Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ProNoob877

Novice Member
Dec 1, 2017
YOUR SOUL
So Blockwars was added to the server a while ago and there are lots of strats to choose from. I made this to help players who are new to Blockwars and to help regulars get better. So let's get into this, shall we?

Basics
There are three phases: Build, Fight, and Overtime. In the Build phase, you build a defense around your flag. In the Fight phase, players try to capture the enemy flag by mining it and bringing it back to their flag. In the Overtime phase, all player-placed blocks are removed. These phases last 3, 7, and 2 minutes, respectively. The goal is to get 3 captures before the enemy does. In Overtime, the first team to capture wins.

Build Tips
The goal in the build phase is to make your flag as secure as possible with the blocks you have. But there is a problem with this. You will need to mine through your defense to get the enemy flag back to yours. Keep this in mind while building.

What to Do

• Use as many blocks as possible in your building time.
  • Try to make your defense efficient. The less blocks needed to make your defense work, the better!
What NOT to Do
  • Don't place blocks randomly. Make sure that every block has some purpose.
  • NEVER do nothing in this phase. Without your blocks, your team will be at a disadvantage due to its defense.
  • Don't mine through your defense to get to places! Instead, jump into the void to get to a place where leaping over your defense is a thing.
  • Don't make a path to your flag! While you won't have to mine your defense to get to your flag, your enemy will have an easy time getting to it!
Fight
In this phase, your fighting strategy depends on the kit you choose. So let's cover the kits instead.

Kit Items: Stone Sword, Leather Armor(no helmet), Bow, 3 arrows, Wooden Pickaxe

Overview: The warrior. This kit is useful in many situations. Its good damage and nice protection make it the ideal kit for killing opponents. Don't bother taking the enemy flag with this though. It'll become slow and an easy kill for the Runner Kit. Defend your team's flag carrier instead. And don't forget about your flag.
Kit Items: Stick(Knockback I), Chain Chestplate, Bow, 20 arrows, Wooden Pickaxe

Overview: This kit's primary use is to defend the flag. However, the archer excels in melee combat when near the void. However, keep an eye on your arrows. Running out of these is fatal! In that case, use your pickaxe as your primary weapon and be a kamikaze guy! CHAARGE!
Kit Items: Wooden Sword, Leather Armor(no helmet), Wooden Pickaxe, Speed II

Overview: So you want to take the enemy flag? Well this kit will help you do it! The Speed II enables you to run like the Flash. Once you take the flag, remember that your Speed II will become Speed I! This kit is great for chasing down the guy who has your flag. Its PVP potential is the greatest of all the kits due to strafing.
Kit Items: Wooden Sword, Leather Armor(no helmet), Bow, 3 arrows, Stone Pickaxe

Overview: With this kit, you can sneak into the enemy flag defense! This kit gives you the blocks you break. Just mine into the enemy flag cocoon, block it up, and mine away! You can also take the enemy's defense to repair your own! This kit isn't the best for PVP, keep that in mind.
Kit Items: Wooden Sword, Leather Chestplate, 5 blocks, Bow, 3 arrows, Wooden Pickaxe

Overview: With this kit, you can repair your flag defense with ease. You can also build over enemy defenses, and build a sky bridge to the enemy by dying over and over! There are many possibilities, let your imagination guide you!
Kit Items: Iron Chestplate, Iron Leggings, Bow, 2 arrows, Wooden Pickaxe

Overview: If you want to distract your enemy's flag guard, this kit makes it easy! You can survive for a while, but your weapon isn't exactly the best. You have a bow, but only 2 arrows, make your shots count! This kit works against the jumper, but it won't defeat a warrior. Remember that.
Kit Items: Iron Sword, Bow, 3 arrows, Cloak(45 second cooldown)

Overview: If you want to sneak into the enemy base, use this kit. The cloak ability makes you invisible for 15 seconds. While others can see your name tag, they still won't notice. Cloaking during PVP is also great as the enemy can only see your sword. Remember that you have no armor, so you are vulnerable. Don't try to take the enemy flag while cloaked, as you will glow once you have it. And get someone to mine in there for you.
Kit Items: Wooden Sword, Leather Chestplate, TNT(40 second cooldown)

