Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
BlockWars: Domination
AUTHOR’S NOTE - All yellow text means is that it is a feature I want to leave the development team to finalise. Also, this is not in any server at the moment but it is a gamemode from a dying-if-not-already-dead game separate to Minecraft, so therefore I think it is (almost, remember nothing is perfect) perfect to suggest

Oh dear I haven’t done a suggestion in so long 😭 anyway my idea is loosely based off a game I used to play, it’s called diep.io and Domination is one of the few gamemodes included in it. But to get an idea of what Domination is, you have to know how it works in the original.

How does domination work?
Domination is a gamemode where you capture different “dominators” across the map. In diep.io, you are sorted into 2 teams that each work together to capture a dominator. A dominator ingame has to be taken down to minimum health to be captured for your team. While you are attempting to capture a dominator, they will usually shoot at you/anyone as it is a neutral state(yellow). However, once it is taken down, your team will control it and you will not be shot at unless you are an enemy team member. However, a controlled dominator can be contested back into its neutral state if it is taken down by enemies. The final blow decides which team it will go into. The game ends when all 4 dominators are captured by a team which then wins. For a better idea of what it is click the hibiscus: 🌺🌺🌺

However I believe that this cannot be implemented exactly as it is in diep.io.

So what do we change about it?

1: The way dominators work should be different. Minecraft does not have the same physics as diep.io, therefore the whole shooting at capturers thing should be scrapped. Instead, dominators should apply Poison to nearby players inside the ring(see below).

2: The way a dominator is taken down should be different too. You must stay inside a designated capture ring for a certain amount of time amplified by how many people are inside it. If an enemy is inside the ring the time pauses until the enemy exits the ring, then it will resume.

3: You don’t need to farm up with points, you play as you spawn in your kit unlike diep.io

4: An overtime is needed if both teams draw at the end of the time which lasts a certain amount of time(there is no time limit in diep.io, it is indefinite until all 4 are captured by the same team)

What do we implement from BlockWars into this?
1: The existing kit. It, from the top of my head, consists of coloured leather armour, stone tools(sword, axe and pickaxe), a bow and 32x arrows, 32 concrete blocks and 8 wood planks, granted and replenished upon spawn.(the kit itself will vary slightly depending on if it is in CTF or Bridges, therefore I want to leave the kit for the dev team to adjust a little bit.

2: The existing power-ups. These are Speed, Jump Boost and Haste. In addition, there should be a Capture Rate increase powerup for a very short amount of time. TNT will only spawn after at least 2 dominators are captured.

🪷 ——————————————— 🪷

Agree percentage: 82.35%
Agree until forwarded: 14/25

:agree: Add your reason, thanks for agreeing ☺️
:unsure: Add your reason, tell me what is wrong with the suggestion 😭
:disagree: Add your reason, tell me why my suggestion sucks 😟

Last edited:

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
This would be perfect to add to the upcoming BlockWars update that's currently in Cubecrafts backlog. One thing is that dominators shouldn't take as long to capture as they do in Diep.io; otherwise the game would take forever. Agree :agree:

Reactions: solarxysm

solarxysm

Mar 26, 2022
the sun
This would be perfect to add to the upcoming BlockWars update that's currently in Cubecrafts backlog. One thing is that dominators shouldn't take as long to capture as they do in Diep.io; otherwise the game would take forever. Agree :agree:
they do take forever to capture… especially when theres only a few people working to capture it so i took that in mind(blockwars games are generally short so it would go against blockwars to be a long game)

Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
(blockwars games are generally short so it would go against blockwars to be a long game)
Although CTF can go on for quite a long time, and on Java Core can go on forever. Bridges is really short though.

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
quick disclaimer, I'm a Java player, I know Bedrock is significantly different, but don't know how exactly, I am purely talking about Java unless I say otherwise. However adding this as an update purely to Bedrock and leaving Java out seems very unfair to me, hence my reply talking about Java.

There are a few problems/questions I have.

A significant part of Blockwars CTF and Core is the build time, you have a Flag or a Core that you defend by building around it.. How exactly would this work in this mode? I don't believe you can simply leave it out entirely.. It's a core part of the game as it currently is after all. It also changes the balancing of all Java kits, making some of them completely useless, others incredibly overpowered, and some playstyles would simply ruin the fun for everyone involved. Adding blocks to defend during the battle time would also mess with the balancing, and allow players to jump in the void to get new blocks to defend with, and again, certain playstyles could ruin the fun.

This leaves one option, add a building time! Except, this wouldn't work either. For one, as I understand the game currently, all Dominators start out Neutral. Meaning you have nothing to actually defend. Of course, we could give each team control over 2 of the 4 Dominators to start out with, this would however be problematic since it would basically be Core, except there's two, and if one gets taken you can simply gain back control over it. This means it's just Core, except it's longer, and will most likely end up in draws a lot more. Giving each team control over 1 of the 4 cores and leaving the remaining 2 neutral would give you the same problems as before, it being dragged out Core, and it would also be incredibly confusing to newer players.

The capturing process of this would also be out of sync with the other capturing processes in Java where you mine a wool blocks instead of simply waiting in an area. Which in my opinion is a much better way to capture things in Java due to how the pvp works. Changing the capturing process on Java would be confusing since it'd be out of sync. It would also create problems since you can't hit/kill people as quickly, meaning you can tank a few hits in the ring then run away without anyone being able to do much about it. Making it the same as Core however will mean the game takes longer. This is a significant problem. I don't see a good way to create a Dominator, have 4 of them, and create a capturing process that's properly balanced without taking a very long time to play out. At least not on Java, if anyone does have any suggestions for this then please do tell me!

