Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

siepp

Aug 18, 2019
Honestly, they need to fix the game balancing in blockwars.
Playing 8v4 or same situations. It has a team balancer but always makes it 7v4 or 8v5 which is already unfair, you could easily make those 6v5 or 7v6.
These current team balancings make the game pretty unfair and unplayable. Core is just a number's game which makes it impossible to ever win a 7v4. A lot of players quit blockwars due to the unfair games. The balancing team change would make it a lot more playable for everyone as lots of pros just farm wins in blockwars by playing unfair games. If the balancing doesn't change soon the game will die soon again in my opinion as every player just gets thrown in unfair games.

Hopes this makes a change in the team balancing in Blokcwars (Core and Ctf)

^^

PS: first photo is at the start of the game which is already unfair, through the game all my teammates left as well which ended up as a 1v8 for me alone. Pretty unfair isn't it?

Attachments

• foto forum.png
    foto forum.png
    535.7 KB · Views: 107
  • foto forum 2.png
    foto forum 2.png
    309.4 KB · Views: 106

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
the same problem goes for TD when you're unlucky (which happens a lot), its sadly hard to fix without ruining the game for people who are playing with friends, mainly bigger parties. you'd split up a working team. i think they should either make the max players per team less to make the difference smaller or simply give the team thats with less players a slight boost. this might not be fair based on skills (which games will never be), but it would still fix the numbers.
still a good thing you brought this back up tho :)

siepp

Aug 18, 2019
the same problem goes for TD when you're unlucky (which happens a lot), its sadly hard to fix without ruining the game for people who are playing with friends, mainly bigger parties. you'd split up a working team. i think they should either make the max players per team less to make the difference smaller or simply give the team thats with less players a slight boost. this might not be fair based on skills (which games will never be), but it would still fix the numbers.
still a good thing you brought this back up tho :)
hmmm I don't play TD as much but as much as I hate it in blockwars I can understand you too, I have more problems with parties of 8 speedrunning some new players in a minute, as by this people cant enjoy the game and the player base starts to shrink a lot. If the teams were fairer it would be way easier for newbies to enjoy the game and have some fair games of it. Thanks for commenting anyways :D

Reactions: InkAsriel

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
hmmm I don't play TD as much but as much as I hate it in blockwars I can understand you too, I have more problems with parties of 8 speedrunning some new players in a minute, as by this people cant enjoy the game and the player base starts to shrink a lot. If the teams were fairer it would be way easier for newbies to enjoy the game and have some fair games of it. Thanks for commenting anyways :D
yep same in TD xD some of the pro players always stick with the same team and same rush tactic, the update did a bit of balancing, but im sure they came up with something new. learning is impossible when people rush the first 3 seconds sadly :c its a shame unbalanced teams is the reason these games will shrink quite a bit, they're both great games :D

Reactions: siepp

viktorr

Feb 23, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
Honestly, they need to fix the game balancing in blockwars.
Playing 8v4 or same situations. It has a team balancer but always makes it 7v4 or 8v5 which is already unfair, you could easily make those 6v5 or 7v6.
These current team balancings make the game pretty unfair and unplayable. Core is just a number's game which makes it impossible to ever win a 7v4. A lot of players quit blockwars due to the unfair games. The balancing team change would make it a lot more playable for everyone as lots of pros just farm wins in blockwars by playing unfair games. If the balancing doesn't change soon the game will die soon again in my opinion as every player just gets thrown in unfair games.

Hopes this makes a change in the team balancing in Blokcwars (Core and Ctf)

^^

PS: first photo is at the start of the game which is already unfair, through the game all my teammates left as well which ended up as a 1v8 for me alone. Pretty unfair isn't it?
I myself often play in parties of say 8 people, sometimes we have to play against 5 random people and the autobalance does indeed not do anything against this.

I myself would not move members of the party to the other team because, as you said, these parties farm for quick wins and this can therefore cause "griefing" to finish the game faster.

I think an increase in resistance would work, both teams play in the normal group but, for example, in an 8v5
(even 8v7) the 5 (7) man team gets a favour in the form of resistance.

I know that resistance is also a thing now, but I don't really have the feeling that it has a big added value.
it should be increased.

siepp

Aug 18, 2019
yep same in TD xD some of the pro players always stick with the same team and same rush tactic, the update did a bit of balancing, but im sure they came up with something new. learning is impossible when people rush the first 3 seconds sadly :c its a shame unbalanced teams is the reason these games will shrink quite a bit, they're both great games :D
ugh its just so silly to see them act think they are good when they can only beat noobs and play unfair game, it annoys me so much like forreal

Reactions: InkAsriel

siepp

Aug 18, 2019
I myself often play in parties of say 8 people, sometimes we have to play against 5 random people and the autobalance does indeed not do anything against this.

I myself would not move members of the party to the other team because, as you said, these parties farm for quick wins and this can therefore cause "griefing" to finish the game faster.

I think an increase in resistance would work, both teams play in the normal group but, for example, in an 8v5
(even 8v7) the 5 (7) man team gets a favour in the form of resistance.