Overview: KABOOM! This kit is incredible for destroying the enemy's defense. Blowing up their flag's cocoon will cripple them because they can't attack your flag without exposing theirs. The explosion even drops blocks from the blown up defense! The TNT is also great for PVP. Since enemies will run away, you can use it to herd them to a good spot.
Kit Items: Leather Armor(no helmet), Bow, 1 arrow, Jump Boost III

Overview: Congrats, you are now a rabbit! As a rabbit, you can leap over enemy defenses and away from the enemies. Just get someone to mine the flag for you and you are set! Remember that this kit has no weapon other than the bow, so you are the worst kit for PVP. Just take the flag and walk away.
Kit Items: Wooden Sword, Chain Chestplate, Wooden Pickaxe, Summon(40 second cooldown)

Overview: Summon mobs to help you in battle. Scare off your enemies. Be the best. Fight off enemies with a slime by your side. You aren't the best for PVP, but your mobs can act like another player. Sort of.

Overtime
If both teams have the same amount of captures when the Fight phase ends, this phase begins! What strategy should you choose, where it is just you, the map, and your enemies?
  • Guard your flag at all costs. One capture and you are done, so be careful. If you have builders, instruct them to build a small wall around your flag. It will help.
  • Send Runners after the enemy flag. Forget about the kits that are only used to destroy enemy flag defenses. Your team should consist of warriors, runners, and a builder or two
That's my guide. If I got anything wrong, please correct me. If you have any questions, feel free to share them. I hope you learned something. Go have fun now. Enjoy playing blockwars!:)

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
So Blockwars was added to the server a while ago and there are lots of strats to choose from. I made this to help players who are new to Blockwars and to help regulars get better. So let's get into this, shall we?

Basics
There are three phases: Build, Fight, and Overtime. In the Build phase, you build a defense around your flag. In the Fight phase, players try to capture the enemy flag by mining it and bringing it back to their flag. In the Overtime phase, all player-placed blocks are removed. These phases last 3, 7, and 2 minutes, respectively. The goal is to get 3 captures before the enemy does. In Overtime, the first team to capture wins.

Build Tips
The goal in the build phase is to make your flag as secure as possible with the blocks you have. But there is a problem with this. You will need to mine through your defense to get the enemy flag back to yours. Keep this in mind while building.

What to Do

• Use as many blocks as possible in your building time.
  • Try to make your defense efficient. The less blocks needed to make your defense work, the better!
What NOT to Do
  • Don't place blocks randomly. Make sure that every block has some purpose.
  • NEVER do nothing in this phase. Without your blocks, your team will be at a disadvantage due to its defense.
  • Don't mine through your defense to get to places! Instead, jump into the void to get to a place where leaping over your defense is a thing.
  • Don't make a path to your flag! While you won't have to mine your defense to get to your flag, your enemy will have an easy time getting to it!
Fight
In this phase, your fighting strategy depends on the kit you choose. So let's cover the kits instead.

Kit Items: Stone Sword, Leather Armor(no helmet), Bow, 3 arrows, Wooden Pickaxe

Overview: The warrior. This kit is useful in many situations. Its good damage and nice protection make it the ideal kit for killing opponents. Don't bother taking the enemy flag with this though. It'll become slow and an easy kill for the Runner Kit. Defend your team's flag carrier instead. And don't forget about your flag.
Kit Items: Stick(Knockback I), Chain Chestplate, Bow, 20 arrows, Wooden Pickaxe

Overview: This kit's primary use is to defend the flag. However, the archer excels in melee combat when near the void. However, keep an eye on your arrows. Running out of these is fatal! In that case, use your pickaxe as your primary weapon and be a kamikaze guy! CHAARGE!
Kit Items: Wooden Sword, Leather Armor(no helmet), Wooden Pickaxe, Speed II

Overview: So you want to take the enemy flag? Well this kit will help you do it! The Speed II enables you to run like the Flash. Once you take the flag, remember that your Speed II will become Speed I! This kit is great for chasing down the guy who has your flag. Its PVP potential is the greatest of all the kits due to strafing.
Kit Items: Wooden Sword, Leather Armor(no helmet), Bow, 3 arrows, Stone Pickaxe

Overview: With this kit, you can sneak into the enemy flag defense! This kit gives you the blocks you break. Just mine into the enemy flag cocoon, block it up, and mine away! You can also take the enemy's defense to repair your own! This kit isn't the best for PVP, keep that in mind.
Kit Items: Wooden Sword, Leather Chestplate, 5 blocks, Bow, 3 arrows, Wooden Pickaxe

Overview: With this kit, you can repair your flag defense with ease. You can also build over enemy defenses, and build a sky bridge to the enemy by dying over and over! There are many possibilities, let your imagination guide you!

