the ladders which leads to the flag room.
2019-07-03_16.24.23.png

Last but not least, we have the flag area. It's far away enough from the spawn point that teams are not able to camp and is nice and open to be accessible from all paths. It's well lit and quite stylish.
2019-07-03_04.32.58.png

And that's about it. I don't believe there are any non 1.8 blocks here but if there are, please tell me. Thanks for reading!

And obviously thanks to the Blockwars guys for hosting the map on their server!

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
Wonderful!But don't you need to upload the images or just copying the direction is enought?

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
Wonderful!But don't you need to upload the images or just copying the direction is enought?
Both directions are the same apart from random texture bits such as the paths which are different. I did upload the images, they are just not as thumbnails as well.

God.

Apr 29, 2017
Hell
Both directions are the same apart from random texture bits such as the paths which are different. I did upload the images, they are just not as thumbnails as well.
With direction I mean url of the image(usually after uploading it to imgur),my english isn't perfect sadly

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I like the map :)
I don't play Blockwars often, but I think this map will be really nice to play with different options to go to the other flag.
About the aesthetics, I really like the shape of the base, though in my opinion the towers look better if the walls are a bit more decorated than just dark oak planks.
I also like the paths (podzol) to be a bit random (like you did behind the base at the spawnpoint), instead of a pattern (like in the middle). But these two things are just my personal opinion.
The only negative thing in my opinion is that I don't really see the theme throughout the map. Except the purple platforms that look sort of magical and the enchanter in the base, there isn't really a connection with the theme.

Still, I like the map and it makes me wants to play Blockwars again :P

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I like the map :)
I don't play Blockwars often, but I think this map will be really nice to play with different options to go to the other flag.
About the aesthetics, I really like the shape of the base, though in my opinion the towers look better if the walls are a bit more decorated than just dark oak planks.
I also like the paths (podzol) to be a bit random (like you did behind the base at the spawnpoint), instead of a pattern (like in the middle). But these two things are just my personal opinion.
The only negative thing in my opinion is that I don't really see the theme throughout the map. Except the purple platforms that look sort of magical and the enchanter in the base, there isn't really a connection with the theme.

Still, I like the map and it makes me wants to play Blockwars again :p
I decided to use a repetitive pattern for bulk of the map as the random paths can only be used a certain amount before being overdone. The squares do add to the theme of the map a small bit and the name magic is only there as I cant think of anything better ( if you can please tell me) and I'm not sure what other magical elements I can incorporate. The theme is a problem so yeh. I'll all more to the towers but I don't want it to feel clustered. Thanks for the comments :D

Reactions: Shallidor

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I decided to use a repetitive pattern for bulk of the map as the random paths can only be used a certain amount before being overdone. The squares do add to the theme of the map a small bit and the name magic is only there as I cant think of anything better ( if you can please tell me) and I'm not sure what other magical elements I can incorporate. The theme is a problem so yeh. I'll all more to the towers but I don't want it to feel clustered. Thanks for the comments :D

I don't really have good suggestions for expanding / changing the theme, I'm not a map builder :P
I think you can best ask a Cubecraft builder directly what they would advise about changing / expanding the theme so the map fits the theme.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hi the first part of message will be nice the second part not so much....
Hello so you know a lot more about BW than I ever will, so any kind of gameplay you do will be good. So the kind of paths you have, how kits will interact with that etc. Now the less nice part...

It looks bizarre... it doesn't look magical. If I was going to disneyland to the magical kingdom, this is like it's ugly stepsister. Why wood and cobble?? TOO BASIC! Use the amazing blocks like quartz and lapiz, and nice magical things... make cool spires sticking out! and idk think of tangled, the big tower than she lives in. That's magic to me, also the movie is awesome. But this is like a big lump wood on some grass.. google 'magical spire', 'magic tower cartoon' that's pretty much what I do to get ideas. I just add cartoon or clipart on the end of a theme then make it my own. Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
Top Bottom