Should this map be added?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
Cool map! Just one thing, what are these floating glass objects above the islands?

TacoBlade8400

Aug 23, 2020
The idea of Block Wars is to play the game not find secrets or explore. It's cool to have a random easter egg but not like what you are doing. Well "opinions" or not I don't see this being added. Good luck and I might change my vote if improvements are made.
The objective of Blockwars is to get the enemy’s team flag and come back to yours, does that mean people do it? No, they get iron, make stupid defenses, build random things, my point is each player plays the way he thinks it’s right and if the map give options of exploration there will be people who will do it

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
The objective of Blockwars is to get the enemy’s team flag and come back to yours, does that mean people do it? No, they get iron, make stupid defenses, build random things, my point is each player plays the way he thinks it’s right and if the map give options of exploration there will be people who will do it

Well as you say people break objective which is annoying and makes it harder to defend or attack, this just adds to it. It’s not needed.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
Hi! I voted no for your map. In my opinion it isn't that great in terms of aesthetics or gameplay. I know it can be frustrating to receive no's without any justification, or just undetailed feedback that doesn't really lead anywhere. So I tried my best to point specific issues, and provide recommendations that you may find useful!

First off, the main paths that connect both bases are too narrow, which makes getting thrown into the void extremely easy, if there aren't proper ways to get to the enemy base, the game will most likely take longer than it should and it might even end up in a tie. For BlockWars maps, it's important that you make sure players have more than just one alternative to travel, the more paths, the more interesting gameplay will be.

Apart from that, the main appeal of your map seems to be the slimeblock jumps, and although it's a great and very creative idea, it wouldn't be too great for players using devices that don't allow that much mobility. Specifically mobile devices and maybe even console. For bedrock it's important that maps are easy to navigate through, while still having their risks and terrain variation. (this also ties up to why your main paths shouldn't be so narrow)

Now about the looks of the map, I really don't think that the theme you chose is being represented that well. Which isn't a big deal, you can just change the name. But... are you able to think of anything else? Because how the map looks currently, it looks like every other blockwars map, but simplified. I think you need to reconsider what makes your map unique, and make sure that it looks like what you're trying to represent. As said in one of the previous replies, I don't think your build is up to the quality standards of cubecraft maps, and you can see that yourself by comparing your map to other already existing ones.

The slime jumps idea is honestly really cool and I think you could put together a really nice map if you take into account all of the feedback you've gotten, and the Do's and Dont's recommendations for BlockWars maps. Nice job 😊

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I voted no for your map. In my opinion it isn't that great in terms of aesthetics or gameplay. I know it can be frustrating to receive no's without any justification, or just undetailed feedback that doesn't really lead anywhere. So I tried my best to point specific issues, and provide recommendations that you may find useful!

First off, the main paths that connect both bases are too narrow, which makes getting thrown into the void extremely easy, if there aren't proper ways to get to the enemy base, the game will most likely take longer than it should and it might even end up in a tie. For BlockWars maps, it's important that you make sure players have more than just one alternative to travel, the more paths, the more interesting gameplay will be.

Apart from that, the main appeal of your map seems to be the slimeblock jumps, and although it's a great and very creative idea, it wouldn't be too great for players using devices that don't allow that much mobility. Specifically mobile devices and maybe even console. For bedrock it's important that maps are easy to navigate through, while still having their risks and terrain variation. (this also ties up to why your main paths shouldn't be so narrow)

Now about the looks of the map, I really don't think that the theme you chose is being represented that well. Which isn't a big deal, you can just change the name. But... are you able to think of anything else? Because how the map looks currently, it looks like every other blockwars map, but simplified. I think you need to reconsider what makes your map unique, and make sure that it looks like what you're trying to represent. As said in one of the previous replies, I don't think your build is up to the quality standards of cubecraft maps, and you can see that yourself by comparing your map to other already existing ones.

The slime jumps idea is honestly really cool and I think you could put together a really nice map if you take into account all of the feedback you've gotten, and the Do's and Dont's recommendations for BlockWars maps. Nice job 😊

Basically what I was trying to say, but better worded since I am running on no sleep lmao.

Reactions: wxzzrd

CedricFresh

Novice Member
May 15, 2020

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to make adjustments for ways to get to the other side, and I already have ideas of how to do this. Also, I was thinking of changing the name to 'Simplified', as that is what most people are saying about this map, as it looks like if you simplified most maps down to their main gameplay elements. I hope to switch over people's votes with this new change, which will be in a few hours, since schoolwork and all that. But thanks again for the feedback, it really helps a lot more than just voting no and not giving a comment.

Reactions: Eli

OOFChan0924

Aug 15, 2020
I very much disagree with most peoples responses, I'll be very honest. It's very basic and not up to Cube level standards. There is very little detail, and it's very small. The theme does not fit at all, I don't see anything that represents gravity. Along with being a little messy. It will need a lot of work before it can get accepted. -1
the name may not fit quite right, but i feel like you're taking a very close minded view on this map. To the casual player, the first glance and read through the description make it look like just an average if not subpar map. The entire approach on the detail has a minimalist appeal and if anything just improves upon the positive map. There's not enough variety in maps nowadays, this would add some much needed variety in having short, close gameplay where building would be much more important. The limited space to PvP means players have to play better and smarter, meaning more interesting games and rewarding more experienced or just better players. And the secrets being a bad thing is a strange idea to me, again finding them gives regular CTF players something to do.

Reactions: wxzzrd

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
the name may not fit quite right, but i feel like you're taking a very close minded view on this map. To the casual player, the first glance and read through the description make it look like just an average if not subpar map. The entire approach on the detail has a minimalist appeal and if anything just improves upon the positive map. There's not enough variety in maps nowadays, this would add some much needed variety in having short, close gameplay where building would be much more important. The limited space to PvP means players have to play better and smarter, meaning more interesting games and rewarding more experienced or just better players. And the secrets being a bad thing is a strange idea to me, again finding them gives regular CTF players something to do.

Close-minded? I'm giving my opinion from the photos I can go off of, besides I am knowledgeable with how maps work so I have a handle on what works and what dosen't. I think the mechanics are nice however that dosen't mean you substitute the design and aesthetics for gameplay per say. You can still make a beautiful or detailed map with cool gameplay.

Soulless_Unity

May 22, 2017
Hello, thank you for your efforts in submitting this.

Unfortunately, collectively the design team have decided to deny this map submission due to the following reasons:
-We're wanting new maps getting released to have a theme

Please do not be disheartened by the above comments, hope you had a wonderful time building! Looks like you put a lot of care into this map 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

ToonBer wrote on Catss's profile.
Thanks for all your hard work, thanks for being such a kind a lovely person, thanks for helping all helpers, thanks for listening to others and good luck in the future. All the best 💙
Critly wrote on Begijntje's profile.
Happy Birthdayy!! :)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on endertom100's profile.
Thank you for the follow!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on _arty___'s profile.
Welcome to the forums I hope you will have an awesome time here! ^-^
endertom100 wrote on Begijntje's profile.
Happy birthdayyy!!! :)
Top Bottom