Overview: If you want to distract your enemy's flag guard, this kit makes it easy! You can survive for a while, but your weapon isn't exactly the best. You have a bow, but only 2 arrows, make your shots count! This kit works against the jumper, but it won't defeat a warrior. Remember that.
Kit Items: Iron Sword, Bow, 3 arrows, Cloak(45 second cooldown)

Overview: If you want to sneak into the enemy base, use this kit. The cloak ability makes you invisible for 15 seconds. While others can see your name tag, they still won't notice. Cloaking during PVP is also great as the enemy can only see your sword. Remember that you have no armor, so you are vulnerable. Don't try to take the enemy flag while cloaked, as you will glow once you have it. And get someone to mine in there for you.
Kit Items: Wooden Sword, Leather Chestplate, TNT(40 second cooldown)

Overview: KABOOM! This kit is incredible for destroying the enemy's defense. Blowing up their flag's cocoon will cripple them because they can't attack your flag without exposing theirs. The explosion even drops blocks from the blown up defense! The TNT is also great for PVP. Since enemies will run away, you can use it to herd them to a good spot.
Kit Items: Leather Armor(no helmet), Bow, 1 arrow, Jump Boost III

Overview: Congrats, you are now a rabbit! As a rabbit, you can leap over enemy defenses and away from the enemies. Just get someone to mine the flag for you and you are set! Remember that this kit has no weapon other than the bow, so you are the worst kit for PVP. Just take the flag and walk away.
Kit Items: Wooden Sword, Chain Chestplate, Wooden Pickaxe, Summon(40 second cooldown)

Overview: Summon mobs to help you in battle. Scare off your enemies. Be the best. Fight off enemies with a slime by your side. You aren't the best for PVP, but your mobs can act like another player. Sort of.

Overtime
If both teams have the same amount of captures when the Fight phase ends, this phase begins! What strategy should you choose, where it is just you, the map, and your enemies?
  • Guard your flag at all costs. One capture and you are done, so be careful. If you have builders, instruct them to build a small wall around your flag. It will help.
  • Send Runners after the enemy flag. Forget about the kits that are only used to destroy enemy flag defenses. Your team should consist of warriors, runners, and a builder or two
That's my guide. If I got anything wrong, please correct me. If you have any questions, feel free to share them. I hope you learned something. Go have fun now. Enjoy playing blockwars!:)
What a great guide, It is pretty complete. I would only add a couple of things: During the overtime, there should be ninjas in your team too, as people tend to camp when their defenses are deleted on the overtime, the ninja would easily manage to take the flag, and with a proper defense, it should capture easily. Also, if many of your enemies are trying to defend their flag and their flag defense is open, with the runner kit, if you have good aim, you can run in circles while breaking the flag so you avoid getting hit, to then take the flag, escape and hopefully capture.

C

Cuteee

This is a preety nice guide, should be implemented in game so players that don't know how to play learn how.

MyAccount

Oct 17, 2017
Use as many blocks as possible in your building time.

This is definitely not always correct, especially when with the double block modifier, using that advice players will spam blocks all of the floor and just make it harder to maneuver around their own base, more so it is important to consider quality over quantity when building defenses in block wars and just spamming blocks is just annoying for teammates trying to actually improve the quality of the defense

NEVER do nothing in this phase. Without your blocks, your team will be at a disadvantage due to its defense.

I nearly always do nothing during this phase because I believe that its better to not have to come back to an overly massive defense whilst being chased with the flag and prefer to improve my speed bridging skills, good advice for inexperienced players but not always the case for those with more advanced knowledge.

Don't mine through your defense to get to places! Instead, jump into the void to get to a place where leaping over your defense is a thing.

I'm not ruining my k/d bruh, also its important to open the defence for your teammate capturing the flag.

Don't make a path to your flag! While you won't have to mine your defense to get to your flag, your enemy will have an easy time getting to it!

This is the complete opposite to how I play the game, I hate being at my flag barely alive, being chased my the enemy team and killed because the endless layers of unneeded defense, if you are capable of killing the enemies, leave an open spot.

This kit's primary use is to defend the flag. However, the archer excels in melee combat when near the void. However, keep an eye on your arrows. Running out of these is fatal! In that case, use your pickaxe as your primary weapon and be a kamikaze guy! CHAARGE!