I know that resistance is also a thing now, but I don't really have the feeling that it has a big added value.
it should be increased.
increasing resistance doesnt work at all, it doesnt give the players a feeling of fair game. And pointing out you play a lot in parties doesn't help much either, as I know the only thing you guys care about is wins and finishing the games fast. You guys just abuse the fact that the games are unfair and haven't done anything at all to make the games fair.

viktorr

Feb 23, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
increasing resistance doesnt work at all, it doesnt give the players a feeling of fair game. And pointing out you play a lot in parties doesn't help much either, as I know the only thing you guys care about is wins and finishing the games fast. You guys just abuse the fact that the games are unfair and haven't done anything at all to make the games fair.
I said that I did this (play in p's) often to show that this is the opinion of many of us (p-members).
I don't think this is abuse, we play with the cards we are dealt, such as parties.

Each person has 10 hearts, so a full team has 80.
A team of 6 (without resistance) only has 60, so I would make sure that this is evened out anyway.
In the end, having less men is still a disadvantage, but I think that with other advantages, such as dealing more damage, this should be able to be solved.

siepp

Aug 18, 2019
I said that I did this (play in p's) often to show that this is the opinion of many of us (p-members).
I don't think this is abuse, we play with the cards we are dealt, such as parties.

Each person has 10 hearts, so a full team has 80.
A team of 6 (without resistance) only has 60, so I would make sure that this is evened out anyway.
In the end, having less men is still a disadvantage, but I think that with other advantages, such as dealing more damage, this should be able to be solved.
You don't call it abuse? But still, people are complaining you guys are speedrunning games against people who are just learning to play? And every time a party faces you guys, you instantly leave? As fair games are too hard for you guys. So yes, it's definitely abuse, and as someone who does this, you instantly are against this idea? It's just fairer to make it 6v7 instead of 8v5, if that doesn't work for you guys than wait till more players have joined the game and it's a 8v7 or 8v8.

viktorr

Feb 23, 2021
John's Kiwi Farm
You don't call it abuse? But still, people are complaining you guys are speedrunning games against people who are just learning to play? And every time a party faces you guys, you instantly leave? As fair games are too hard for you guys. So yes, it's definitely abuse, and as someone who does this, you instantly are against this idea? It's just fairer to make it 6v7 instead of 8v5, if that doesn't work for you guys than wait till more players have joined the game and it's a 8v7 or 8v8.
First, we don't leave and second, I think you are right but I would like to make some small changes in your suggestion.
I think there are other ways to give the nonparty-team an advantage without splitting parties.
(We like having hard games too ;))

siepp

Aug 18, 2019
First, we don't leave and second, I think you are right but I would like to make some small changes in your suggestion.
I think there are other ways to give the nonparty-team an advantage without splitting parties.
(We like having hard games too ;))
My point is they should change games that are now 8v5 or 7v4, to respectively 7v6 or 6v5. If you don't want that than you should question yourself in how fair you like to play the game =D

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Hele goede thread. Het oude autobalance systeem zou ik een perfecte oplossing vinden dat het stel mensen leaven je team worden mensen van het andere team in je team gezet. En ook gewoon een systeem dat vantevoren de teams zo eerlijk mogelijk maakt zoals bij 7v4 dat het 6v5 wordt gemaakt. Denk dat veel casual spelers mede door deze redenen stoppen met spelen door dit slechte systeem van balancen wat er nu is.
Puike thread

Reactions: InkAsriel and siepp

SGGSTNS

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2021
This is something completely necessary! It would be a QoL update and I don’t think it will take a long time to implement, small change and a big benefit ;) @Camezonda cough cough

• Love
D

Deleted member 347571

I would add the old system but change it up so you won't be sent to the other team when the game is already ending. Make it so you can be put in the other team at the start of the game, building period & 2 minutes after the building period this prevents you from losing your wins since you can still win in the last 4 minutes & overtime. There are also other ways to make a rebalance system but this is a system that i think that could work. Games such as 8 v 6 shouldn't be started, it should only start when there are 7 or 8 players per team. A new and better meta for blockwars is also a great possibility to make the game more fair such as the bomber kit being nerfed. The thing is, you have winfarmers in every game, in this game you play against parties because the game is not that populair yet, if it would have had 500 players then you would not have seen them a lot.

siepp

Aug 18, 2019
I would add the old system but change it up so you won't be sent to the other team when the game is already ending. Make it so you can be put in the other team at the start of the game, building period & 2 minutes after the building period this prevents you from losing your wins since you can still win in the last 4 minutes & overtime. There are also other ways to make a rebalance system but this is a system that i think that could work. Games such as 8 v 6 shouldn't be started, it should only start when there are 7 or 8 players per team. A new and better meta for blockwars is also a great possibility to make the game more fair such as the bomber kit being nerfed. The thing is, you have winfarmers in every game, in this game you play against parties because the game is not that populair yet, if it would have had 500 players then you would not have seen them a lot.
doesn't necessarily need to be 8v8,its more important the teams are equally balanced. 4v4 can be great too in blockwars sometimes. And about the farmers, every new player that joins the game gets immediately smashed by farmers like you, which makes them not liking the game and the playerbase never growing.

D

Deleted member 347571

Playing with friends in a party does not equal winfarming, if thats the case then nobody can play in a party because they are 'winfarming'.

siepp

Aug 18, 2019
Playing with friends in a party does not equal winfarming, if thats the case then nobody can play in a party because they are 'winfarming'.
I dont mind parties? but speedrunning in a minute in a 8v5 against some noobs doesn't seem pretty fair does it? funny to see somehow who has been abusing this unfair thing the last months comment here like he cares about it

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Add random teams and then problem solved no more team farmers. Just remove team selection and putting big parties together no longer do that. Then every team gets even amount of tryhards and it's actually fair.

Reactions: Pescadoso and siepp
Top Bottom