On top of all of these problems (which may or may not be problems on Bedrock), the existing games are (at least on Java) entirely unbalanced, I would personally much rather see a re-balancing update than yet another mode, which itself would be incredibly unbalanced, or incredibly unlike Blockwars, and still mess with the original Blockwars' balancing...

Essentially, I like the idea of it, however the balancing with the rest of blockwars seems impossible to me, so it would have to be it's own game entirely, just like bridges, which in and of itself I have no problems with. However due to the current state of the existing Blockwars games being incredibly unbalanced, fairly buggy/glitchy, and entirely dead, I don't believe adding an entirely new mode would be a good idea. Balancing, (and possibly a few other minor changes) and thereby reviving, the existing games should be prioritised over creating new gamemodes which would simply create even more problems with said balancing.

(You could argue you can do both, but that seems like a lot of work for one single update considering how messed up the existing Java Blockwars really is..)
P.S. Sorry to be your first disagree on this one. :c

Reactions: Komodо and Amazinq

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
A significant part of Blockwars CTF and Core is the build time, you have a Flag or a Core that you defend by building around it.. How exactly would this work in this mode? I don't believe you can simply leave it out entirely.. It's a core part of the game as it currently is after all.
Bridges doesn't have a build time and it's a BlockWars game.
it being dragged out Core
It would be different to Core, core is closer to CTF than it is to this. Also Core doesn't exist on Bedrock.
Essentially, I like the idea of it, however the balancing with the rest of blockwars seems impossible to me, so it would have to be it's own game entirely, just like bridges,
Bridges isn't different from BlockWars, it isn't its own game. It's apart of BlockWars.

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
Also Core doesn't exist on Bedrock.
That's a very fair point - however it does exist on Java, and depending on the execution this idea can be very similar, or seem like an extended version of it. Besides that, even if it doesn't feel that way, my points about it being dragged out stand - Core already takes a fairly long time to play out on Java, and adding additional "cores" or in this case Dominators, which can then also be recaptured seems like a recipe for long games to me. The back and forth could end up taking hours, which the original diep.io games was actually kind of designed to be able to do.

Bridges isn't different from BlockWars, it isn't its own game. It's apart of BlockWars.
I don't know about Bedrock, but on Java Bridges is in no way comparable to the original blockwars - that's not to say it's not technically called blockwars, it's just when I say blockwars I'm refering to the OG CTF/Core type. Not Bridges.

Bridges has an entirely different playerbase, entirely different kits (in fact it has no kits from CTF'/Core) and even different game mechanics, you never used to be able to shoot powerups in CTF/Core, maybe they changed it since but to the best of my knowledge you still can't. It's called BlockWars, and you could argue that makes it "Blockwars", but again, when I say Blockwars, I'm referring to CTF/Core, which, while they share a name, in reality have nothing to do with Bridges aside from the fact you're defending something and it's red vs blue. However every tactic used to defend and attack are completely different. If the only requirement is that the gear is somewhat similar, leather armour stone tools, and that you're defending and attacking something, we might as well start calling 10v10 eggwars maps Blockwars as well. (Yes, they're obviously very different and can't actually be compared but I'm just trying to make a point here.)

On top of these points you also still have not addressed my (imo) most important point about Blockwars already being unbalanced and needing major reworks to even be playable, which still needs to take priority over adding new gamemodes.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Bridges has an entirely different playerbase, entirely different kits (in fact it has no kits from CTF'/Core) and even different game mechanics, you never used to be able to shoot powerups in CTF/Core, maybe they changed it since but to the best of my knowledge you still can't. It's called BlockWars, and you could argue that makes it "Blockwars", but again, when I say Blockwars, I'm referring to CTF/Core, which, while they share a name, in reality have nothing to do with Bridges aside from the fact you're defending something and it's red vs blue. However every tactic used to defend and attack are completely different. If the only requirement is that the gear is somewhat similar, leather armour stone tools, and that you're defending and attacking something, we might as well start calling 10v10 eggwars maps Blockwars as well. (Yes, they're obviously very different and can't actually be compared but I'm just trying to make a point here.)
Fair point; although I believe that Cubecraft is trying to expand the BlockWars brand and make it more vague. As for domination being long and drawn out, dominators could be somewhat quick to capture. There could also be some kind of sudden death after a set amount of time like in Bridges.

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
Fair point; although I believe that Cubecraft is trying to expand the BlockWars brand and make it more vague.
That's possible yes, although personally I don't really like the idea of that term being made more vague, I feel like it'd mostly just split the community up more - Bridges and CTF/Core are already almost entirely seperate from each other as I said, which I personally feel isn't good because it removes the community feeling Blockwars used to have (although a lot of drama within said community already ruined that for a lot of people).

As for things being quick to capture, that would mean they're also quick to recapture, you're stuck with the back and forth either way. And I don't see how exactly a deathmatch would work, the point seems to be that all 4 Dominators need to be controlled by one Team, making it so that after (for example) 10 minutes you only need to control 3 seems to me like you're undermining the point of the game, I'm not sure if you meant a different kind of death match, but that's the only one I can think of... I suppose it would work, but I don't think it'd be a good solution.

And even if you had something else in mind it'd most likely just lead to most of the game being waiting for the Death match and then a single rush will get you the win.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Top Bottom