I would avoid being anywhere near your own flag at any time because on most maps this is far from the void, a better idea is to stay in the centre of the map (where there is a lot of void and wait for the person with the flag to come near you), you may also want to hide and K.O. them right off.

With this kit, you can repair your flag defense with ease. You can also build over enemy defenses, and build a sky bridge to the enemy by dying over and over! There are many possibilities, let your imagination guide you!

I can't tell you how many things there are wrong with this, I'm sorry but this is so wrong on so many levels, "repairing the flag" is the very thing I hate most about the game, I've died hundreds of times to teammates blocking up an open part of the flag a few seconds before I get there and only helped me about 5, please never ever do this if you have teammates trying to capture flags! This kit is best used offensively to build over enemy walls, but this is still very difficult because of the targeting you get from any player with a brain making the smart choice of targeting you because you look like a bomber, so it may be hard, but if you succeed, it will be amazing. I really hope the sky bridge thing is a joke though because if you actually do that, it is completely pointless and actively doing the opposite of helping your team by basically leaving the play area where your team actually need you.

I don't know how it is useful against jumper, you should explain that but if this were truly accurate, you might want to just say point blank, the kit is useless because there just isn't any doubt against that and using it just makes you look like a noob, if anything you can survive for less time with this than other kits because the slowness one effect just makes you target practice and anyone who knows how to 1.9 pvp can kill you dead easily.

If you want to sneak into the enemy base, use this kit. The cloak ability makes you invisible for 15 seconds. While others can see your name tag, they still won't notice. Cloaking during PVP is also great as the enemy can only see your sword. Remember that you have no armor, so you are vulnerable. Don't try to take the enemy flag while cloaked, as you will glow once you have it. And get someone to mine in there for you.

Players cannot see your name tag. Always take the enemy flag while cloaked so they can't see you breaking it, and having a teammate mine into your base for you will never ever ever ever ever ever happen in less than 2 minutes unless you have a competent friend with you ( why I prefer having an opening).

The TNT is also great for PVP

It's better to just save it than use it in PvP , I've seen it used effectively a handful of times.
Congrats, you are now a rabbit! As a rabbit, you can leap over enemy defenses and away from the enemies. Just get someone to mine the flag for you and you are set! Remember that this kit has no weapon other than the bow, so you are the worst kit for PVP. Just take the flag and walk away.
Having someone mining in for you still doesn't work and it is actually pretty good in PvP with low gravity
Guard your flag at all costs. One capture and you are done, so be careful. If you have builders, instruct them to build a small wall around your flag. It will help.
In over time, don't put any effort into defence, always just go for your attack with maybe 1 or 2 players back defending, camping will cause a tie and thats no better than losing so go all out, if you are going to build a wall around the your flag just leave it open at the back for captures because theres even less time for mining.

Apart from a "couple" nitpicks I've commented on, good guide, I wanted to make one myself but too lazy :p

ProNoob877

Novice Member
Dec 1, 2017
YOUR SOUL
I see that you have your own strategy.
This guide covers one big flag defense strat, and this strat has won me many games. Defense is important. If you have your own strat feel free to use it, but please don't go covering why my strat is so terrible. Thanks for reading though:)

MyAccount

Oct 17, 2017
I'm not saying it's terrible, I just have a lot of experience ( 8000 games ish, yes I know no life) and thought to share some extra info and small mistakes you made, like 'tank is good against jumper' , without explanation and that 'jumper is the worst kit for pvp' when tank doesn't even have a weapon, sorry if I sound rude tho ;o

ProNoob877

Novice Member
Dec 1, 2017
YOUR SOUL
Tank can use the pickaxe as a weapon, not to mention a bow and 2 arrows.
It's better than the jumper who only has a bow and arrow(1 arrow!) as a weapon.

Aurora

Jun 12, 2016
<3
Nice guide. I would also add an explanation of what trap blocks are, as people that are new to the game often ask what the purpose of that is and how to use it.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Dang it I I keep missing the birthdays of all the cool people. Why were so many of you born in may :despair:

Anyways late happy birthday
Thanks for all the wishes <3
UncleSpect wrote on zauuberr009's profile.
Happy birthday!
Xi1m wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
happy birthday!!!!1!1!1!1!!11!!1!1 :3
Frontlane wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈🥳
Top Bottom